Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury 2014.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

RedMist said:

Those that think rock and metal is musically inferior to the more mainstream 'post' pretence are beyond help.

The word is AC/DC to headline next year... heard it here first ;O)

I have it on good authority from someone who is close to the band this is very likely going to happen.
    Indeed.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

colthe3rd said:

RedMist said:

Those that think rock and metal is musically inferior to the more mainstream 'post' pretence are beyond help.

I have it on good authority from someone who is close to the band this is very likely going to happen.
    I read a little while ago that Malcom Young was seriously ill and they were on the verge of calling it a day. Hoping I'm wrong, one the best acts I've ever seen live.
    He had a stroke Dave (leave it!) Brian Johnson said it is unlikely they will play together and complete the new album, unless MA gets better because they would not replace him. So I guess he's on the mend.

EDIT - just seen that his nephew Stevie Young is stepping to play Malcolms guitar parts.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

colthe3rd said:

RedMist said:

I read a little while ago that Malcom Young was seriously ill and they were on the verge of calling it a day. Hoping I'm wrong, one the best acts I've ever seen live.
    He had a stroke Dave (leave it!) Brian Johnson said it is unlikely they will play together and complete the new album, unless MA gets better because they would not replace him. So I guess he's on the mend.

EDIT - just seen that his nephew Stevie Young is stepping to play Malcolms guitar parts.
    Cheers, would love to get a chance to see them again.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

DISCLAIMER- I know how stingey this is but I don't have the money to buy a ticket - already paid £50 to see them a couple of weeks ago.

QUESTION- does anyone know how much of a gig you can hear if you go to Hyde Park and just sit in the park outside of the arena. Arcade Fire blew us away when we saw them at Earls Court a couple of weeks ago so me and a couple of mates were thinking of taking a picnic and some cans to the park and just sitting outside to have a night in the park and listen in to the gig - has anyone done that? Can you get close enough to make it worthwhile?

I don't know the answer. But the stage is about 300 metres from the entrance. So if you were sitting outside the front entrance (where many people sit picnicing before going in) you won't hear much.
    You could hang around later on, outside, along side, which would be nearer the stage, but it's not as good an area to sit, but is doable.
    Having said that, there's a reasonable chance you could pick up a spare or get a cheap ticket from a tout, as it's not sold out.

http://www.getmein.com/tickets/british-summer-time-2014-arcade-fire-tickets/london-258209.html

There are some on sale for £43 here.
  • Options
    Just clocked one of my paintings on the bbc coverage image
  • Options
    Nice one Shine.

Enjoying the highlights. Like Clean Bandit, Goldfrapp, Jake Bugg, Ellie Goulding
  • Options
    Yer it's nice watching it from the sofa :). At least I don't have to hold my breath to the point of passing out when going for a pee
  • Options

DISCLAIMER- I know how stingey this is but I don't have the money to buy a ticket - already paid £50 to see them a couple of weeks ago.

QUESTION- does anyone know how much of a gig you can hear if you go to Hyde Park and just sit in the park outside of the arena. Arcade Fire blew us away when we saw them at Earls Court a couple of weeks ago so me and a couple of mates were thinking of taking a picnic and some cans to the park and just sitting outside to have a night in the park and listen in to the gig - has anyone done that? Can you get close enough to make it worthwhile?

Did you go ? I couldn't see you outside, on the way out.
  • Options

Did you go ? I couldn't see you outside, on the way out.
    Yes we went, sat by the side of the fence with our picnic rugs outside the fence on the side of the park near the serpentine. Could hear pretty clearly, had a good time!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I exited on the other side. I Ieft on the last number, as I was dying for a pee & didn't want to wait for another 10+ mins to get out, as I was right in the middle, about 20 from the front.

It did seem pretty loud outside, adjacent to the stage.

PS Heineken was £5.50 & Fosters £5.00 a pint.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I exited on the other side. I Ieft on the last number, as I was dying for a pee & didn't want to wait for another 10+ mins to get out, as I was right in the middle, about 20 from the front.

It did seem pretty loud outside, adjacent to the stage.

PS Heineken was £5.50 & Fosters £5.00 a pint.

Wow, that's more expensive than Glastonbury.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

colthe3rd said:

RedMist said:

Spoke to my friend who is the contact with them. His dad spoke to Phil Rudd last week and seems everything is a go for a new tour. Praying they do Glasto, free tickets would be lovely.
  • Options
    The headliner for Glastonbury 2015 was already booked when this years festival finished...
  • Options
    Great drummer Phil Rudd, makes something very difficult look very easy, whereas Lars Ulrich does the opposite.
  • Options
    Only just fully recovered, a week after getting back. Too old for 5 days in a row now clearly. Considering the best two acts I thought I saw were Skrillex and Dolly I think I'll stay quiet...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPRvV6-LsTI

Just had an urge to go back and found this