Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• smiffyboy said:

Walsh fucks another certain winner up at the last fence, I think the horses are bang on but Ruby isn't up to it and gets away with it and made to look good by the fact he rides for the best jumps trainer on the best horses.

Hate him with a serious passion. Won't ever back another one of his rides no matter how much I fancy it.
  • annie power being raced on wednesday, so thats 3 anti post accas gone as she will probably now go for the world hurdle and not the mares hurdle which ive backed her in
  • Catterick 4.10 Jac The Legend
  • All weather system
    Wolverhampton 3.20 Medieval Bishop 15/2
  • 6:50 wolves Dream Mover will win
  • Tryster very impressive on the turf last night in Meydan
  • All weather system ( certainly a lot less bets now only 5/1 or bigger)
    Lingfield 4.00 Subtle Knife
  • smiffyboy said:

6:50 wolves Dream Mover will win

Close! Nice one.
  • All weather system
    Wolverhampton 3.50
    Vastly
    Matraash
    La Havrese
  • 4.00 Lingfield
    Queen Aggie is the best horse in the race
  • Sponsored links:

• 4.20 Wolves
    Bosham has a good chance at a big price
  • If only the best horse won everytime jamiebcool...............have been on Queen Aggie twice with my all weather system and finished 3rd and 4th and obviously not on it the two times it has won recently! And the big tip today is that im NOT backing it.
  • Obviously anything can happen, IMO there shouldn't be anything else there for it to worry about bar getting badly hampered. 9/2 seems a bit of a gift.

Good luck with your selections. Both have a good EW chance I reckon.
  • Queen Aggie must have run a furlong more than anyone else it went so wide. Wouldn't have beat the winner anyway.
  • Gutted. Oh well.

I'll leave it alone now till Cheltenham and my visit to the Midlands GN
  • edited February 2016
    You can forget about models or trends that make sense for the Eider unless you can rationalise why carrying 11.00+ should favour a runner in the Newcastle marathon - 10 of last 11 winners have done so. But beware, 10 of the prior 11 winners carried < 11.00.
    Now that is one mean MEAN REVERSION :smile:
    I shall be watching rather than wagering in what should be a terrific renewal at 2.50pm and hoping that old Portrait King can win it again - methinks he has a decent chance having run very creditably in the Becher Chase and Welsh Nat and off the same mark as when winning it as a 7 year old in 2012.
    Too old at 11 years of age? Stats don't rule him out, particularly on soft ground - 4 of the last 8 winners (4 of the last 5 on Soft or Heavy) were 10 or 11y-o. even the occasional 12 and 13 y-o has crossed (probably staggered over) the line in front in this down the years.

• Kempton 4.10 Clean Sheet
    Henderson really fancies this horse for Cheltenham so I'm guessing it should be winning today?
    A couple of my horses have multiple entries this week and will keep you posted
    Dragoon Guard first race over hurdles is Plumpton Monday or Taunton Thursday
    The Geegeez Geegee has entries Wednesday Wincanton,Thursday Taunton and Newbury Friday and Saturday
  • Kempton 4.10 Clean Sheet
    Henderson really fancies this horse for Cheltenham so I'm guessing it should be winning today?
    The Geegeez Geegee has entries Wednesday Wincanton,Thursday Taunton and Newbury Friday and Saturday

Henderson fancies a clean sheet? I should fucking hope he does!

• CAFCsayer said:

Kempton 4.10 Clean Sheet

Henderson fancies a clean sheet? I should fucking hope he does!

It might be at 4.10. But not at 4.55 I suspect ;-(
  • Bollox spoke to Muir this morning about Harry Holland 2:15 lingfield and he didn't fancy him said he would need 1 more run, instead jumped out the stalls lead from start to finish and wins at 20/1 just typical
  • Sponsored links:

• He didn't want us queering the price smiffy :smile:
  • edited February 2016
    Lol very true peanuts very true, was probably hoping for a drift. Sums up how bad my luck is couldn't pick the winner in a 1 horse race.
  • 2:10 lingfield

Cox fancies his horse to beat the short price fav and gambled Johnstone horse
  • Shit that one lads sorry
  • Not that bad mate done it e/w got me money back
  • Will come on for the run and hopefully win next time out cox likes the horse
  • The mockery of a jockey Pendleton back out in the 3:20 wincanton tomorrow back on Pacha Du Polder, what's the chance of her staying on this time?
  • clb74 said:

Not that bad mate done it e/w got me money back

i thought it was 7 runners?
  • I will be there to see her beaten again tomorrow Smithy as my horse The Geegeez Geegee is running at Wincanton.Made money on her last try at Fakenham!
  • clb74 said:

Not that bad mate done it e/w got me money back

i thought it was 7 runners?
    7 runners?