Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Cheers Bob, good luck killer.
  • Bit disappointing Killer both ran poorly.
  • Very disappointing day Steve.Trainer happy with Dragoon as he is still learning but I expected to see a bit more and then Geegeez was a massive disappointment and the jockey said he struggled from the off and gave him nothing but negative feelings?We will just see how Geegeez is in the morning to see if that gives us an answer?!
  • Always worth s scope killer just to check there's no underlying problem, I know they cost but the results could be worth a lot more.
  • What's the plan with Dragoon seems to travel nicely but fades very quickly.
  • We are hoping Dragoon gets a handicap mark today and see what we can do from there.Jockey said today he is a brilliant jumper and ground may of been to tacky today but does think he needs all of 2m 4f or more?
  • edited April 2016
    Heard Wesley wards horse in the 4:30 at Doncaster is a monster and strange he would fly him over for his debut if he thinks it would not win
  • Also the 1st at kempton
  • Ward likes his first time out blinkers doesn't he.
  • Was given three horses yesterday for today's racing
    Doncaster 2.15 Azaraff
    Uttoxeter 2.05 Aston Cantlow
    Newbury 2.35 Fingal Bay
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2016
    2:40 Curragh, Waitaki has really filled out over the winter and will take a lot of beating, ground is fine.

5:35 Curragh, Aasheq, one of welds best horses this year, will run in Group 1 races and is impressive, ground is the only slight concern tomorrow
  • Top Novices at Aintree - I hear Altior is not running - Limini as big as 2/1 but won't be on Friday. Still ante-post so no rule 4.
  • bobmunro said:

Top Novices at Aintree - I hear Altior is not running - Limini as big as 2/1 but won't be on Friday. Still ante-post so no rule 4.

We sure Limini isn't going Punchestown bob?
  • P.S Altior, who so mate?
  • Big_Bob said:

P.S Altior, who so mate?

That would be telling - Limini now best 7/4 Laddies - Altior 8/11 to Evens - all in last 15 mins.

Limini 98% sure to run at Aintree.
  • bobmunro said:

Big_Bob said:

P.S Altior, who so mate?

That would be telling - Limini now best 7/4 Laddies - Altior 8/11 to Evens - all in last 15 mins.

We are talking about Mullins & Ricci though. That 2% looks massive to me ;-)
  • bobmunro said:

Big_Bob said:

P.S Altior, who so mate?

We are talking about Mullins & Ricci though. That 2% looks massive to me ;-)
    True - but my source is bullet-proof!! (up until now)
  • Thanks Bob
  • Had this forwarded on to me today at 3 backing up all what Bob has said
  • Notice Katriens horse is running tomorrowimage
  • Sponsored links:

• Notice Katriens horse is running tomorrowimage

Bound to win by a nose.
  • Gets out the stalls well can't keep the pace up and runs on well at the end.
  • Excellent news. Jim Best has been banned for four years for cheating. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke who, as described by the BHA, is "a dishonest individual who corrupted a young man to ensure horses were not run on their merits". Even the National Trainers Federation insurers refused to provide financial assistance to Best such was the evidence against Best.

Congratulations to apprentice Paul John for spilling the beans particularly as he will find it very difficult to come back from this. One thing's for certain though. AP, when he was riding those 52 winners from 138 rides for Best would not have been given the same instructions by this scumbag. It is a shame, to me, that McCoy's career is slightly tainted for the connection. By comparison, Mattie Batchelor rode 71 times for Best and did not have a single winner. As they say "when the money's down......"

Let's hope that this serves as a warning to other trainers who use apprentices to do their dirty work.
  • The fella is as bent as they come and it's a common known fact, I can't believe it has took them so long to finally nail him, the fact Curly had horses with him spoke volumes. They've banned him for 4 years but should of been a lifetime ban, although I can't see they will ever give him a licence again he will probably rope someone else in to front a stables for him while pulling the strings from a far like Burke did.
  • This is what shocks me that he didn't get a lifetime ban and as Smiffy says he will get a back door way back in just like Burke,a complete joke!
  • Anyone else notice he has a runner declared on thursday called WillShebeTrying 2.05 Taunton.
  • edited April 2016
    oldbloke said:

Anyone else notice he has a runner declared on thursday called WillShebeTrying 2.05 Taunton.

I reckon it will probably win (not looked at forms) and has been placed in the race for this so Best can stick two fingers up at the BHA.
  • smiffyboy said:

oldbloke said:

Anyone else notice he has a runner declared on thursday called WillShebeTrying 2.05 Taunton.

I reckon it will probably win (not looked at forms) and has been placed in the race for this so Best can stick two fingers up at the BHA.
    The only consolation is that, if it does run, it won't be in his name. I'd expect someone like Evan Williams to pick it up ;-)
  • Ruby Walsh's comments on Paddy Power blog about SILVINIACO CONTI'S chances in the GN:

"I know Paul Nicholls’ runner well having ridden him from 2011 to 2013 ......He’s a class act, jumps well, but the one question mark to me concerns his stamina."
  • Leopardstown tomorrow.