Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ebbsfleet v CAFC - Wednesday July 23rd

Comments

• Options

dallas said:

whats the score

4-7
    no sorry my mistake. 0-0
  • Options
    The attendance is announced as 1,416
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m
    56' Change for Charlton as academy graduate @Ollie_Muldoon comes on to replace triallist Andy Robinson. (IL) #CAFCLive
  • Options
    Matt Godden was on loan at Dartford ladt season. Handy little player. Given the updates tonight, I am waiting to see the words 'another', 'clinical' and 'finish' next to the name 'Church'. If it's ever gonna happen, tonight is the night.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

The attendance is announced as 1,416

You sure??
  • Options
    replace "woeful" for "clinical" and I think we'll see it happen
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 2m
    58' George Tucudean takes a whack from Fleet's Matt Johnson, but seems fine to carry on. Still 0-0 here at The PHB Stadium. (IL) #CAFCLive

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 58s
    61' Concern here as Jordan Cousins goes down holding his knee after a challenge. Looks in some pain. Physio Erol Umut is on. (IL) #CAFCLive
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Who is Andy Robinson? Never heard of him

He was a player we had on trial but Bolton gave him an offer and he joined them. He couldn't settle in the North so he is back down south. I have seen him a couple of times and he looks a good player.
    Thank you sir
  • Options
    Cousins is back on after receiving treatment, but still moving a tad gingerly. (IL) #CAFCLive
  • Options
    When is Churchy going to score?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

Disgraceful putting a team out like this and advertising as a first team friendly.

It then means that in the three weeks leading up to Brentford we would have played two games, assuming there are no others squeezed in.

Mystifying.

First teamers are all involved in the BCD friendly for VIPs at SL.
    Pardon my ignorance but what match is this?
  • Options

WSS said:

Disgraceful putting a team out like this and advertising as a first team friendly.

It then means that in the three weeks leading up to Brentford we would have played two games, assuming there are no others squeezed in.

Mystifying.

A game being played on Saturday 26 July at Sparrows Lane, that nobody is supposed to know about
  • Options
    dont you mean when is church coming off
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 56s
    67' Godden hits a free-kick straight into the wall for Ebbsfleet. Still 0-0 here. (IL) #CAFCLive

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 50s
    68' Change for Charlton as Jack Munns is replaced by triallist Anthony Jeffrey, who impressed against Thurrock last week. (IL) #CAFCLive
  • Options
    ross1 said:

WSS said:

Mystifying.

A game being played on Saturday 26 July at Sparrows Lane, that nobody is supposed to know about
    Oh I see. No wonder humble old me had no idea. I guess we had all better keep quiet about it ;-)
  • Options
    Why don't they give Layne a run out if they think he might do a job for us, we all know what Church can do
  • Options
    It seems strange giving Jeffrey a trial and a run out, when he was released by Wycombe, presumed deemed not good enough
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 24s
    Goal! #eufc take the lead from the penalty spot from Matt Hidden. 74 minutes played. #CAFCLive
  • Options
    I'll be surprised if we are not seriously undercooked come the Brentford game.
  • Options

List of Premier League Friendlies this summer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2607810/Premier-League-pre-season-fixtures-results-2014.html

Arsenal.. 4
    Burnley.. 5
    Everton.. 3

Are all in deep trouble this season with their lack of Friendlies!!

Arsenal Burnley and Everton all have a very similar squad to last season...

We're a new team all together. It's not a good pre-season by any stretch of the imagination, you can train and get fitness and tactics on the training ground day to day, but nothing replicates the real match .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is some confusion about why the penalty was given, but we are being told there was a foul on McMahon. #CAFCLive
  • Options

I'll be surprised if we are not seriously undercooked come the Brentford game.

Could be Bob just preventing clubs from sussing our tactics too early... i.e. We'll not know what to expect come Brentford but nor will the opposition
  • Options
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    I won't be expecting us to score
  • Options
    Pile of pony this
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I really feel sorry for Charlton supporters that went tonight expecting to see more of our new players, I think the club should have been more honest as I am sure some supporters would still have gone, but probably not so many (which is what it is all about)

are bp, dm and rest of our 1st team set up watching? did roland make it over for this one;>)
  • Options
    Will Ebsfleet soon be our number one rival? Gillingham won't be happy.
  • Options

I won't be expecting us to score

I wouldn't expect this lot to score. But the first choice 11 I'd be much more confident.
  • Options
    I wouldn't - we might have one or two decent players but will not have time to build them into a team and will be playing catch up. Pre- season looks all wrong to me - given the circumstances.