Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Mogul .. slightly lighter weight will tell in the wet
    Non runner, Lincs. All O’Brien’s are out.
    thanks mate .. I put the bet on y/day .. I have seen or heard nothing about the withdrawals until now .. this really devalues the race ..
     I am a bit of  suspicious soul and I wonder if 'dodgy horse grub' has played a major part in Coolmore's unparalleled success ?

• Options
    Had the winner in the first... Picks for the day below:

singles and acca
  • Options
    Enable got some big interference and didn’t recover. 
  • Options
    Was never going to win that, even without the interference 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Agree.

Glass Slippers in the next. Love that horse and followed it since it’s debut. Tough draw but fingers crossed.

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Agree.

Glass Slippers in the next. Love that horse and followed it since it’s debut. Tough draw but fingers crossed.

2nd by a neck, of course.
  • Options
    My horse Vorashann is running at Chepstow tomorrow - he is favourite and I’m certainly hopeful he will justify favouritism. 🤞
    Everything okay with the horse Albury?
  • Options
    Cesarewitch today. Any fancies? I personally think Rajinsky will outrun his odds, and Author's Dream might well do at a massive price too.

Elsewhere, the Dewhurst can go the way of Wembley, and I think Seddon has a live chance in the Native River. Some really interesting racing going on.
  • Options
    proper racing is back always love the chepstow opening weekend of the jumps. 

paul nicholls on fire of late

think tizzard will have a very good season

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    My horse Vorashann is running at Chepstow tomorrow - he is favourite and I’m certainly hopeful he will justify favouritism. 🤞
    Everything okay with the horse Albury?
    Thanks for asking - yes he’s OK , I think it was a combination of too soon too firm and too short !! He’s probably not quite that class either but we had to run him because he was 8lbs in. If he stays fit at around the 125-130 mark we should have some more fun with him. 
    Ive got Rydan running on Weds at Bath - he’s not the force of old but sooner rather than later he’s going to win again 
  • Options
    proper racing is back always love the chepstow opening weekend of the jumps. 

paul nicholls on fire of late

think tizzard will have a very good season

I normally go to this, gutted I can’t. 
  • Options
    Once we’re back to some sort of normality want to visit a lot more racecourses.

the tingle creek and the festival are my 2 usual trips for the year. 
  • Options
    How Ryan Moore keeps getting big rides is beyond me. He just looks like he doesn’t care anymore. Can’t see O’Brien putting up with it much longer.
  • Options

Get to York, lovely city, plenty of pubs, good quality racing and facilities.

Sandown was always my favourite but since going to York it's now number two.
  • Options
    How Ryan Moore keeps getting big rides is beyond me. He just looks like he doesn’t care anymore. Can’t see O’Brien putting up with it much longer.
    this he is appauling i think - oisin murphy on the other hand is brilliant his Instagram is so insightful. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Agree. Some lovely racecourses up in Yorkshire. I love the smaller courses like Ripon and Thirsk., though Wetherby is a shithole.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

I'll second York. I've been going to the Thursday at the Ebor meeting for years (sadly not this year), luckily always in hospitality! The racing is top class and the city afterwards absolutely buzzing.
    Not the best course though in my opinion, for me nothing touches Goodwood on the flat and Cheltenham over the sticks.

Also a shout out for Chester - decent racing and a great viewing track, fantastic facilities, and a gentle stroll into the city afterwards which comes alive on a race day. The Vase meeting in May is the best.
  • Options
    Been to two Ebor meetings and the City in the evening is carnage.
  • Options
    Went to the first two days of the Dante meeting in May last year, nothing on the first day but ended £300 up on the second.

Went to the last two meetings this time last year, two days and not a hope of a winner but a great weekend.

Was set to go again this year but the virus intervened.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Enable retired.
  • Options
    Enable retired.
    no surprise .. this year's Arc was a race too far .. she won well over £10 Million so Abdullah raised a megacash cow in the form of a horse  :)
  • Options
    Enable retired.
    no surprise .. this year's Arc was a race too far .. she won well over £10 Million so Abdullah raised a megacash cow in the form of a horse  :)
    Apparently she’s being covered by Kingman
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:
    Enable retired.
    Green Desert meets Galileo .. we will see
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    smiffyboy said:
    Enable retired.

The thoroughbred breeders' mantra:

Breed the best with the best, and hope for the best.

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    smiffyboy said:
    Enable retired.

The thoroughbred breeders' mantra:

Breed the best with the best, and hope for the best.

Who remembers that horse The Green Monkey being bought for $16m back in the day! Raced thrice and didn't break a maiden, then sired *checks Wikipedia* the 2015 winner of the Panamanian Filly Triple Crown...
  • Options
    Also, to get ahead of one poster who likely will refer to this soon, what the hell was Martin Harley doing on Gulliver?! Watching it back, the nine day ban and his fine are nowhere near enough punishment. Mad.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2020/oct/13/talking-horses-owners-fury-over-winning-rivals-breach-of-whip-rules
  • Options
    ascot champions day on heavy going to be interesting - mildenberger in the 1st could be worth a couple of quid ew, only horse in the race apart from strad at that distance and a 40/1 shot currently, expect lots of non runners
  • Options
    Gotta love Hollie Doyle
  • Options
    Gotta love Hollie Doyle
    Just won her first ever Group 1.