Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• edited April 2016
    smiffyboy said:

Florencio will run tomorrow in the 5:40 at Newmarket, 6f Rossdales class 2 handicap, 12 runners, hoping for no more rain to give him a good chance. A couple of the horses have had one run with winning debuts but all coming in class5, will the big step up be too much for them and although the handicapper hit Flo with a 6lb rise after his wolves win he wasn't fully fit he was never whipped and jockey reporting he still had more horse under him. Hopefully he gives another big run and gets the hat trick!!!!!!

My bosses old man has just has a tip on him!
  • Opened up at 12/1 sky bet
  • smiffyboy said:

Cheers lads days booked off work to enjoy the day out.

Enjoy the day and hopefully the win!
    Fingers crossed and good luck at kempton tonight
  • smiffyboy said:

Opened up at 12/1 sky bet

Oddschecker fancies it Prediction: 1st Florencio, 2nd Yattwee, 3rd Monteverdi
    Good luck.
  • edited April 2016
    The whistles been cleaned, hairs been cut and the 10 minute holiday went down a treat, bring on the Hat trick hopefully !!!!!!!
  • You certainly couldn't wish for your trainer to be in better form Smiffy.
    Muir has 6 wins & 3 placed from his last 10 runners. By any standards that is amazing.
  • What does Muir think mate
  • Good luck Smiffyboy. On Racing post app is there tip to win the race. Enjoy
  • Good luck tomorrow Smiffy,ive just got back from Cheltenham and seen your boy is running
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers lads thank you, more overnight rain is a concern, the rails are being moved overnight to give fresh racing ground a decision will be made at 8:30 so fingers crossed he runs, we have nothing to lose, heard the fav Yattwee will probably be pulled.
  • Had a little squeeze on it at 10/1 ew good luck @smiffyboy
  • smiffyboy said:

Thanks everyone a big day out it is. No overnight rain going currently good to soft, good would of been perfect but we are gonna chance it and maybe complete the hat trick !!!!

Didn't he win 6 lengths at Brighton on Gd/Sft !?

• Yes he did but the field wasn't very strong, I do rate his chances when he broke the track record at Chelmsford it was heavy rain and although it was the aw the conditions were sticky.
  • smiffyboy said:

Thanks everyone a big day out it is. No overnight rain going currently good to soft, good would of been perfect but we are gonna chance it and maybe complete the hat trick !!!!

Didn't he win 6 lengths at Brighton on Gd/Sft !?

Timeform (more reliable than the official going) actually had it as soft. The second has been runner up again since whilst the third has won twice since at Southwell.

Having said that, its best form is on fast going.
  • All interesting stuff.
    I do think he looks a decent e/w bet, particularly as most of the field lack a recent outing.
    But then again I am a terrible judge!
  • Good luck smiffy with your boy today and enjoy the good times. My two horses have run in the past 4 days...... Last and er Last. Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
  • good luck smithy I fancy it but I'm not going to put any money on it and Kimberly it for ya. I might tip it in the sporting life King of tipsters game. Does any other livers play this game I've just started following mattcafc in it

• Cheer him home, Marc - very best of luck.
  • Sponsored links:

• smiffyboy said:

Cheers lads thank you, more overnight rain is a concern, the rails are being moved overnight to give fresh racing ground a decision will be made at 8:30 so fingers crossed he runs, we have nothing to lose, heard the fav Yattwee will probably be pulled.

Spot on. Yattwee a non-runner.

• I have arrived, a very beautiful course.
  • Love newmarket the whole place is superb, the drive towards the town is beautiful with all the stud farms lining the road.
  • The grandstands just been struck by lightning took the TVs and pa out
  • Looking good in the parade ring
  • Can't remember the last time I had a bet on the flat, let alone over 6f, but I'm on smiffy.
    GO FLO!!!!!
  • Sorry lads the ground had gone and it was just too soft for him.

Chester beckons next month @bobmunro
  • Fucking rain!!!!
  • Dwyer at least saved it for another day. And the form book will dictate a decent price next time.