Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• 30 miles to go sun is shinning can't wait for a great days racing
  • enjoy you lucky git
  • Cheers mate
  • edited May 2016
    Please leave the bookies with some money for me tomorrow!!

Enjoy your day, Marc - Chester is a funny old track but for a big meeting on a sunny day there are few better.
  • keep it in your pants
  • Best news ever Dwyer is injured James Doyle will now ride and WIN
  • stick Hitchcott on better than Dwyer
  • That was disappointing Doyle reported the ground was still soft and the draw just made it worse.

Win your money back with this,

6:00 Ascot Jule in the crown 11/4 reported to be very good.
  • Any of you clever chaps got any tips for Ascot this evening?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2016
    Smiffy's given you one in the 6.00.
  • sralan said:

Smiffy's given you one in the 6.00.

Yeah I've got that! If anyone can help with the other five races I'd be much obliged.
  • I like the look of Ice Lord 7.05
  • Whatever happens, lets just hope 'Nigel' doesn't win the 5:30.
  • edited May 2016
    Cartmell Cleave in the 7:05
  • Jule in the crown drifting from 15/8 to 7/2!
  • edited May 2016
  • What happened to tonights meeting at Windsor?
    Only 3 results showing and can't find anything on why.
  • Heavy rain made the course to unsafe
  • Just seen abandoned due to heavy rain.
  • Sponsored links:

• The winner of the last run race Grapevine slipped badly on the bend at about the 5f pole and did will to stay on his feet let alone win.

If you have an iPhone down load the At the Races app and go to results, you can watch back the races if it was shown on ATR.
  • Interesting piece I received today regarding Windforpower in the 3:00 Beverly
  • I was at Windsor last night for the Tuite runner in the fourth. I think the issue was that the track had put down 13 mm of water 24 hours earlier and only 3 mm had fallen on the night when it became slippy on the bend after the finishing line. The clerk of the course is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
    Thats NOT what the trainer said mind!!!
  • I think I an guess what the trainer said AddicktedOne
  • Following on from Florencio's poor run at Chester, I know the draw never helped but he still never run to what he is capable of, James Doyle reported to Muir that he felt flo was making a gurgling noise when he pressed him for more and to pick up. The vet visited the yard this morning and reported that he was suffering from a soft palate problem that was partially blocking his airway. £1200 + vat later he carried out tie forward procedure and reported that the problem is now sorted permanently. This is really good news and explains why he has not been at he's best the last 2 runs when we were blaming conditions draws etc thank god Doyle rode him and picked up on it.

The handicapper also revised his mark to 82, along with the op this means Flo is now in a great winning position next time out. He will be on the walker for the next 3 weeks before being able to race again.
  • Very much the same story as my horse Dragoon Guard Smithyboy and he had his first gallop Saturday,he came up the gallops well flashing his tail about and just happy to be out and about again after the operation.
  • Glad he's come out of it well killer and can hopefully get back in that winners enclousure for you again.
  • Cheers Smiffy,hoping to run early June.
  • Hardy Black 8:00 Condulk is a plot horse 7/2 and price will shorten
  • ^^ tomorrow