Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ebbsfleet v CAFC - Wednesday July 23rd

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Nego's corner in the second half was the worst I have ever seen-it barely made the area. I wasn't impressed by him on the wing last night and, although I don't want to judge too much as it was only a friendly, I'm not sure I'd want him even second choice right winger.

On a different note, I was really impressed with Ebbsfleet; Brown has them playing some really nice stuff. Also did anyone see the "Steve Brown won't let you down" merchandise in the club shop? If the mugs weren't a ridiculous £8 (!), I would have invested...........
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Our friends son has just signed a full time contract with Ebbsfleet.
    Look out for Leo Mazone, if he gets a run out.
    I would be interested in opinions on him here, they seem to think he's got what it takes.

I dont know if Leo got on, if he did, any reports.
  • Options
    HandG said:

Nego's corner in the second half was the worst I have ever seen-it barely made the area. I wasn't impressed by him on the wing last night and, although I don't want to judge too much as it was only a friendly, I'm not sure I'd want him even second choice right winger.

On a different note, I was really impressed with Ebbsfleet; Brown has them playing some really nice stuff. Also did anyone see the "Steve Brown won't let you down" merchandise in the club shop? If the mugs weren't a ridiculous £8 (!), I would have invested...........

I've got one of those. My missus got it for me.................
  • Options
    Looking on the bright side, I sorted out the car lights tonight.
  • Options
    Few thoughts from yesterday.
    Ansah has been awful but I have only seen him twice in friendlies.
    Church looks like he's getting worse with every game although fans on his back all the time can't help.
    Tucudean looks like he could be very handy but doesn't look a natrual goalscorer.
  • Options
    Is there anyone else who was there that can give us a fair judgement on the players (apart from "they were crap")
  • Options
    I think we should arrange a friendly against the Old Tigers Head FC just to make sure we are not totally fooked
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

I think we should arrange a friendly against the Old Tigers Head FC just to make sure we are not totally fooked

Not sure about that MSE7. Old Tigers Head have quite a tidy firm. The A Block massive will be no match for thier lads.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And the point of that game was what exactly ! Wat a rip off. Supposed to be a full strength squad. Has put me off friendlies for life. With only two games till the start of the season and we play mostly youngsters. Wat a joke !
  • Options
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Is there anyone else who was there that can give us a fair judgement on the players (apart from "they were crap")

no not really. I'll give it a go i guess...

Unless that winger we got or Callum can go down the wing we have no threat on the flanks. cousins was knocking the ball from one side to the other to find no one overlapping on the wing. it was easy for fleet to deal with. Our number 7 (might of been nego) looked like Ramierz when he plays for brazil against Germany. completely headless. his corner in the second half summed up his whole game. dreadful.

At the back we looked reassembly solid. Gomez looked ok and we dealt with their attack though on occasion the full backs were caught out of position to give fleet a chance down the wing.

for most of the game up front we had two guys,
    one who had a chance which as you must be aware of by now cleared northfleet and ended up somewhere near chatham.

the other looked like a slower version of reza.

after the penalty (which from where i was looked the correct decision) we started to threaten. however we were trying forward passes to 'cut' open their defence. Each one completely missed the runner it was meant to be destined for and most could easily have been mistaken for a back pass.

I know all the above sounds pretty damming but this report could easily have been last season against Ebbsfleet.
    Also we were missing many key player, the ones who last season dragged us away from relegation and probably with luck and a couple of cameos from others will do it again this season.

• Options
    Thanks Karim, not happy reading but I wanted to know