Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    to bow out on your terms at 39 and winning all he has won fair play - not his fault and maybe its false hype but the ricci/mullins/walsh set up has gone on for too long. mug punters faults really, and maybe other jockeys do not get as many top rides as him but for me i can count numerous big falls on clear favourites. 
  • Options
    00 seven yesterday was an unreal bet couldn't believe the price 18/1 on a horse being sent over with nico! only had £2.50 ew on it but better than a kick in the balls
  • Options
    defi de seul and josies orders double today looks a good bet - duc des geniveres although an arkle winner that is one of the weakest arkles i had seen for a very long time. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Thought his prize money would of been higher than that.
  • Options

You've lost 2500 in the past year
  • Options
    clb74 said:

You've lost 2500 in the past year
    What?
  • Options
    defi de seul and josies orders double today looks a good bet - duc des geniveres although an arkle winner that is one of the weakest arkles i had seen for a very long time. 
    Or not 
  • Options
    I see good old Unowhatimeanharry won at 16/1
  • Options
    My tip for Kentucky Derby is Maximum Security 10/1. Saw him romp home in Florida Derby. Funny looked totally disinterested in the ring before the race.
  • Options
    having a small bet on wicklow brave in the champion think its a huge price, and apples jade and bvd have hardly been great
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    having a small bet on wicklow brave in the champion think its a huge price, and apples jade and bvd have hardly been great

Melon for me.
  • Options
    2000 Guineas today. My pick is Skardu, unbeaten at Newmarket and still improving. Plus Doyle on board always gives me confidence. Currently 8/1.
  • Options
    2000 Guineas today. My pick is Skardu, unbeaten at Newmarket and still improving. Plus Doyle on board always gives me confidence. Currently 8/1.
    Why Momkin is 3x the price after only losing by a neck to him in the Craven is odd though.

Advertise for me, despite stepping up to a mile, as has near best Group 1 form even if only over 6f. plus Momkin EW with firms paying five places. 

Others I like on the day:

- Aquarium great EW shout in the opener
    - El Astronaute 2.20 ew
    - Beat Le Bon, probably e/w filth as well. 

No time to tip. Cricket season starts! 
  • Options
    Shine So Bright for me.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Why Momkin is 3x the price after only losing by a neck to him in the Craven is odd though.

Advertise for me, despite stepping up to a mile, as has near best Group 1 form even if only over 6f. plus Momkin EW with firms paying five places. 

Others I like on the day:

- Aquarium great EW shout in the opener
    - El Astronaute 2.20 ew
    - Beat Le Bon, probably e/w filth as well. 

No time to tip. Cricket season starts! 
    Agree re Momkin as he got bumped about a few times in the Craven as well. At 33/1 he’s great e/w value.
  • Options
    1st Magna Grecia
    2nd King of Change
    3rd Skardu
    4th Madhmoon
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Magna Grecia wins the 2000 Guineas at 11/2.

High draw seem to have the big advantage with the winner out of 17 and 66/1 second out of stall 19. My choice 3rd out of stall 3 so decent run.
  • Options
    Magna Grecia wins the 2000 Guineas at 11/2.

High draw seem to have the big advantage with the winner out of 17 and 66/1 second out of stall 19. My choice 3rd out of stall 3 so decent run.
    Stall 17 wins, stall 19 comes second, stall 18 picked out by me! Doh!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Favourite got DQed in the Kentucky Derby, leading to a 65-1 shot winner: Country House.
  • Options
    Got paid on the DQed winner. Good on the bookies don't usually do that for us racing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bullshit decision cost me a lot of money had first 2 in an exacta ! Maximum Security was the best horse 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Bullshit decision cost me a lot of money had first 2 in an exacta ! Maximum Security was the best horse 
    I had some wedge on Maximum Security too. Absolutely fuming at that. 
  • Options
    O'Leary to wind down the Gigginstown op. Huge.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    O'Leary to wind down the Gigginstown op. Huge.
    Willie Mullins must be well pleased that he parted company with O'Leary.
    I know its over a 5 year period but it will cause big problems for Gordon Elliot and co. 
  • Options
    Looking at tickets for Royal Ascot. Anyone ever done the Village enclosure? (the bit on the inside of the course) Any good and worth doing or should I just stick with the grandstand/Queen Anne enclosure?
  • Options
    7:45 Aintree Oldgrangewood should go very close
  • Options
    BertieB said:
    Looking at tickets for Royal Ascot. Anyone ever done the Village enclosure? (the bit on the inside of the course) Any good and worth doing or should I just stick with the grandstand/Queen Anne enclosure?
    Queen Anne for me.
  • Options
    Afternoon all.

Just wondering if anyone's headed to Royal Ascot on the 20th, and if so, if by some complete and utter miracle I could blag a lift?

Given the likely train disruption that day, looks like a good idea to see if it's possible to find alternative methods of travel.

Any advice would be great. Cheers!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/prescott-and-mccain-add-support-to-calls-for-disqualification-for-whip-overuse/389506

Long, long overdue in my view. Nonetheless I did nearly choke on my cornflakes this morning in light of the 2011 GN.

Said McCain: "For me it's a no-brainer. I had a meeting with the BHA a number of years ago as they weren't happy with my stable jockey's use of his stick and I said it's quite simple, throw the horse out. 

"I've been on the other side of it, I had a horse beaten a short-head at Cheltenham when the horse who beat it was struck 16 times and it leaves a sour taste. Derek O'Connor stayed perfectly within the rules on my horse. Sure, the lad who won was banned but who cares?...

"Would he [Ballabriggs] have won [the Grand National] had he [Maguire] used his whip less? I think it's fair to say, yes, he would," 

I respectfully suggest that's impossible to say - Jason Maguire presumably thought he needed to use the whip 17 times to get him across the line 2L ahead.

That said, it's apt that this (patently just) campaign is gaining ground with the recent passing of Big Mac - an early and vociferous advocate of disqualification.

Hopefully soon.