Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Bad luck smiffy - it's all experience for him. Better luck at Chester.
  • smiffyboy said:

Sorry lads the ground had gone and it was just too soft for him.

Chester beckons next month @bobmunro

I'm there on Friday the 6th - would be great if he's running that day.
  • Rain killed it, Thursday the 5th Bob, ladies day.
  • Tomorrows Newbury meeting subject to 7 am inspection
  • smiffyboy said:

Rain killed it, Thursday the 5th Bob, ladies day.

I'll see if I can get there.
  • smiffyboy said:

Sorry lads the ground had gone and it was just too soft for him.

Chester beckons next month @bobmunro

Terrible ride from the jockey, he would have been there or there abouts!
  • Clearly not happy on the ground, but didn't look like he acted on the track either.
    I'm sure he'll come good again when conditions are more in his favour.
  • Rain no help at all Smiffy onto Chester now
  • Ayr 3.10 Roycano
  • My horse Dragoon Guard is running tomorrow in its first handicap race,Wincanton 1.55. He was entered for this race and the 2m 5f race as the jockey said last time he needs 2m 4f plus as it all happened to quickly for him over 2 miles.The trainer feels this race is more winnable than the other plus he has the best jockey on board in this race.
  • Sponsored links:

• Another bad day at the races and the horse needs a breathing op now!
  • I've not posted since for obvious reasons and staying away, The thing is he should of been removed from the race the ground had gone and it was obvious (I would of saved a few quid) and we could of gone for the Hatrick at a later date but we was all there n chose to run (sorry for your loses) to try him on unknown ground n it failed, if u don't try u don't know. He will run at the Chester festival on Thursday 5th may ladies day n with good ground I'm hopeful, be lucky in the meantime n spank the bookies.
  • Just been in the bookies and a bloke came in and put £5000 on the nose on Ifan 5.15 at Brighton
    Never seen him before so don't know if it will win but have taken a chance and gone big at £5 ew
  • He will be a happy chappy. Won well
  • Pontefract 3.45 Deodoro
  • Punchestown 3.40 Sir Scorpion
  • My horse The Geegeez Geegee is entered up for his first race over fences this Saturday at Uttoxeter (4.10),he has been schooling well over fences jumping neat and tidy and really don't know what to expect Saturday.Also don't know what the opposition will be yet before final decs are made.Peanuts you can start your Grand National profile on him now..........................
    Really hoping for a good run Saturday as not such great news on my other two horses,Dragoon has a wind problem so the 2 mile may not of been to short for him as he may of just been struggling to feel his lungs so he is having a wind op and out for two months and my other horse who has yet to race won't see a racecourse now before October due to hopefully a few niggling problems that three months rest will cure?
  • Florencio has been entered today for the 6f race on Thursday (ladies day) at Chester the going is currently good, (perfect) he will be running as long as it stays the same, the handicapper has dropped him a 1lb for the Newmarket run but the ground was against and he drops in class to a class 3, I'm confident with a low draw which is key and good ground we will have a first class chance of coming away with a position and confident of it being a good place.

@bobmunro you sure you can't make Thursday?????
  • Good luck Smiffyboy at Chester and it's all about the draw at that place,hope your lucky with a low draw.
    Nothing further to report on The Geegeez today other than we hope he puts in a clear round and really don't know what to expect,my personal opinion is that it's a good race and he doesn't have much of a chance but who knows he make excel over fences and bring improvement out of him
  • 17.15 at Doncaster, does Roland own number 3, Mywayistheonlyway?
  • Sponsored links:

• 4:15 Newmarket

Global Applause is reported to be an absolute rocket
  • Cheers smiffy......
  • Boooooooom

5:20 Curragh Monday

Rose De Pierre

Meant to be something a bit special
  • iaitch said:

17.15 at Doncaster, does Roland own number 3, Mywayistheonlyway?

Obviously not - it won. Roland only does failure.
  • smiffyboy said:

Boooooooom

Rose De Pierre

Boooooooom
  • Guys I've got a runner at lingfield on Friday ( hopefully, slightly depends on whether he gets balloted out or maiden splits) , anyway , he is called sexton Blake , not hugely hopeful , only second run and first since a wind op , a watching brief
  • Good luck alburyaddick and will look out for it.Hopefully the wind op will have helped
  • smiffyboy said:

Boooooooom

Rose De Pierre

Keep 'em coming smiffy!

• Cheers Killer your right low is key the higher the draw the tougher it becomes, Florencio will be declared today as the ground is currently good to soft after some small showers over the weekend but the next 3 days is sunshine and no rain he will get the good ground he deserves.

Good luck Friday @alburyaddick
  • Been drawn 11 out of 14 that's crap