Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ebbsfleet v CAFC - Wednesday July 23rd

Comments

• Options
    By now, 99% of the new faces are in, the nucleus is there, the next two games we'll see a much stronger team I have no doubt. To be honest the likes of Ebbsfleet are not going to teach the manager anything he didn't already know about the experienced pros - but are a decent enough marker for youngsters and trialists to prove their worth. I haven't seen Brentford's team either but I am willing to bet they haven't exactly played their strongest 11 each and every time.
  • Options

Pissed off that the club touted this as a 1st team fixture, yet it was clearly (in the main) an U21 team. Playing Church as the No9 was a joke. As he did last season in the same fixture, he looked out of his depth. Nego was consistant with his distribution (all shit). Robinson looked a decent player, as did Tuncadean (although I won't be expecting too many goals from him this season)...........................

It's also unfair on Church that he has to impress in a team, full of stiffs and youngsters. it works both ways.
    i'm getting a little bit fed up of being an apologist for church cos he is shit but he must be banging his head against a brick wall. ( Cue the jokes)
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited July 2014
    Only plus for me was seeing Solly play. George had a few nice touches but didn't look like he was overly bothered, rest of them looked pretty average, not too many of them will get near the first team.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Only plus for me was seeing Solly play. George had a few nice touches but didn't look like he was overly bothered, rest of them looked pretty average, not too many of them will get near the first team.

Which is not entirely a negative. RD and BP both hark on bringing youth through but as Pardew's total mishandling of Wagstaff's first few appearances showed, a youngster can be destroyed by being asked too much too soon (and would lose value, so RD would most certainly care.)
  • Options
    I think the only piss take is that it was advertised as a 1st team friendly.

Although I find charging an entrance fee to any friendly a piss take
  • Options
    Pleased i decided to stay home and watch the lego movie instead.
  • Options
    Also a pisstake was you are allowed to take your Plastic beer cup from the clubhouse round to the stand for their games but their stewards had been told to stop people doing it tonight.

As for Church, people can defend him thats fair enough. But at the end of the day he had one real half chance and he cleared the top of the stand
  • Options
    Makes me realise that although I've spent most of the evening trying to sort out an earthing problem with my cars rear light, it could have been worse.
  • Options
    did you fix it?
  • Options
    No I bloody didn't, got the hump and came in at half nine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Pleased i decided to stay home and watch the lego movie instead.

Shame everything wasn't awesome in this match.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well that was dull.

George looked decent and it was nice to see Dave Archer and Peter Varney again.

We started well enough and created a few chances that we didn't take.

2nd half all the changes meant the game's just drifted away.

Yes, I wanted to see more of the new first teamers but that's the risk you take going to a PSF.

With luck a few more will be on show at SL on Saturday
  • Options

Well that was dull.

George looked decent and it was nice to see Dave Archer and Peter Varney again.

We started well enough and created a few chances that we didn't take.

2nd half all the changes meant the games just drifted away.

Yes, I wanted to see more of the new first teamers but that's the risk you take going to a PSF.

Oh, Henry ... ( no, not that one !)

I thought YOU would remember to forget about You Know What !

• Options

it was nice to see Dave Archer and Peter Varney again.

Confirmed freebie alert

Potential freebie alert

:-)

• Options
    Team sheet was typed up as supplied by Charlton, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Then anyone who didn't spell check Logic Negro amongst the host of other mistakes needs the mother of all bollockings, whether at Charlton or Gravesend
  • Options

it was nice to see Dave Archer and Peter Varney again.

Confirmed freebie alert

Potential freebie alert

:-)

Dave and Peter did get freebie Museum badges it is true.

And that's your chances of a write up from Saturday's Spurs game gone up in smoke. : - )
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Then anyone who didn't spell check Logic Negro amongst the host of other mistakes needs the mother of all bollockings, whether at Charlton or Gravesend

The person from Charlton responsible was helping out gratis and does not work on the football side or in comms. Ebbsfleet are a non-league club, not surprising if their people assume Charlton know the names of their own players?
  • Options
    edited July 2014

I looked at our friendlies and thought we needed more- then I see we are not even using the few we have to build a new spine. I honestly find it incredible. The result doesn't matter - but look at Brentford's team - I haven't seen it but I bet it will be the nucleous. We will be undercooked and with the inexperience of the Championship and new players it could be dangerous. I am so certain Brentford will beat us comfortably - and a bad start is the last thing we will need. I dont know how good or bad Peeters is from seeing his teams, but I do know he needs to start putting out the basis of th eteam. Players like Munns are not going to trouble the first team, and the youngsters in that position should at this stage be playing their own friendlies.

Come on now Muttley, go to bed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Logic Negro" looks like spell check error to me.
  • Options
    Leave off AB, its Gravesend's game and Gravesends teamsheet, if I'm responsible and its got Negro wrote on it, then I'm checking it out, whether that be Premiership, Conf South or Sunday league.

It's amusing in its stupidity, but someone has proper messed up there
  • Options
    Most team sheets are hand written aren't they?

Ebbsfleet wouldn't know half the players involved, could this not just be a case of not being able to read someones writing?
  • Options
    This is the same Ebbsfleet who are claiming having revenues on par with us, so come on, it's there game, they need to sort it
  • Options

Team sheet was typed up as supplied by Charlton, I'm afraid.

Are you

The person from Charlton responsible was helping out gratis and does not work on the football side or in comms. Ebbsfleet are a non-league club, not surprising if their people assume Charlton know the names of their own players?
    Bit dubious that....
  • Options
    The Charlton teamsheet was handwritten and wrong. I agree it's all a bit crass, but they are our players and we are the professional club.

The names are OK in the programme and probably should have been checked against that, but these things are always done under pressure.

Ultimately it's a pre-season friendly at a non-league club. Talk of bollocking people is a bit of an over-reaction to be honest, especially if volunteers are involved.
  • Options

Wonder if this kind of error would have occurred had Peter Varney still been involved at The Valley.
  • Options

Wonder if this kind of error would have occurred had Peter Varney Curbs Powell still been involved at The Valley.