Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• My horse Dragoon Guard runs atcTaunton 2.20 tomorrow.Really dont know what to expect tomorrow as last weeks debut over hurdles was pleasing,if he had jumped a few slicker he could of been in contention
  • Good luck today killer hopefully he can make the frame with a little improvement.
  • Thanks Smithy,we are hoping so but not sure how he is going to run.On my way to Taunton now
  • He should improve for the debut run, Be lucky mate.
  • 14/1 currently had a little ew on it as you never know.
  • Cheers Smithy and yes palarsehater I think he is worth a little each way bet as we just don't know how he will run today
  • Have also done it e/w, good luck.
  • Coleman likes the horse and said he needs 2 and a 1/2 mile plus on better going
  • Flat season starts tomorrow at the Currugh,
  • edited March 2016
    More nonsensical bo££ocks from racing officials..............no wonder swampy thinks it's all about betting

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=15516124&category=0

• Sponsored links:

• More nonsensical bo££ocks from racing officials..............no wonder swampy thinks it's all about betting

Surely they will appeal . The horse hadn't run since 2014 .
  • More nonsensical bo££ocks from racing officials..............no wonder swampy thinks it's all about betting

Surely they will appeal . The horse hadn't run since 2014 .
    There really is zero brain engagement by stewards at times.
    He was 1/2 Fav. Nobody would have backed him each way and he wasn't going to finish in the front 2 in a 7 runner race so absolutely no impact on punters. Just an owner/rider putting the welfare of his Champion racehorse first. Good for him.
  • If he can convince them he was pulling up then maybe an appeal could be successful. The rule is clearly there to protect the integrity of racing, but it doesn't cover circumstances such as this scenario. So I agree with Peanuts - it's a load of $%$^**

Riding to Achieve the Best Possible Placing - Rule (D)45

For the avoidance of doubt the general requirement that a Rider must ride his horse throughout the race in such a way that he can be seen to have made a genuine attempt to obtain from his horse timely, real and substantial efforts to achieve the best possible placing, applies in all cases. This includes cases of gurgling or other breathing difficulties. It is not considered contrary to the welfare of the horse with symptoms of breathing difficulty to be ridden in accordance with the general requirement unless or until such time as the horse is shown to be unable to continue racing in which case it should be pulled up. Riding such horses tenderly as the race develops in the belief that this will give the horse a better chance of achieving its best possible placing is not acceptable.
  • Get in !!!!!! it's like buses wait for ages and then two come along together
  • good luck mate
  • All weather championship's at lingfield tomorrow.Anyone going?
  • Yep I will be there got one of the boxes
  • edited March 2016

good luck mate

Cheers mate due to work being chaos I can't get there which is a shame
  • Good luck with your horse Smiffy shame you can't get there to see it run
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers killer, gutting but we've got massive work going on over Easter which I'm not in for so have to sort boat loads out to make it happen
  • Young apprentice doing well today so far smiffy, 25/1 7/1 winners so far. Your Price will tumble.
  • Hahaha I should be so lucky shit run no excuses for today, the horse isn't good enough over jumps, I will push for her to become an aw horse
  • Is it really give up time over the jumps with it smiffy?He had a few iffy jumps but did have a good jockey on him today
  • It's just not clicking with her killer, go back to her win on the all weather and she oozed class the form has since been franked over fences by the second but nothing has materialised from her apart from a string of lasts. The others are against my idea.
  • Couldnt you do both and see if the penny drops with her jumping wise? The same has been suggested with Dragoon Guard as regards having him as a dual purpose horse
  • I got more of the impression that she got outpaced at the end of the race in what was a slowly run affair.

She was extremely consistent in bumpers so for that reason I would try her over slightly further, again on decent ground. The good news is that she will probably be dropped a few pounds now.
  • Noonan reported yesterday that she wasn't fluent over the hurdles and was holding back, not attacking them like the others and so was losing ground after each one, turning for home she just couldn't keep with the others because of it, hopefully she will be dropped a few pounds. We are gonna have a chat in the week and decide where we go with her in the future.

Florencio is flying in training and has grown so much over the winter and will possibly make his season debut in a class 3 at Doncaster on the 22nd.
  • Looking to carry the Cheltenham form on to Lingfield!

Bint Dandy e/w - 1.40
    Grendisar - 3.45
    Moonrise Landing - 2.40
    Sovereign Debt - 3.15

Handsome Dan E/W @ 150s for the name
  • Boom, 33/1 ew in second, should really have won... Proper purple patch ATM