Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Feeltherythem in the 1:40 trained by Des Donovan is a former employee of curly and trained a winner in his last sting.

Seven Summits hasn't run in a year was previously trained by Curly and was a winning horse in his last sting.
  • 1:40 opened up 9/2 from 9/4 this morning
  • edited February 2016
    gone 11/4 in an instant
  • withdrawn
  • lol - Kelly's the old "it's not gone down right sir" to the vet
  • That was obviously the plan from the start
  • Vivacissamo falls on the home turn but was beaten anyway and didn't travel right up to that point
  • something all a bit dodgy about that race
  • cafc4life said:

something all a bit dodgy about that race

Gambled on horses have a history of being withdrawn. Either because the jockey feels that the horse isn't 1000% right going down or because he's been given a signal that the "right" people couldn't get enough money on.
  • smiffyboy said:

That was obviously the plan from the start

Fair old trot for one ride though Smiffy?
  • Sponsored links:

• smiffyboy said:

That was obviously the plan from the start

Fair old trot for one ride though Smiffy?
    See my comment above. "They" don't know for certain whether it's going to run 'til they get to the start so he has to make that trip. If it was always the intention, however, to withdraw the horse come what may, then it helps the "smokescreen" for the jockey to have to ride at two tracks.

And of course withdrawing the horse means that backers have got more on than they might have done with the fourfold in particular now becoming a double stake treble.
  • feeltherythem was apparently lame on her near fore leg.
  • 4:25 at Southwell was taken down 10 mins before the off by all online bookmakers. Can't find out why tho.
  • Heard vivacissimo was put down today after its fall
  • Was actually injured during this win and will now miss the Cheltenham festival, was the 2/1 fav for JLT novices chase.
  • 4:45 Meydan Marking has reportedly been hammering horse on the gallops
  • smiffyboy said:

feeltherythem was apparently lame on her near fore leg.

Apparently the horse was sound when returning to the racecourse stables, which now changes the direction of the gamble bringing cash out into the equation, several large stakes placed at high odds were cashed out before the race with profit as bookies tried to limit the potential hit.
  • When's Florencio back in action mate?
  • He's back in full training has grown in size and looks in great condition, if everything goes to plan he will be back on the track late March.
  • As I said yesterday I was at Kempton last night and got talking in the Owners and Trainers to the driver for one Shane Kelly no less!! He said that the jockey had no idea why the money had gone down on the 4 horses he was riding whilst driving to Southwell. As to the Southwell race he felt something was amiss with the horse going to the start and asked the vet at the post to have a look who pronounced him lame and withdrew the horse.
    I noted that all SKs heavily backed horses drifted out on course last night. The driver seemed an honest, amiable guy but we will never know!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• One for a big handicap especially if he gets into one at Cheltenham - TOTALIZE
  • All weather system
    Chelmsford 7.40 The Happy Hamer
  • All weather system
    Chelmsford 7.40 The Happy Hamer

Would prefer it to be "Hamer" but, unfortunately, it's "Hammer". Enough to stop anyone backing it!
  • All weather system
    Wolverhampton 5.15 Your Gifted

I did mention a horse called DellBuoy to keep in your tracker after two very strange/dodgy runs on the all weather and am even more shocked to see it running in a 2 mile handicap chase today at 66/1! (Kempton 2.05)
  • All weather system
    Wolverhampton 5.15 Your Gifted

I did mention a horse called DellBuoy to keep in your tracker after two very strange/dodgy runs on the all weather and am even more shocked to see it running in a 2 mile handicap chase today at 66/1! (Kempton 2.05)

Surprise surprise. Dellbuoy fell .
  • All weather system
    Lingfield 3.10 Seamster 5/1
    Wolverhampton 7.45 Archipeligo 6/1
  • 1.50 Newbury...... Zeroshadesofgrey
  • AFFAIRE D'HONNEUR gave the winner miles at the start yesterday and Harry Whittington blamed the imposed standing start for that. Being aimed at the Imperial Cup but suspect that we might see it at Cheltenham too providing it makes the cut.
  • Walsh fucks another certain winner up at the last fence, I think the horses are bang on but Ruby isn't up to it and gets away with it and made to look good by the fact he rides for the best jumps trainer on the best horses.
  • AFFAIRE D'HONNEUR gave the winner miles at the start yesterday and Harry Whittington blamed the imposed standing start for that. Being aimed at the Imperial Cup but suspect that we might see it at Cheltenham too providing it makes the cut.

Backed it each way and couldn't believe the ground he made up.
    Good up and coming trainer to follow too.