Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Will it still run with that draw Smiffy?
  • I can't say either way at the minute something that is being discussed.
  • smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

Boooooooom

5:20 Curragh Monday

Rose De Pierre

Meant to be something a bit special

Boooooooom
    I bet that 50's chance gave you a bit of a fright Smiffy.
    It was hard to separate them in real time .
  • smiffyboy said:

Been drawn 11 out of 14 that's crap

Bad luck, Marc - tough from out that wide in a sprint.
  • smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

Boooooooom

5:20 Curragh Monday

Rose De Pierre

Meant to be something a bit special

Boooooooom
    I bet that 50's chance gave you a bit of a fright Smiffy.
    It was hard to separate them in real time .
    I thought it had been chinned at first and was shocked that it held on.
  • bobmunro said:

smiffyboy said:

Tell me about it Bob needs a quick break and to get tucked in near the front
  • smiffyboy said:

bobmunro said:

smiffyboy said:

Tell me about it Bob needs a quick break and to get tucked in near the front
    I've seen it done at Chester from a high draw, but he will need to fly out the stalls. The 6f start is straight into a bend (I know you know that) but there is a bit of room down the back.
  • It's not impossible but it makes it a lot harder, you have to wonder when the likes of Johnstone and Hannon get the best draws how credible the draw really is.

The Chester festival are so fearful of horses pulling out due to the bad draw that they pay each entrant £500 who races.

The camp are split about whether to withdraw, we are going to see if any others drop out in the morning before Muir makes the final decision.
  • Really like the following horses at Chester today:

2:10 Fiery Character
    2:40 Somehow

Win double pays about 5/2

3:10 Duke of Clarence 33/1 ew

3:45 Kimberella
  • 3.00 N.A. ....... Late Night Lily
  • Sponsored links:

• Florencio will run shit draw hopefully get out lively n across and see what happens, optimistic.
  • Best of luck Smiffy.
  • Kimberellaaaaaaaaaaaa get in !!!!!!
  • Good luck Smiffy
  • Cheers Sralan and killer
  • First off Good Luck for tomorrow Smiffy. I will be there at some point as our yard has runner in the 1620, Madam Dancealot so will watch with interest. Staying over for 2 nights. Our horse Fast Dancer runs on Friday over 7.
    Like Smiffy the draw was and is a concern 8 of 14.
    But he likes it here, his three runs are 1-2-2 and got runner up when drawn 7. As usual will run prominently and hope for the breaks off final bend.
  • Cheers AddicktedOne
  • as always had a little squeeze
    ew @ 18/1 @smiffyboy best of luck
  • Thanks palarsehater, ground is now officially good, if only we had a better draw
  • Three non runners Smiffy including two drawn outside you!
  • Sponsored links:

• Not seen that but typical on the outside
  • Worth noting that the horse that finished one place ahead of Florencio at Newmarket, Suqoor, bolted up on the polytrack at Lingfield last week.
  • Florencio attracting some serious money 22 into 12's
  • Good luck today mate
  • Good luck fellas, enjoy it.
    Just think back a year, having a horse entered at Chester races is amazing, regardless of result.

Enjoy it
  • Thanks lads

Only one drawn outside - missing runners were drawn 4, 9 & 13 so Florenicio is, effectively, now in stall 9 of 11. Both Koukash withdrawn runners are in the Chester 3.45 tomorrow and Outback Blue is in the Ascot 8.10.

Dwyer will just have to tuck in and hope that it is a fast run race and that the gaps do appear.

Good luck Smiffy.
  • Horses withdrawn were in 9, 12 and 13

Horses withdrawn were in 9, 12 and 13

Apologies AddictedOne I am indeed talking bXXXXXks. So used am I, from my former life as the person in charge of the team in applying reduction factors for N/Rs on Betfair, that I marked the dread "black spot" that signify doubly engaged horses as the N/Rs, when in fact Outback Blue is not a N/R.

Such is David Evans' modus operandi I would not mind betting that the horse takes its chance at Ascot tomorrow too - and runs a big race even if he doesn't today.