Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    You appear unaware of what has happened previously, Mr Peanuts. 
    A thread I commenced was 'sunk' by Mr Bartram, resulting in it being hidden. 

You have the pick of several pro-racing threads in which to participate. The sole place in which a different view could be presented was met with sabotage. How does that sit with you?

And then there's the abuse. All of it one-way. 
    Moronic freak, or Freaky moron? I can't decide. Can I be both?
    Yep, and you are. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Your grouse about your thread closing is for the moderators, no one else. 
    Your message about equine welfare is agreed with by every contributor to this and other racing threads - your goal of banning jump racing is not, of course, but most people here are prepared to agree to disagree. You, patently, are not.
    So, if you're tired of people being nasty to you, try being a little more prepared to look at things from both sides and less sneeringly sanctimonious every time a racehorse sadly dies. 

Well said, Peanuts.
    AK - I would say that without exception contributors to this thread care for the welfare of horses, and are in awe of the majesty that is the thoroughbred horse. They support changes that increase the safety of the sport for horses and jockeys, but they do not support abolition.
    You will not change their opinions, as they are unlikely to change yours - consequently every single post you make on this thread is deliberately designed to generate conflict, and you are fully aware that most of us will bite, including me!
    AK advocates the banning of all horse racing, I think, not just jump racing but never answers the question about what is then supposed to happen to the thousands of horses in racing. 
  • Options
    I seem to recall an underhand petition of some sort was posted by Anna Kissed, at some point, of which the ultimate aim was to ban horseracing. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I seem to recall an underhand petition of some sort was posted by Anna Kissed, at some point, of which the ultimate aim was to ban horseracing. 
    bobmunro said:
    Your message about equine welfare is agreed with by every contributor to this and other racing threads - your goal of banning jump racing is not, of course, but most people here are prepared to agree to disagree. You, patently, are not.
    So, if you're tired of people being nasty to you, try being a little more prepared to look at things from both sides and less sneeringly sanctimonious every time a racehorse sadly dies. 

Well said, Peanuts.
    AK - I would say that without exception contributors to this thread care for the welfare of horses, and are in awe of the majesty that is the thoroughbred horse. They support changes that increase the safety of the sport for horses and jockeys, but they do not support abolition.
    You will not change their opinions, as they are unlikely to change yours - consequently every single post you make on this thread is deliberately designed to generate conflict, and you are fully aware that most of us will bite, including me!
    AK advocates the banning of all horse racing, I think, not just jump racing but never answers the question about what is then supposed to happen to the thousands of horses in racing. 
    You're both absolutely correct.
    Same old, same old from the self-righteous and authoritarian one. Quelle surprise.... you can lead a horse to water ......
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Well said, Peanuts.
    You're both absolutely correct.
    Same old, same old from the self-righteous and authoritarian one. Quelle surprise.... you can lead a horse to water ......
    .....but you can’t make it jump ? Anyway, imo, that misleading petition stripped AK of any credibility he had, regarding this subject.
  • Options
    Had a couple of winners yesterday... Anyone had much luck?

Todays picks:

1:40 Alfaatic
    2:10 Musicality
    2:40 Sacred
    3:15 Revolver
    3:45 New Mandate
  • Options
    Got a runner at Fontwell tomorrow - 2.50pm , Vorashaan, beautifully bred we bought from the Aga Khan would you believe. Half brother won Dubai World Cup 3 times !!! 
    Anyway, I suspect he is useless to be honest, he has shown nothing so far and definitely not one to back tomorrow. Just hoping he gets round safely and shows a bit more promise following his wind op. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Had a couple of winners yesterday... Anyone had much luck?

Todays picks:

1:40 Alfaatic
    2:10 Musicality
    2:40 Sacred
    3:15 Revolver
    3:45 New Mandate
    Boooooom, 12s!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Don't want to jynx it but I'm on a ridiculous purple patch... Had New Mandate yesterday at 12s, Arsenal 3-0 at 16s and have placed or won in every race so far today. Need Pyledriver for 345 quid and Charlton 2-0 for a grand! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bollocks! Oh well... Coyr! 
  • Options
    Off that... No luck with the single but forgot I only  needed a blaxeneeded a place
  • Options
    A horse turned over at 1.02 in a photo finish at Redcar. Wonder if they’ll release the photo.
  • Options
    Very sad news indeed. RIP Pat
  • Options
    Not a tip per se, but I put Mr Strutter in my tracker and he runs tomorrow Catterick 4:40. 

Given an awful non trying ride last time and met every piece of traffic available. Dropped to a very attractive mark. Was 7/1 but into 5/1 already.
  • Options
    Wow. If he could find some more trouble that be great.
  • Options
    Topical tip
    Our Rockstar  1.30 Uttoxeter
  • Options
    3.35 Newmarket......Tempus trained by Roger Charlton (it's a sign I tell you). Seriously, feel this is a group horse running in a handicap and PP going 7 places.
  • Options
    High draw majorly effecting large field handicaps at Newmarket today. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, will it be a third Arc for Enable today? I think it probably will, but I'm very sweet on In Swoop given the inclement conditions. 25s were available last week and now we're seeing 8s.
  • Options
    Hope Enable but if bottomless going think Stradivarius could have a big say.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    So, will it be a third Arc for Enable today? I think it probably will, but I'm very sweet on In Swoop given the inclement conditions. 25s were available last week and now we're seeing 8s.
    I think Enable is likely to prevail, especially now the field has been decimated. Magnificent mare.
    My money is already down on the mighty Stradivarius though and would be delighted if he wins, not just for the winnings but for the horse and his legacy - a fourth Ascot Gold Cup next year would be the icing on the cake and mark him down as the greatest stayer. The great Ardross came so close to winning an Arc.
  • Options
    Not sure he stays the distance but I like Persian King
  • Options
    Persian King and Way To Paris each way for me.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Mogul .. slightly lighter weight will tell in the wet
  • Options
    Non runner, Lincs. All O’Brien’s are out.
  • Options
    Can't see past enable, but would like strad to win
  • Options
    Non runner, Lincs. All O’Brien’s are out.
    And for the other races, too, after that contaminated feed. Absolutely gutting that - puts a bit of a downer on the day (even though I'm hardly the biggest Coolmore fan).