Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• edited July 2016

My own horse being tipped up 2020 Epsom Thursday. Only concern is, we don't want rain as both his wins have been Good to Firm, currently Good.
    "Fast Dancer really caught the eye over track and trip last time out and if he turns up in the same form then he surely has a huge chance running of the same mark. He ran into trouble that day but once he found clear running he flew home and was beaten only a small margin. He was in behind Fingal’s Cave that day however is better off at the weights with that rival here which should see the form reversed and that puts him in with a huge chance."
    Fast Dancer – (1pt E/W) 11-2 is available at Coral.

Good luck. At least Tuite is off the cold list and has had several horses run really well recently including yours .
  • The horse is way amiss at the min, kicked off again in the parade ring and was sent to post earlyto try and keep him calm, he broke late and was not interested in the race until it was too late, like a stroppy kid, afterwards it was agreed that he will be gelded on Friday to see if that calms him down and gets him focused on racing again
  • Good luck tomorrow @AddicktedOne hope the ground holds for you and you get the win.
  • On another note anyone with a tracker put Fields of Fortune into it, ran in the 7:05 sandown completely missed the break ran green and when it finally clicked cut through the field from 2/3 furlongs out and 10-15 lengths behind to finish second. Looked very impressive and will take some beating next run
  • On average a horse will lose 10-15kg after a race, following on from Florencio's 2 runs in 2 days he has lost 7 in total !!!!! Which further points to the fact he is playing up, picked up bad habits and not interested in doing what he is supposed to do.
  • Good luck tonight AddicktedOne ,what's with the cheek pieces not being used anymore?
  • Hope you get your fella sorted soon Smiffyboy,good luck.It can be a nightmare at times and very frustrating.
  • smiffyboy said:

On average a horse will lose 10-15kg after a race, following on from Florencio's 2 runs in 2 days he has lost 7 in total !!!!! Which further points to the fact he is playing up, picked up bad habits and not interested in doing what he is supposed to do.

Whats the horse equivalent to teenage years mate as that describes my boy when he was 15
  • edited July 2016

smiffyboy said:

On average a horse will lose 10-15kg after a race, following on from Florencio's 2 runs in 2 days he has lost 7 in total !!!!! Which further points to the fact he is playing up, picked up bad habits and not interested in doing what he is supposed to do.

Whats the horse equivalent to teenage years mate as that describes my boy when he was 15
    I hope you didn't take the same action Smiffy is planning for Friday!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Lol If it was down to me I would put him in a field with a mare and let him blow his load and get it out his system but that could make him worse I suppose
  • If anyone can, watch the ride of Gulland Rock in the 3:15 at Chepstow. Not quite sure how the jockey can get away with that.
  • What happeend VG i had some dough on that but didnt get to watch the race
  • If anyone can, watch the ride of Gulland Rock in the 3:15 at Chepstow. Not quite sure how the jockey can get away with that.

Just watched the finish . 7lb claiming apprentice presumably the son of the trainer didn't use his stick at all not even waving it . Probably not had many rides and he got an easy ride [ no pun intended ] from the commentator who said the horse ran out of steam.

Just watched the finish . 7lb claiming apprentice presumably the son of the trainer didn't use his stick at all not even waving it . Probably not had many rides and he got an easy ride [ no pun intended ] from the commentator who said the horse ran out of steam.
    He's the son of the trainer's brother and the grandson of Willie Carson.

Getting a lot of criticism on the Betfair forum but it was only his 6th ride .

He's the son of the trainer's brother and the grandson of Willie Carson.
    They interviewed Willy before the race and he was certain that Gulland Rock wouldn't win. It should of.
  • A truly shocking ride never once did he look like he wanted to win that race, never whipped or being pushed to give more.
  • Oh my god just seen it. The Cnut needs shooting
  • Sponsored links:

• So another third at Epsom last night with Fast Dancer going down by three quarters a length and a nose. First/second horses carried 7 pounds and 9 pounds less. I said before the race I didnt fear Fingals Cave (meeting for third race in succession) but thought a relatively unexposed 3 YO may undo us, which turned out to be the case.
    In response to Killer Kish neither Egan or trainer felt cheek pieces were necessary anymore (Racing Post made a big point of it yesterday!) despite wearing them when he won twice last season. I noted he was looking to his right in the last 50 yards last night as the second horse came upsides so likely to put them back on next time out.
    He is entered over 7 and 8 Furlongs at Sandown next Wednesday (never run here before) and will also be entered for Chester on the 23 rd over 7 half furlongs which is my preference. We are also considering claiming off him as these Chester handicaps are so tight, with so many similar weighted horses, a few pound off may make the difference?
  • Fast Dancer out again tonight at Sandown over 7. Class 3 but he has his ground for first time this season. Here's hoping. Need a winner!
  • Masterson.....2.10 Bath
  • sralan said:

Masterson.....2.10 Bath

His not half been backed. I did it in a trixie last night and got 11/4 on him, now 6/4
  • Awful run.
  • Good luck AddicktedOne
  • Fast Dancer finished fourth in blanket finish, beaten length by winner. Went off favourite but got boxed in at rear off a very slow pace and when the sprint started he was unable to quicken fast enough although ran on well. Not sure whether he got best of rides but he was told to leave it late beforehand and the pace blew that plan.
  • JT McNamara died this morning aged just 41.