Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• I placed 2 trebles late lastnight I just looked at them to check something and noticed the odds have shortened a lot on a few of the horses and as a result bet365 are offering me more than my stake, extra 50% to cash them out before a horse has even run, never seen it before.
  • They must of really shortened up Smiffyboy,I never use the cash out option plus I do a lot of spread betting but would never take a profit by closing a bet.No concrete plans for my horse Sunday yet only that Aiden Coleman is riding at Plumpton that day so cannot ride ours which was part of the plan,plus there are a few other races coming up too that could be options.
  • Good news about the new mark for your horse Smiffyboy,any plans for his next run yet?I was meant to be at Yarmouth today!!!
  • smiffyboy said:

I placed 2 trebles late lastnight I just looked at them to check something and noticed the odds have shortened a lot on a few of the horses and as a result bet365 are offering me more than my stake, extra 50% to cash them out before a horse has even run, never seen it before.

bet365 are usually very generous ;-)
  • Good news about the new mark for your horse Smiffyboy,any plans for his next run yet?I was meant to be at Yarmouth today!!!

I see it got abandoned yesterday but had become a joke there, I'm probably gonna go newmarket thurs or Friday next week so looking forward to that, the revised mark has changed things a bit but hopefully should have something targeted in the next few days, hopefully get 2 more runs in this year.
  • Not when they restrict your bets they not!!! But must admit they do great offers when opening an account
  • That's where you need a private bookie to text a bet 2, bet365 won't normally let you place more than £100 on line.

• Luckily I do have a bookie that will take all my bets
  • Ditto, is Sunday still on the cards
  • Its all last minute, at the moment he has been declared to run.But he will not run with firm in the going and its good,good to firm in places and watering at the moment so Honeyball is checking on the course tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• what's the name again kish?
  • The Geegeez Geegee,Uttoxeter 3.20.
  • I shall be investing.
  • Fingers crossed for a bit of rain and heavy watering. Let's all do a rain dance for killer!!!!!

The dewhurst on the 10th could be interesting, if things pan out right ,Emotionless could be going up against Air Force Blue a race I will look forward to and hopefully will be at
  • edited September 2015
    That's a cracker mate, have backed socialites red tomorrow, he ran in Florencio's race last week, and ran a nice race at Leicester before that. You boys have got to stop owning horses, as I have to follow them.
  • Lol you gotta get in on it can't recommend it any higher, if you have an interest in horse racing then it's the right move get to meet so many knowledgable people. Looking to get involved in another as we speak probably a jumper to cover the winter a few choices on the horizon.

As for Florencio there is a lack of races coming up for him ATM which is frustrating because off 77 he has a real good chance
  • Newmarket usually has a few nice races in the Autumn, and I love that town lives, breaths and smells of horse racing.
  • Don't like the smell of horse shit though
  • My horse has been pulled out tomorrow as the ground is too firm for him........so you can save some money northstandsteve but you must get involved in a horse if you can
  • 3.45 Ayr. Don't Touch e/w
  • Sponsored links:

• sralan said:

3.45 Ayr. Don't Touch e/w

Winner
  • Useful horse.
  • Well done sralan I had the third at 16/1
  • edited September 2015
    3rd or 4th? 3rd was 33/1. Nice one anyway. Got the winner at 8/1
  • Sorry I had 4th,when I watched the race I thought it had come 3rd and didn't wait for the result! My mate got the 2nd at 50/1!!!
  • Killer has he deffinetly been pulled tomorrow still showing up on the betting sites.
  • 4/1 favourite
  • Wen backing the 50-1 second at Ayr doesn't quite make up for a washed out poxy Yarmouth. ARC Racing shouldn't be allowed to manage racecourses.
  • Alan in Racing Post today a trainer on the Tuesday said this track could not cope with any rain so if the the rain forecast for Wednesday happens it will not race Thursday.They were doing on location at Yarmouth on Tuesday and the trainer was Henry Candy
  • Smiffyboy I've been told it's not going yesterday so am on my way to Plumpton for the day