Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ebbsfleet v CAFC - Wednesday July 23rd

Comments

• Options
    vff said:

ross1 said:

vff said:

Just got in. How did the game go ? What was the score ?

You don't want to know, go to bed wishing we have played brilliantly and won 6-0
    Its OK Ross1, I am a Charlton supporter for many years, I have pretty low expectations, I can handle it. Whats the score ?
    Lost 1-0 penalty, although CAFC twitter did not know any details of what happened
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2014
    ross1 said:

vff said:

ross1 said:

vff said:

Just got in. How did the game go ? What was the score ?

You don't want to know, go to bed wishing we have played brilliantly and won 6-0
    Its OK Ross1, I am a Charlton supporter for many years, I have pretty low expectations, I can handle it. Whats the score ?
    Lost 1-0 penalty, although CAFC twitter did not know any details of what happened
    Didn't Charlton lose 2-0 to Ebbsfleet last season ? So, a 1-0 defeat is an improvement. Charlton are on the way up !

Though, I am taking it the defeat will dampen down the promotion / play off contender talk.
  • Options
    vff said:

My god, no one talking about the score, didn't Charlton lose to Ebbsfleet 2-0 last season or something, it can't be worse than that ?!

But this time we lost with more foreign players and a foreign coach, panic!

No way can they work out how to play the complex and extra special game we play in this country. ;-)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    As a comparison: RZ Pellets WAC 1-1 Chelsea.

I'm sure all Chelsea fans are currently fearing relegation as friendlies are a clear indication of the season coming.
  • Options

But doesn't a new team need more games- it isn't the result that annoys me - I thought we'd lose 1-0 to be honest when the updates started coming in. But does the manager know what he is doing? Seriously, does he?

Oh do me a favour.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Fans schlepped to Ebbsfleet, as they did to Welling. If they weren't able to check out the new blokes very much, then they are hoping to see a win, or at least not to lose, and to see players who were up for it.
    Welling and Ebbsfleet combined probably trousered about £40k, and probably about £30k of that was from Charlton supporters. If Charlton supporters want to express £30K's worth of disappointment they're entitled to do so...or play the matches behind closed doors.
    It's about wins Big Bob, wins.
    The new regime has made the bed, nicely and with hospital corners to boot, and they have to lay on it. What I (we?) want to see is goals, wins and (when the season starts) points now that the season tickets are bought and paid for.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    He wasn't the only player on the pitch. Give it a rest it's getting boring.
    Strange. Where it in that tweet does it say it's aimed at Blackpool ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

vff said:

My god, no one talking about the score, didn't Charlton lose to Ebbsfleet 2-0 last season or something, it can't be worse than that ?!

No way can they work out how to play the complex and extra special game we play in this country. ;-)
    Yes, the game where refs let opponents kick you a bit more than they do abroad - will be a shock to some of these players and they might not even know each other's names when they kick off.
  • Options
    22.07.2014 CF Barnet 1-5 Brentford FC
    17.07.2014 CF Boreham Wood 1-3 Brentford FC

Hmmm. Eek :-)))
  • Options

As a comparison: RZ Pellets WAC 1-1 Chelsea.

Great name! We should play them at the Valley, I would treasure a programme with a team called Pellets WAC on the cover. Deportivo Wanka of south america finally have a rival.
  • Options

He wasn't the only player on the pitch. Give it a rest it's getting boring.

Strange. Where does in that tweet does it say it's aimed at Blackpool ?
    Blackpool didn't name their trialists the other day

Blackpool FC @BlackpoolFC · Jul 19
    TEAM: Trialist, Waddington, Trialist, Perkins, McMahon (C), Dunne, Zenjov, Trialist, Trialist, Grant, Trialist.

Blackpool FC @BlackpoolFC · Jul 19
    SUBS: Barkhuizen, Trialist, Highan, Telford, Moulden, Gregory, Trialist.
  • Options

vff said:

Yes, the game where refs let opponents kick you a bit more than they do abroad - will be a shock to some of these players and they might not even know each other's names when they kick off.

There's being cautious... then there's this. I mean seriously... not knowing each others' names? You're becoming self parody here.
  • Options

vff said:

Im quite sure the players found time to introduce themselves, what does that take 2 minutes?

Im not saying im not a little unsure and we are gonna have a fantastic season but some of the suggestions about BP coaching ability are simply ignorant if not insulting.
  • Options
    Well, even if I am not allowed to state the blindingly obvious, but a new team has to play together and gel - you don't have to be bloody Jose Mourinho to understand that fact!!! Tonight was an opportunity to get a strong team out.
  • Options
    Makes the 8 quid I payed for the Purfleet game a steal. :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2014

vff said:

Who will it be a shock to? Moussa, Bikey, Ben Haim, Gudmundsson and Henderson have all played over here before. Peeters has worked with Vetokele before and he's also the only player we've paid a fee for, I think they're confident he'll do well over here. From what has been said about Buyens he's suited to the Championship, and Tucudean seems to have something about him physically.
  • Options
    Whilst disappointing, this result has no bearing whatsoever on the coming season. How many players who started tonight will be serious first team contenders come August. Three, maybe four.

It would have been nice to see some more first teamers out there. The games against Portsmouth and Peterborough will give us more of an insight I am sure.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok, let's see shall we? The issue is its lose lose for me - I won't be gloating when the optimists start to see the problem - probably 5 games in with 0 or 1 point!
  • Options

Well, even if I am not allowed to state the blindingly obvious, but a new team has to play together and gel - you don't have to be bloody Jose Mourinho to understand that fact!!! Tonight was an opportunity to get a strong team out.

And if you want to blood the youth and check out some trialists, they have to play so you can see what they can do - and Bob was there in person so it wasn't just fobbed off on the assistants. The trip to Spain was specifically and entirely so the team can bond and gel, that was the entire point of it! It's not like Bob sends them all home during the week and says 'see you next Saturday' - there'll be plenty of group training going on.
  • Options
    What a waste of time that was, I was looking forward to seeing george but he was far worse than reza on that performance.
  • Options
    It just seems really odd that we didn't play the first team tonight considering we aren't playing this weekend ( officially ) and we haven't go another friendly for a week. I can't help but think we are going into the Brentford game underprepared .
  • Options

Ok, let's see shall we? The issue is its lose lose for me - I won't be gloating when the optimists start to see the problem - probably 5 games in with 0 or 1 point!

I am done with this debate. Caution is one thing but I can only imagine you are wilfully and deliberately blinding yourself but the worst possible case scenario.
  • Options

It just seems really odd that we didn't play the first team tonight considering we aren't playing this weekend ( officially ) and we haven't go another friendly for a week. I can't help but think we are going into the Brentford game underprepared .

Another two 90 mins against Football League opposition, where BP will no doubt go with his strongest sides in mind is enough. I think a behind doors friendly is just as good as playing a conference north side.
  • Options
    Pissed off that the club touted this as a 1st team fixture, yet it was clearly (in the main) an U21 team. Playing Church as the No9 was a joke. As he did last season in the same fixture, he looked out of his depth. Nego was consistant with his distribution (all shit). Robinson looked a decent player, as did Tuncadean (although I won't be expecting too many goals from him this season)...........................
  • Options
    the OS report on tonight was uneventful as attendees already suggested. are any reporters invited to saturday's behind the doors match, or strictly hush hush?