Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Viconte De Noyer desperately unlucky there Smiffy
  • missed the race what happened starin
  • bobmunro said:

C4 have revealed that, of the 27,000 individual runs by horses in Irish Racing during 2015, only 27 running-and-riding enquiries were called. So one in a thousand.

It gets better though. Of those 27, all but one were overturned resulting in just one ban from 27,000 rides.

Just goes to show how bent, by comparison, racing over here is ;-)

Or, of course, how lax the Irish Stewards are!!
    They ALL have to eat. The last time they tried to do anything against the big gun owners was when they threatened Gigginstown for multiple entries and N/Rs. That didn't work and they would get the same result if they tried taking action against McManus, Ricci, Coolmore etc etc. They are the ones that rule Irish racing.

It's also the reason that our handicappers lump half a stone on their horses when they come over. Sadly that's not usually enough to stop them from nicking our prize money.
  • I need Kayf Grace win for 2k off of 88p!!!
  • Had last four winners
  • H e was on the inside of the winner on the run in and he got cut off and had to be snatched up. RUK presenters were surprised there wasnt a stewards. They announced an enquiry but it was not made official
  • Good luck
  • CAFCsayer said:

I need Kayf Grace win for 2k off of 88p!!!

Brilliant stuff. Well done.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Well done mate .
  • Well done mate
  • Sponsored links:

• H e was on the inside of the winner on the run in and he got cut off and had to be snatched up. RUK presenters were surprised there wasnt a stewards. They announced an enquiry but it was not made official

Bollocks cheers mate
  • Fantastic CAFCsayer. Well done.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Brilliant - well done.

(hope it wasn't bet365!!).
  • bobmunro said:

CAFCsayer said:

Brilliant - well done.

Doubt it will affect your bonus Bob. Cheltenham & Aintree has/will probably have done that especially if we get a housewives favourite winning the GN. Or one of Peanuts' picks!
  • edited April 2016
    Not quite 2k but still a tidy return on kayf grace for me, puts me in profit for the day, well done @CAFCsayer
  • bobmunro said:

CAFCsayer said:

Brilliant - well done.

Doubt it will affect your bonus Bob. Cheltenham & Aintree has/will probably have done that especially if we get a housewives favourite winning the GN. Or one of Peanuts' picks!
    Thankfully my bonus is safe - it's been a very good year for football.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Well done Sir
  • CAFCsayer said:

Jesus, cant believe that... Heart in mouth at the end!

Quality , well done mate
  • Sponsored links:

• gone for;

1.30 blazer
    2.15 limini
    2.50 otago trail
    3.30 vatour
    4.05 bennys mist
    4.40 gangster
    5.15 ballyandy
    bobmunro said:

Top Novices at Aintree - I hear Altior is not running - Limini as big as 2/1 but won't be on Friday. Still ante-post so no rule 4.

9/4 now Bob from 11/8. Four possible reasons for this:

1) Overreaction to the support for Buveur d'Air and the drift on Limini is a false one as will be seen by the price contracting just before the off - in which case get on now!

2) The horse has lost a leg - in which case we've all done our money

3) It's a N/R - in which case it really doesn't matter

4) We've all been put away and another Irish horse is going to win the race - in which case have an interest in Mullins' Bleu Et Rouge
  • Done 3 accy's today across Aintree and Leicester-:
    Accy 1
    Ball D'Arc
    Un temps Pour Tout
    Baoulet Delaroque
    Norse Magic
    Bakht A Rawan
    Dilgura
    Returns £7,390

Accy 2
    Agrapart
    Ballyalton
    Al Ferof
    Ballydine
    Stoneboat Bill
    Mister Music
    Returns £41,363

Accy 3
    Sweet Dragon Fly
    Illustrious Prince
    Cincuenta Pasos
    Gwafa
    Henry Pari Morgan
    Ballyoptic
    Returns £87,885

Now number 3 would be nice, but any would be good. All done @ 0.25p e/w.
  • 1:40 Ma du Fou
    2:15 Agrapart
    4:05 Dromnea
    5:15 Pride Of Lecale

bobmunro said:

Top Novices at Aintree - I hear Altior is not running - Limini as big as 2/1 but won't be on Friday. Still ante-post so no rule 4.

1) Overreaction to the support for Buveur d'Air and the drift on Limini is a false one as will be seen by the price contracting just before the off - in which case get on now!

4) We've all been put away and another Irish horse is going to win the race - in which case have an interest in Mullins' Bleu Et Rouge
    I'm on at 5/2 and hope it's your option 1 ;-)
  • get in exciting times mate
  • He has come out of last weeks race in great shape and showing no effects and is bouncing around the stable, he will do a peice of work Monday with a desecion made after.
  • ho hum - no excuses.

bobmunro said:

Looks like it was 4) but the 3rd string they were actually trying with.