Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ebbsfleet v CAFC - Wednesday July 23rd

Comments

• Options
    If simon church was a dog, it would have been put down a long time ago.

Someone put the kid out his misery and release him
  • Options
    CAFC twitter says we have brought on Umeras (an under 18 striker) but do not say who went off
  • Options

Pile of pony this

So the place truly has a real Charlton feel about it then!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I feel sorry for those who made it to Ebbsfleet tonight. Another good reason why i don't do friendlies. #firstteamundercooked
  • Options
    I bet BP learnt a lot about tonights game, that is if he even watched it
  • Options
    Scoring is so last season!
  • Options
    Have some of these
  • Options
    Good to see Church doing the business again. What a complete waste of space
  • Options
    Lots of negativity around this place tonight, I never judge a friendly on the season, even if we had first team players out, there are certain players who would not go fully into tackles anyway fearing injury

lets wait till Brentford then all this negativity will stop
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didnt we win all our Pre-Season friendlies (apart from the Welling one) under Dowie?
  • Options
    2 and a bit weeks left until our first competitive game and we are yet to play our strongest team out.
  • Options

Lots of negativity around this place tonight, I never judge a friendly on the season, even if we had first team players out, there are certain players who would not go fully into tackles anyway fearing injury

lets wait till Brentford then all this negativity will stop

I can't see any negativity tbh..
  • Options
    Perhaps it is all a cunning ploy to play pre-season friendlies like we have to fool the bookies into believing we have a crap squad, they keep the odds long to win the title, we all lump on and win a fortune HA HA HA we are going to win some money
  • Options
    Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, it's the one habit we seemed to have kicked!
  • Options
    Only a friendly, development squad yadda yadda, but couldnt really take a single positive out of tonifht other than Solly made it onto the pitch, and there may be something about Tucudean.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, it's the one habit we seemed to have kicked!

Smiler
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ross1 said:

I bet BP learnt a lot about tonights game, that is if he even watched it

The fact I could see him sitting on the bench suggests he was watching.

I wouldn't get too upset. It was proper low key. George showed some nice touches and good to see Solly get 60 odd minutes. Church poor as ever, Gomez decent.

Bit narked I bothered really as the feeling being given off most players was that they'd rather have been anywhere but on that pitch.
  • Options
    I honestly would be interested if any of our supporters who went tonight thought anything positive came out of this game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got in. How did the game go ? What was the score ?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
  • Options

Kermy said:

Good to see Church doing the business again. What a complete waste of space

He wasn't the only player on the pitch. Give it a rest it's getting boring.
    So are his poor efforts on goal. Bore off yourself
  • Options
    But doesn't a new team need more games- it isn't the result that annoys me - I thought we'd lose 1-0 to be honest when the updates started coming in. But does the manager know what he is doing? Seriously, does he?
  • Options
    vff said:

You don't want to know, go to bed wishing we have played brilliantly and won 6-0
  • Options

I wouldn't - we might have one or two decent players but will not have time to build them into a team and will be playing catch up. Pre- season looks all wrong to me - given the circumstances.

In all my years of following Charlton I don't think I've ever seen a pre-season campaign which accurately indicated how the new season would turn out. I remain relaxed.
    Games every week, sometimes two a week, are pretty much a forge, they will make or break a team in a way preseason never will short of replicating those kind of conditions - which would leave you with a first 11 knackered a month or two into the season. It's too early to say which way this will go but Tucudean has scored goals with more experienced players behind him, Vetokele looks promising too... frankly, we've yet to play any team in equal fitness that is a realistic match for the kind of quality we'll see each week in the Championship. The fact Powell forged an even more radical overturn into a properly coherent, unified squad shows it can be done - and Big Bob has a reputation for doing likewise. I am not going to panic based on preseason friendlies that's for sure.
  • Options
    Haven't even heard of half of the players that played. If we were to loan them out I doubt many would go to a team much higher than the conference.
  • Options
    Should of been listed as Charlton XI match, quite unfair on fans to be honest. There is a big difference between the two. There is no way that justified Charlton first team
  • Options
    ross1 said:

vff said:

You don't want to know, go to bed wishing we have played brilliantly and won 6-0
    Its OK Ross1, I am a Charlton supporter for many years, I have pretty low expectations, I can handle it. Whats the score ?
  • Options
    Maybe we shouldn't play any pre- season friendlies - then the players will be super fresh!