Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New England manager?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Right now I wouldn't get rid of Roy, but I we were to, how about selecting a former player with no experience of being a manager ala Klinsman for Germany or Rijkaard for the Netherlands....?

Dare I say it Beckham....? A huge gamble but could he be any worse than Sven or Fabio...?
  • Options
    What can he do?

Where is his pool of talent to choose from?

At least Jagielka had the decency to look thoroughly embarrassed and despondent but I wouldn't even blame him. This shitness is not down to the manager and believe me Roy Hodgson is 100% the right man for the job. What the hell can he about players with over 200 top tier appearances not being able to deal with aerial stuff? The defending for both goals last night was laughable. Yes the cross was nice for the first one but anyone with half a brain could see where Suarez was going and neither the centre half or the full back clocked it. What can the manager do when you are playing the best of a crap hand you have been dealt?

The problem for the last fifteen years has been the premier league and the way it is self governed and thumbs its nose at the FA

You look at the players signed by all of them this summer and also in our division. They will all be imports who are already 200 game veterans. English kids are not even given much of a chance in the second division

If anyone can tell me with a straight face who is breaking through defensively I'd love to know. Stones at Everton, anyone else?
  • Options
    I think Hodgson has to take some blame. Not too many disagreed with his team though. If I was England Manager, i'd want goals through the team. Against Uruguay , I noticed that they struggled when we got it wide - but we kept cutting inside - I was screaming at the telly but Hodgson took Sterling off. But I am not England manager - but a lot of pundits saw it too based on what I have read. I am concerned that Hodgson seemed to miss this! But, we keep changing the manager and it never makes much difference so maybe it is a waste of time.

Also in world cup games were your defence is never outnumbered- I'd go man to man on who I consider to be danger players. Doing so would have prevented at least 2 of the goals, maybe 3. So for me, Hodgson has issues!
  • Options
    Are you being serious? Gus poyet was the only pundit I have thought nailed it

Yeah we scored from.a cross, but we scored because more by luck than judgement it found its way through a mess of legs to Rooney who was in the right place. We didn't send a succession of dangerous balls into the box and I can't understand where this thought that we looked dangerous down the flanks. Yes, there was space there but the only time we looked remotely dangerous or even half threatening was the goal. We didn't press, didn't keep possession, and defended like I would expect us (Charlton) to

Roy Hodgson is not the problem. To be fair to the players, they are not really the problen either. They are a product of circumstance and show how little we have to choose from.

There are some times you can blame the manager and his selection or set up bit this tournament isn't one of those times.

• Options
    David Beckham could do better than Sven Goran Ericsson. I've heard it all now

The same sven who made us bloody difficult to play against and under whom we put in the single most important performance of a generation in Germany to qualify for a world cup we should never have stood a chance of going to?

The same guy who whilst not pleasing me by shunting Scholes out knew how to use what he had at his disposal to close a game out?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    No wonder he won't quit. Silly money that could be spent on grass roots football.
    The Mexican manager earns peanuts in comparison and look what he's achieved.

• Options

No wonder he won't quit. Silly money that could be spent on grass roots football.

Firstly, why should he quit...it's not his fault Premiership defenders went walkabout far too often and I'm pretty sure he didn't ask his captain to have such a stinker of a tournament either among other factors.

Secondly, Hogdson's salary is the result of the obscene money washing around in the English game not a reflection of where he should be performing on the world stage. Plus of course lot's of people are unable to cope with the concept of a foreign manager further reducing the market place.

Christ on a bike, can you imagine the melt down if the FA had appointed the Costa Rica manager???
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    He should be paid based on his achievements though - surely that is reasonable. looking at the figures above - It only reinforces how rubbish the FA are. Their initials sum up what they have done for English football over the last 50 years better than any words can. And Dyke ought to shut his gob - be pleased he can get his generous salary, like the other cronies and leave proper football clubs alone. If you can't do anything positive - don't do anything at all!

He has been one of teh most critical of Blatter - but he has no right to be. Ok the FA don't take back handers in the way FIFA officials might, but they are influenced by money. They can give us our game back - or at least try to but they are part of some monster - much like FIFA is.
  • Options
    It is not just the premier league that is at fault but a total useless coaching system and maybe a problem with the English mentality, we treat a football game like a battle form primary school upwards.

Long before the premier league was in place we failed to qualify for the 74 and 78 world cups and indeed did not need to qualify for the previous two world cups as hosts and winners. Since we won the world cup on home soil, Holland have reached three world cup finals and won the European nations with a population of 16 million people; Poland has reached two world cup semi's to our one! and as for Germany, Italy, France, Brazil, Spain and Argentina look at their records compared to ours since 66.

It is not about the manager; or the premier league; or the end of jumpers for goalposts (I am sure Germany have equally sophisticated kids nowadays who do not play football on bombsites anymore!), it is simply that we produce shit footballers compared to other nations, why I am not sure.

• Options
    Hodgson not the right man. Surely against Suarez (allegedly 75% fit)
    we should have had a man close to him all the game?
    Surely a tough tackler to let him know he was in a game.
    Didn't see any of his Liverpool mates tackle him once.
    Oh for a Nobby Stiles, Paul Ince, Scott Parker or Gareth Barry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014

It is not just the premier league that is at fault but a total useless coaching system and maybe a problem with the English mentality, we treat a football game like a battle form primary school upwards.

Long before the premier league was in place we failed to qualify for the 74 and 78 world cups and indeed did not need to qualify for the previous two world cups as hosts and winners. Since we won the world cup on home soil, Holland have reached three world cup finals and won the European nations with a population of 16 million people; Poland has reached two world cup semi's to our one! and as for Germany, Italy, France, Brazil, Spain and Argentina look at their records compared to ours since 66.

It is not about the manager; or the premier league; or the end of jumpers for goalposts (I am sure Germany have equally sophisticated kids nowadays who do not play football on bombsites anymore!), it is simply that we produce shit footballers compared to other nations, why I am not sure.

But it is the FA's fault because they could address this. Lots of people know what needs to be done but the desire for it to be done is not there. If you read between the lines of what Dyke said when he launched his plan - he was basically saying - we can't do what really needs to be done but we have to do something. Ok, he didn't say that literally but I am sure that is what he meant. And what needs to be done - is restricting the number of foreign players so premier clubs have to find British talent and spend a great deal of money on the grass roots of the game - coaching/pitches etc...
  • Options
    I still can't quite work out what Hodgson did to get the job in the first place
  • Options
    I would have like to have seen what Curbs would have done. I seriously would have!
  • Options

Hodgson not the right man. Surely against Suarez (allegedly 75% fit)
    we should have had a man close to him all the game?
    Surely a tough tackler to let him know he was in a game.
    Didn't see any of his Liverpool mates tackle him once.
    Oh for a Nobby Stiles, Paul Ince, Scott Parker or Gareth Barry.

Gareth Barry lol

I've never seen a player be so off international pace like he was in the last world cup
  • Options

I would have like to have seen what Curbs would have done. I seriously would have!

Probably wouldnt have qualified for the WC if that was the case ;)

• Options
    Carter said:

David Beckham could do better than Sven Goran Ericsson. I've heard it all now

The same sven who made us bloody difficult to play against and under whom we put in the single most important performance of a generation in Germany to qualify for a world cup we should never have stood a chance of going to?

The same guy who whilst not pleasing me by shunting Scholes out knew how to use what he had at his disposal to close a game out?

He played Scholes on the left at Euro 2004 because he wouldn't make a decision on which one of him, Gerrard and Lampard to drop. So Scholes retired.

Seeing games out? Would that be the loss to a ten man Brazil in 2002 after going 1-0 up or the defeats to France and Portugal in 2004 and 2006 after doing the same?
  • Options
    I think Curbs new how to get the best out of a limited team. To be fair Hodgson has done the same in the early part of his career!
  • Options
    I would just like someone whose strong enough to say goodbye to Gerard, Lamps and Rooney and start afresh
  • Options

Look at what Klinsmann is achieving with the USA on a third of Hodgson's take!

For me the biggest problem is that we don't have enough home grown talent to compete with the very best - how many of the best Premiership stars are playing for other countries? Answer: too bloody many! Absurdistan, you're spot on that the money needs to be at grass roots. It could equally be argued that the ridiculous wages of the likes of Rooney would be better spent on youth development, but until these idiots stop being so greedy we are not going to see any change to that kind of situation. There is just way, way too much money at the top of the footballing pyramid.

The same applies to managers, too. If we want an English England coach that's capable of getting us to the World Cup finals I think it's going to be a pretty long wait.....

• Options
    People are mental for wanting to get rid of Rooney from the England squad. Absolutely f*cking mental.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014

People are mental for wanting to get rid of Rooney from the England squad. Absolutely f*cking mental.

Why? You clearly saw that the entire team was worse off with him in his #10 spot. Sterling was far better against Italy compared to Rooney v Uruguay.

If Hodgson is stubbornly playing this 4-2-3-1 formation, then Rooney doesn't fit in anywhere.
  • Options
    Get Mourinho in. He's pretty much English anyway.
  • Options

interesting stats.

The english FA ...twats.

Fabio Capellos greedy little watsit
  • Options
    Nice of ITV to arrange a video interview for Hoddle before the Iran game. Straight ho-ing he was