Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    1.50 Pretty Baby
    2.25 I Could Do Better
    3.00 Mojito
    4.10 Home Spin

Lucky 15
  • Options
    1.50 - Perfection e/w
    2.25 - Art du val
    3.00 - Baltic Baron e/w
    3.35 - Houtzen e/w
    4.10 - Teenar e/w
    4.40 - Baghdad
    5.15 - Sapa Inca e/w
  • Options
    Lyzbeth is a decent each way shout at 25/1 in the opener. Think she's quietly rated by Martin Meade.

Art Du Val (6/1) at the prices tickles my fancy in the 2.25, but really tricky race to call.

3.00 - absolute minefield. Beat Le Bon and Indeed are my two tentative ones against the field. 

3.35 - Battaash/Big Brothers Pride forecast, probably. 

4.10 - don't really care but Asmund (18/1) could be an each way smuggle.

4.40 - whatever. Mirage Dancer. No interest for me.

5.15 - as VG above, Sapa Inca e/w is an interesting runner. Asian Angel also appeals with Andrew Breslin and his claim back on board.
  • Options
    billsden brook at 14s profit for the day, with bets to run lovely. 
  • Options
    2nd for me, thought SDS had it.
  • Options
    Great ride... Annoying, looked at billsden brook and changed my mind
  • Options
    What a horrible race. Art Du Val got bullied right out of it.
  • Options
    Mojito in the next my biggest bet of the day, so avoid like the plague
  • Options
    replaced the nr with art du val unfortunately. 
  • Options
    Dreadful festival
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another rough race. Shit.
  • Options
    Beat Le Bon, touch. Not covered myself for today but one more and I'm tidy. Not losing too much though.
  • Options
    Phew, glad Battaash won easily enough otherwise I think I may have stopped following racing.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Phew, glad Battaash won easily enough otherwise I think I may have stopped following racing.
    Wanna bet?
  • Options
    the 4 miler reduced in length at cheltenham and a grade 2 mares race will be added to 2021 onwards. 

thoughts?

surely its only an amount of time before they make this a 5 day event. 
  • Options
    the 4 miler reduced in length at cheltenham and a grade 2 mares race will be added to 2021 onwards. 

thoughts?

surely its only an amount of time before they make this a 5 day event. 
    But they are also planning to axe one race from the schedule will be interesting which one goes
  • Options
    Reckon the novice handicap chase over 2.5m be the one to go.
    It's a bollocks of a race with it being such a tight handicap 140-145 each year.  Scrap it and the good ones can run in the JLT, the less good ones can run in the Plate on Thursday.
  • Options
    for years there have been rumbles of them wanting to extend it to the saturday 
  • Options
    York thoughts today:

1.55 - lots of each way hunting in here. I'm going with A Momentofmadness (18/1, 1/5 1-6, Paddy Power) principally. Buick is 4/10 on board, and well-handicapped off 95. Also beat Dakota Gold easily enough this time last year - who should improve for age, but is it an effective 16lbs of improvement? I don't think so. Favourites have a poor record in this race, and 6yos+ tend to be the winners, as well. Also worth considering is Duke of Firenze who likes running at York (28/1 same bookies), and Stone of Destiny may be worth a poke at 12s.

2.25 - Nine horse race and Sky are offering 1/5 1-4. Absolutely therefore smash into Yorkshire Gold (11/1) who holds a Group 2 entry - like a lot of these - but won pretty well considering how green he was at Leicester. Not my sort of race usually, and the market will be informative.

3.00 - Another each way thievery race. I think Nayef Road, despite meeting Constantinople again on unfavourable terms, is huge at 7/1. Would even take it each way (everywhere is 1/4 1-2). Logician looks like a serious horse, though.

3.35 - My mates all agree Crystal Ocean (11/8 Paddy Power) wins easily. Would have advised Elarqam each way last night, but unfortunately has been smashed from 11/1 into 8/1, so no real value though, but better than either King of Comedy or Japan imo. Lord Glitters (40/1 Coral, 1/5 1-3) could be worth an each way poke.

4.15 - I'm taking a chance on Rare Groove (14/1, 1/5 1-5 various) with Jedd O'Keefe in such good form. Needs a bit more than last time out but I can see it happening. Eddystone Rock is a huge shout given both recent form and success in previous years (2017 1m4f handicap win at the Ebor springs to mind), while I think at 40/1 both Claire Underwood and Aircraft Carrier can outrun odds, with some firms paying 5 places.

4.50 - Could be anyone's. Homespin (9/1 general win), Troubador (14/1 1/5 1-6 Sky Bet), Monoski and Hard Nut are the ones that spring to mind, with preference for the former two. But I've got very little interest in this race given just how tricky it is to call. One to watch and note.
  • Options
    Be worried about Crystal Ocean back at 10f together with good ground
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1.55 - Final Venture e/w
  • Options
    Both things very well worth noting. Loves the rain does CO, and I said that before the battle with Enable at Ascot, but I think he's a fantastic horse nonetheless.
  • Options

I share that concern.

King of Comedy a bit unlucky in running at Ascot and the extended trip should suit.

One to watch more than punt.

I'm there tomorrow and looking forward to seeing Enable.

• Options
    Had a dart at Regal Reality at 40s ew
  • Options
    1.55 - Final Venture e/w
    Stone last. Lovely work.
  • Options
    Francesca looking Spanish and delicious in red
  • Options
    Had a little go today small stakes 
    1.50 gunmetal 
    2.25 kingbrook
    3.00 nayef road
    3.35 king of comedy
    4.15 melting dew 
    4.50 praxelogy 

edit the 1st raced watched it does annoy me a tad when a horse refuses to load the rest have already been loaded to start to become distressed etc, then the one that is playing up goes in last and wins. 
  • Options
    AMOM snuck sixth. Filth.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    ryan moore bookies best pal

loses on red hot faves
    and beats red hot faves

crystal ocean - best horse in the world apparently - that title belongs to enable on the flat. 
  • Options
    Right, that's it, I'm done. The Ebor can bore off.