Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    Oh wrong thread sorry guys. Hermosa to win today 
  • Options
    Would it cost much though the games are filmed anyway just need to set up stream although think might have to pay for rights to do it to EFL. I would definitely pay for it living to far away to travel to every home game.
    wrong thread?
  • Options
    Walk in the Sand
    Volatile Analyst 
    Spanish Mission
    Governor of Punjab 

Lucky 15
  • Options
    my picks across goodwood and galway

goodwood
    1.50 forest of dean
    2.25 royal commando ew
    3.00 spanish mission
    4.10 insania ew
    5.20 whataguy ew & alfie solomans ew 

galway 
    3.10 sirjackthomas ew
    4.20 ash hill
    4.55 golden spear ew

• Options
    Done a double on the two gosden horses at 15s aswell
  • Options
    Not got much fancied today for me but even so, tentative picks:

1.50 - Fox Premier (5/1)

2.25 - Threat (6/4) is MLW but I'd rather have a horse at a bigger price, so Dream Shot e/w (18/1) would be my vote. Symbolize another to consider for win-only purposes

3.00 - tricky little race but Jessie Harrington is a shrewdie so might have to chance on Leo De Fury (15/2). Jalmoud appeals.

3.35 - Mehdaayih for me. Dettori-Gosden is a beast combination, and I reckon they'll have her tuned to her best. Sir Michael Stoute is of course a great one for long term development and this might be a little too early for Sun Maiden but will probably have an interest at 18s.

4.10 - Indian Creak (20s) big price and despite the step up well worth considering.

4.45 - hate races like these but Hannon is sweet on Al Dawodiya (12s now) - I took 18s each way and am quietly happy with that. Bloke on Twitter agrees:

Richard Hannon has recently been quoted giving a good mention for his Gutaifan filly owned by Al Shaqab who love to win a race at this festival with their best juveniles. 

She’s explicitly been kept for this meeting, worth a tickle

5.20 - Ben Linfoot goes with Get The Rhythm (11/1) so I will as well. Celsius is probably a smart horse but at 5/1 a bit too skinny. Will probably have an interest on him anyway!
  • Options
    In the last fortnight Gosden has had 12 winners from 29 runners - and not just at short prices with SPs such as 11/4, 7/2, 11/2, 6/1, 7/1 & 11/1
    Add a 4/1 (available @ 11/2 this morning) winner to that list
  • Options
    forest of dean in the opener at goodwood i liked the look of but paul keally has just tipped it up so no chance now!
    or not squeezed up the inside and the risk paid off, great ride by harry bentley who only got the ride because frankie couldn't do it.
  • Options
    In the last fortnight Gosden has had 12 winners from 29 runners - and not just at short prices with SPs such as 11/4, 7/2, 11/2, 6/1, 7/1 & 11/1
    Thanks for the heads up! 
  • Options
    Should've listened to @palarsehater and gone with the Forest of Dean/Fox Premier forecast...!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Thanks for the heads up! 
    If mehdaayih wins I would like to buy you a pint! 
  • Options
    Call me a cynic but I got a feeling the biggest hooky race of the week was that Magnolia Cup! Fair play to the girl. 
  • Options
    Great ride by Kirby there
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Thanks for the heads up! 
    If mehdaayih wins I would like to buy you a pint! 
    I have had an interest in Maqsad too in the race @ 7/1
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    http://2ptsw.in/ <-- shrewdies picked the winner as well as a 40/1 placed horse there in Royal Dornoch (went off at 25s).

Much like Guildsman did in running, I had no luck with my picks on that one. Such is life
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    http://2ptsw.in/ <-- shrewdies picked the winner as well as a 40/1 placed horse there in Royal Dornoch (went off at 25s).

Much like Guildsman did in running, I had no luck with my picks on that one. Such is life
    Like a tit I had it on the nose at 40s
  • Options
    Al Dawodiya (4.45) has been absolutely smashed up. Looks like a gamble.
  • Options
    wtf was that ride on Spanish Mission!?!
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Weird race in general. Whiffed completely myself - wasn't really on board massive though so no great shakes
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    huh?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Jamie Spencer special
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Jamie Spencer special
    absolute clown
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    huh?
    It's shortened markedly from morning price (18/1) into 10s generally - though Marathon Bet are on at 14s.

Given how much it has shortened, it looks like people are gambling on it
  • Options
    issue with spencer is he always wants to get up on the line to be the hero - given a good ride i think the horse had plenty and will be keen to see where it goes next of course it depends if that wolly is on it. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    i think hermosa is still around goodwood somewhere

fair play to the japanese for sending her over - itv make me laugh they will all be watching its nearly midnight on a thursday night. 
  • Options
    The RP Verdict from earlier today. I cannot believe Ben Hutton - whoever he is - has called it:

Verdict

There is an extremely strong representation of 3yos - with such runners having won the last four runnings - featuring dual Guineas winner Hermosa, French Oaks winner Channel, Pretty Polly winner Maqsad and French Group 2 winner Mehdaayih. While Hermosa's pedigree provides optimism regarding today's step up in trip, the John Gosden-trained Mehdaayih has star potential and is taken to be best of her age group today. However, a chance is taken on the 5yo Japanese challenger DEIRDRE. Soft ground may not have suited at Royal Ascot and the way she has tended to make her steady progress from the rear of the field, including in Group 1s in Dubai and Hong Kong this spring, suggests that the long straight at this course will play to her strengths. Rawdaa is another from the older brigade who can run well, but Mehdaayih is feared most.[Ben Hutton]
  • Options
    Feel sick... Needed Mehdaayih for 850 quid there
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    huh?
    It's shortened markedly from morning price (18/1) into 10s generally - though Marathon Bet are on at 14s.

16s on the exchange, mate
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    huh?

16s on the exchange, mate
    Has gone back out since I last looked then
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    happy to take battash on today with a small bet on big brothers pride. 

others ive gone for are;

goodwood 
    1.50 billesdon brook ew
    2.25 turgenev - non runner 
    3.00 dark vision ew & vale of kent ew
    4.40 baghdad
    5.15 fox vardy