Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury 2014.

Comments

• Options
    You can usually get it on catch up. As said, Arcade Fire ,supported by Jake Bugg are on at Hyde Park on Thursday.
    I'm going, but last I knew there are still tickets available. It was £69 from memory.
  • Options
    Granted I've been a big fan of Metallica for years but it'll be interesting to see how the Glastonbury crowd take to them tonight. As much as they're the biggest metal band on the planet, they're not exactly a Glastonbury kind of headliner, are they?
  • Options
    They were booked because they are one of the few bands in the world who could turn up to an empty field and sell it out on their own, so it'll always be their own crowd...they're being paid handsomely for it too.
  • Options
    Saw Arcade Fire a few weeks ago,same set as last night and absolutely smashed it again,some proper festival anthems. The other weekend headliners have got to so some to top that. Metallic is an interesting one,as JohnBoy says,not really associated with festival headlining.
  • Options
    apart from Knebworth, Reading, Donnington, Lollapalooza... ;O)
  • Options
    Seen Arcade Fire a few times, easily one of the best shows I've been too.
  • Options
    RedMist said:

Fair point,not really associated with 'mainstream' festivals I meant. Don't follow that type of music so couldn't tell you where they last headlined
  • Options
    Metallica definitely aren't a Glastonbury band, but they have enough fans that it doesn't really matter.

Good scheduling to put Jake Bugg up against them though, means the younger crowd can go there. (I'd be at MGMT though).
  • Options

Saw Arcade Fire a few weeks ago,same set as last night and absolutely smashed it again,some proper festival anthems. The other weekend headliners have got to so some to top that. Metallic is an interesting one,as JohnBoy says,not really associated with festival headlining.

Agree it'll be interesting to watch, not a fan anymore myself (last album I liked was from '86!) but it'll take the festival somewhere it hasn't been before-be good to hear what the (probably) bewildered bbc presenters have to say, as their idea of rock and roll these days is 'One Direction.
  • Options
    Metallica get paid more than any band on earth to perform more or less.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yup and it's a shedload for Glasto.
  • Options

RedMist said:

Fair point,not really associated with 'mainstream' festivals I meant. Don't follow that type of music so couldn't tell you where they last headlined
    Reading is about as mainstream as they come
  • Options
    Haim.......decent
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

RedMist said:

Did Download a couple years back too, which to be honest is more or less the perfect festival for them to headline.
  • Options
    I had never heard of John Newman but enjoyed his stuff on the iplayer.
  • Options
    Royal Blood are worth looking up later, doing fantastic on the John Peel stage right now.

Interpol from yesterday were good as well.
  • Options
    Looking forward to Robert Plant.
    Could be anything.
  • Options
    Really poor line up this year.
  • Options
    Who is the doris on BBC that looks like Shergar, she is doing my swede in.
  • Options
    Reading festival looks better. 22-24august
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As a lover of Soft Machine, Caravan, Gong, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Hatfield and the North etc, does anyone know if there any bands out there that reach the same musical heights and depths?
  • Options

As a lover of Soft Machine, Caravan, Gong, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Hatfield and the North etc, does anyone know if there any bands out there that reach the same musical heights and depths?

look no further than the massive sun ra arkestra that grace glasto this year!

• Options
    My daughter is doing her first festival this year goin Reading. Are Bastille at Glasto, they are the dog's bollocks.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

colthe3rd said:

RedMist said:

Did Download a couple years back too, which to be honest is more or less the perfect festival for them to headline.
    Download to me will always be Donnington, but i'm splitting hairs!

Also interested in Plantie, like you say could get anything!
  • Options

My daughter is doing her first festival this year goin Reading. Are Bastille at Glasto, they are the dog's bollocks.

Are you cool with it, makes you one cool dad if you are!

• Options
    are they like mcbusted? ;O)
  • Options

Who is the doris on BBC that looks like Shergar, she is doing my swede in.

Hahaha, literally the worst presenter in history of tv.

• Options
    Having watched Robert plant all I kept thinking was that I hoped that jimmy page would walk on and snap that bow thing in half!
  • Options
    Jack White is a f-ing great guitarist!