Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Massat was second in the 2000 Guineas but the experts say he wont stay on pedigree.
    Why would they run him if that's the case ?

75k to enter into the Derby as well!
  • Any tips for lingfield?
  • 6.50 Insight
    7.20 Kody Ridge
    8.20 Aflame and Cliffhanger
  • Love a grey so done Algometer each way
  • Was given an ante post tip for Massaat for the St James Palace Stakes at Royal Ascot as he would by pass the Derby as he wouldnt stay!!!
  • Buick doesn't have a Derby ride .. ridiculous .. My all time favourite, though an old man now, does .. Fallon on 'Across The Stars' .. e/w 4 places at 33/1

'Harzand' to win the derby at about 10/1 .. biggest danger is 'Moonlight Magic'

yessssss !!!!!!
  • Was given an ante post tip for Massaat for the St James Palace Stakes at Royal Ascot as he would by pass the Derby as he wouldnt stay!!!

I just can't understand their thinking as the horse obviously doesn't get the trip .
    I suppose a rich man wanted to have a runner . Could backfire big time as some horses don't recover from Epsom .
  • edited June 2016
    Disgusting that Claire Balding, a stalwart of racing circles was blanked by the Aga Khan in attempted post race interview. Consumate professional that she is, "but first we'll talk to the winning trainer". What a horrible man. Robs his impoverished nation of oil revenues to piss it up the wall, and never contributed a jot to any society, apart from perhaps ISIS. Getting on, hope he dies a painful death.
  • Smiffy: is Supreme Vinnie nailed on Kilbeggan 2.00 today? Looks like it.
  • meldrew66 said:

Smiffy: is Supreme Vinnie nailed on Kilbeggan 2.00 today? Looks like it.

Should romp it, seeing as the others in the race start at 2:45.
  • Sponsored links:

• Disgusting that Claire Balding, a stalwart of racing circles was blanked by the Aga Khan in attempted post race interview. Consumate professional that she is, "but first we'll talk to the winning trainer". What a horrible man. Robs his impoverished nation of oil revenues to piss it up the wall, and never contributed a jot to any society, apart from perhaps ISIS. Getting on, hope he dies a painful death.

I guess you didn't back Harzand .. for a start, the AG does not 'rule' over any nation, he is more a pope like figure to a branch of the Islamic faith .. the present AG was born in Geneva and his wealth derives from donations and grants from his followers .. secondly, I agree that Balding is a consummate professional, however this does not give her the right to insist on anyone leaving what they are doing to chat to her whenever it suits her fancy .. Balding might think she's the Queen, thing is, she aint .. and as for wishing the AG a painful death ... better luck backing the winner in next year's Derby
  • Disgusting that Claire Balding, a stalwart of racing circles was blanked by the Aga Khan in attempted post race interview. Consumate professional that she is, "but first we'll talk to the winning trainer". What a horrible man. Robs his impoverished nation of oil revenues to piss it up the wall, and never contributed a jot to any society, apart from perhaps ISIS. Getting on, hope he dies a painful death.

I guess you didn't back Harzand .. for a start, the AG does not 'rule' over any nation, he is more a pope like figure to a branch of the Islamic faith .. the present AG was born in Geneva and his wealth derives from donations and grants from his followers .. secondly, I agree that Balding is a consummate professional, however this does not give her the right to insist on anyone leaving what they are doing to chat to her whenever it suits her fancy .. Balding might think she's the Queen, thing is, she aint .. and as for wishing the AG a painful death ... better luck backing the winner in next year's Derby
    Im not sure Clare Balding thinks she's the queen, she's just doing her job. Neither do I think she insists on people having a chat to her, she's requesting an interview for the purpose of the viewer.

Im not sure Clare Balding thinks she's the queen, she's just doing her job. Neither do I think she insists on people having a chat to her, she's requesting an interview for the purpose of the viewer.
    she requested an interview which the potential interviewee did not want to give at that particular time .. to wish the AG a 'painful death' over the incident is just ridiculous .. and remember the famous Balding interview with Liam Treadwell after he won the GN, the 'interview' when she took the piss about his bad teeth .. she is not a very nice person, a great pro, but I have met her, she makes Margaret Thatcher look like a shrinking violet and t b fair, she does have more in common with Hyacinth Bucket than the venerable Queen Liz .. thing is we all have our likes and dislikes .. you might 'like' Balding, I don't
  • One to avoid, 3.15 at Brighton, number 2 Nigel.
  • iaitch said:

One to avoid, 3.15 at Brighton, number 2 Nigel.

the BBC (Radio 4) tipped this up this morning ((:>) ..
  • iaitch said:

One to avoid, 3.15 at Brighton, number 2 Nigel.

the BBC (Radio 4) tipped this up this morning ((:>) ..
    won at 9/4 .. ((:>)
  • My horse Dragoon Guard is running tomorrow at Fontwell 5.30.
    Its his first race since his wind operation so not sure how he will run
  • Money for it Killer...... any of it yours?

3,45 Sal. Justice Lady.
  • Yes sralan,here and all reports are good on the horse
  • What a beautiful looking filly FAIR EVA is.
    Frankel's offspring currently operating at a S/R of 75%
  • Sponsored links:

• Big_Bob said:

What a beautiful looking filly FAIR EVA is.

I watched that race. Once it got going it looked absolute class.
  • Another winner for Frankel tonight......... 7.45 Haydock.
  • Big_Bob said:

What a beautiful looking filly FAIR EVA is.

Frankuus makes it 4/5
  • Cracking price of 4/1 as well
  • Apparently CUNCO (the first of Frankel's winners) is 'burning up the gallops and jockey was unable to pull him up'... sound familiar?!?

5/1 for the Chesham next week
  • 7.50 Goodwood.....Second Serve. Money for M. Johnston's horses, especially at Goodwood shouldn't be ignored.
  • My horse Fast Dancer is back at Chester on Saturday in the lucky last over 6F. He likes it here and has good draw from 3. Difficulty in choosing a jockey given the 7 flat meetings, but fingers x for a good one. Yard needs a winner too.
  • Good luck AddicktedOne are you at Chester today? The draw,ground and course form must give him a good each way chance plus I'd say a good jockey booking considering the flat racing today.
  • Any tips for Ascot today?
  • 3.05 Psychedelic Funk e/w.