Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

Keep eye out for ferngrove they've been holding him back should run in 2-3 weeks at about 12/1 and will win

It's entered in the 4.50 at Bath on Wednesday.
    Only if he gets the right ground will update you nearer the time, Florencio is also entered for that meeting as it was done before his official rating came out
    Ferngrove has been entered in the 5.20 at bath tomorrow and is 5/2 ??.
  • Another crap ride by Spencer . How can any one back his mounts ?
  • The mans a crook
  • These jockeys all have to eat. Some have ex-wives and school fees to pay. Some have former brother in laws who are professional gamblers.

The above comments are purely random and are in no way related to jockeys being crooks especially not Jamie Spencer who I know has great belief in his own ability to get the job done but, sadly, sometimes it simply doesn't work out.
  • Ferngrove is entered in a race on Saturday at lingfield.
  • edited September 2015

Ferngrove is entered in a race on Saturday at lingfield.

Now back in this country I will get the low down.

Florencio has been provisionally entered with a decision made on Thursday in the 3:25 class 3 Betfair Tap Tap Boom 0-95 race at Chester on Saturday with a win prize of £18000. I think this might be a step too far too soon his official rating is 79, although he will receive some weight from others it will be good to see how he gets on in better company. At Chester being quick out the stalls and a low draw is essential to doing well, we will see what happens
  • Ferngrove is entered in a race on Saturday at lingfield.

Also holds an entry for Monday spencer WILL NOT be riding him they are unhappy with him
  • smiffyboy said:

Also holds an entry for Monday spencer WILL NOT be riding him they are unhappy with him
    He rode him last week and gave the winner 20L before he decide to race, too late.
  • Any advice for the St Ledger anyone? Cant make this one out.
  • I think I will be siding with Storm the Stars
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like Florencio will be declared tomorrow to run on Saturday in the group 3 race at Chester
  • Wow, get in.

Let's see how he does first lol
  • 11 declared to run and Florencio has been drawn 10 ffs not good at all, low draw at Chester is key, gonna need a big big run from there
  • That's a pain he has been drawn 10. Hopefully he can still do well
  • So do I mate but to be that wide on such a tight bend over 5f is gonna need a miracle
  • Interesting but can't see it
  • smiffyboy said:

So do I mate but to be that wide on such a tight bend over 5f is gonna need a miracle

If he does it, or goes close, from that draw at Chester then you will know you have a very useful animal on your hands.

Best of luck.
  • Cheers Bob, I think the draw process is fixed a hannon trained Al Moktoum horse gets drawn in stall 1 bit fishy in my eyes
  • smiffyboy said:

Cheers Bob, I think the draw process is fixed a hannon trained Al Moktoum horse gets drawn in stall 1 bit fishy in my eyes

Yes you're probably right - could just be coincidence though!!!!

But I've seen plenty of winners of 5f sprints at Chester from high draws. It's a nightmare track but a great racecourse - should have been there today but rearranged for the 26th. Luckily I get there quite often as it's my local flat course.

• Sponsored links:

• smiffyboy said:

Has been took out of the race Saturday and has been entered in 2 separate races on Monday.Brighton and Wolverhampton.
  • smiffyboy said:

Has been took out of the race Saturday and has been entered in 2 separate races on Monday.Brighton and Wolverhampton.
    He will run at wolves mate
  • smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

He will run at wolves mate
    Is that the race you said to look out for?
  • No that was the one spencer fucked up last week good chance on Monday though
  • bobmunro said:

smiffyboy said:

Cheers Bob, I think the draw process is fixed a hannon trained Al Moktoum horse gets drawn in stall 1 bit fishy in my eyes

Yes you're probably right - could just be coincidence though!!!!

But I've seen plenty of winners of 5f sprints at Chester from high draws. It's a nightmare track but a great racecourse - should have been there today but rearranged for the 26th. Luckily I get there quite often as it's my local flat course.

Yeah looking forward to it booked my return train tickets, Florencio can run 6-7f as well so running further round the outside of burning some energy getting across at the start shouldnt effect him too much, hopefully!!!!
  • Gotta back him, be rude not to.
  • I have obviously but gone ew not my style but feel my hands been forced
  • sod each way he's going to win, are you having emotionless today mate ?
  • Yes mate on him already, storm the stars in the st Leger and saraha in the 4:45 lingfield. Trixie
  • Hows your luck 2 non runners in the race and one of them from Stall 11.