Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• There's a reason stall 11 is a non runner, the draw
  • Had a great day out Chester is a good track right up my street, Florencio never disgraced himself in group company the ground n draw went against him but. A positive run. Happy with it.

Cautious optimism 2:10 ffos las expect to go very well
  • Glad you enjoyed your day smiffyboy and glad Florencio did you proud. You missed a frustrating afternoon at The Valley
  • Cheers mate my mate said the same thing who was there, hospitality at Chester was faultless I made the most of it
  • sod each way he's going to win, are you having emotionless today mate ?

Destroyed the field and never really came off the bridle, class horse, lumping on him ante post for the 2,000 guineas 7/1
  • How did your boy run today Smiffyboy?Ive just got back from my stable day with my two horses and had a fantastic time.Out drinking with trainer last night and saw all the horses work today on the gallops and hopefully one of mine is going next Sunday at Uttoxeter just see how his last piece of work goes Tuesday so havent seen any results today apart from our poxy score!!!
  • Fingers crossed for Sunday mate hope it works out will be routing for him. He ran a creditable race finishing 5th not disgraced, draw n ground went against him too much give in it for him to pick up, beat some of the better horses in the race, chester racecourse is brilliant recommend it highly.
  • Been to Chester a couple times in a private box and there again on the 26th of this month.Really hoping my horse runs Sunday he looked good today
  • Sounds like a not bad run from your boy yesterday Smiffy especially considering the draw
  • Air Force Blue very impressive today.
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP Brown Panther
  • I've watched it back a few times and to be running the bend 4 wide with the worst draw on ground that didn't suit to finish where he did was a positive.

I bet you can't wait for Sunday killer, I hope he runs and runs well for you.
  • Cheers Smiffyboy,will keep you posted
  • RIP Brown Panther, quality horse which has won me a fair share over the last few years,
  • Off to Yarmouth tomorrow for the 3 day Eastern Festival meeting.
    Weather looks absolutely dire. Hope the new track can cope.
  • Absolutely gutted about Brown Panther
  • Nicholas said:

RIP Brown Panther, quality horse which has won me a fair share over the last few years,

Same here.
    Was only telling my better half today about it being Michael Owen horse.
  • Michael Owen breed it.
  • See you there Thursday Alan
  • Fern grove 14/1 tomorrow at Wolves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was 16's with bet365
  • edited September 2015
    A decision will be made at 10 whether he runs or not don't go mad but has a chance if he runs, handicapped very well.
  • The Brian Ellison horse has attracted a lot of attention and brought the price right in, either something is known or punters are following the trend and so other horses ain't attracting anyone making the prices drift.
  • I could of got round quicker than Ferngrove
  • I could of got round quicker than Ferngrove

I think I could've got round quicker carrying ferngrove.
  • Sorry lads horse is a donkey needs putting in tesco burgers
  • edited September 2015
    No need for apologies.
    Having a very limited knowledge myself I find the info on this thread helpful, even though it costs me, I won't bet what I can't afford.
    The high draw on 5f at Chester as a minus being the latest thing I've learnt.
  • smiffyboy said:

Sorry lads horse is a donkey needs putting in tesco burgers

Being with Warren maybe novice hurdling is on the agenda.
  • smiffyboy said:

Sorry lads horse is a donkey needs putting in tesco burgers

Being with Warren maybe novice hurdling is on the agenda.
    Think that's a good shout Starin strange choice for a flat horse otherwise.

Any news on Sundays run killer?

The handicapper has decided to reduce Florencio's mark to 77 will take that all day long, after a crap draw on crap ground making a handicap debut in a group 3 and finishing 4 lengths off the winner is a right touch, just improved his chances of winning again