Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt - (ed. page 16. Confirmed, 3 1/2 year deal)

Comments

• Options
    Hope he comes in and scores dozens of goals, sets up a few more and gets a hat trick at Millwall. I hope he joins Hewie as a Scottish cap while with Charlton.

But it won't be at no cost. If nothing else there is the opportunity cost ie "you've got Watt, why do you need X, y or Z as well?"

People are quite rightly posting their doubts based on previous internal network transfers and the reputation that Watt has earned (perhaps unfairly, perhaps not) as being a poor trainer lacking the right attitude to make the most of his talent.

I think as a brit London might suit him better and a medium size club with fewer stars and less adoring fans/hangers on than at Celtic could be the making of him and I wish him only well.

Who's that scoring goals?
    Who's that scoring goals?
    Tony, Tony, Tony Watt
    Tony, Tony, Tony Watt.
  • Options
    Whether he knuckles down and trains or uses us as a convenient interuption for visits to London nightclubs, he is not the type of target striker we need.
  • Options

Whether he knuckles down and trains or uses us as a convenient interuption for visits to London nightclubs, he is not the type of target striker we need.

What type of striker is he?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Church was seen crying in the car park and mopping up his tears with his right foot.

Watt is no lose for us. I actually think he will view this as an excellent opportunity to get himself back established in the British game and I'm sure BP or RD has told him that. Think he will be a good addition.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

And why is that exactly?

If you mean he's not a target man, then yes you're right. But we haven't got a great deal of choice up top have we?

Can't rely on veto all the time. Who replaces him when he's injured, off form, not scoring etc, etc?
  • Options

Southbank said:

Really don't understand some of you lot. We are desperate for a striker and Watt is available through Roland's network. He's british so won't take too long to settle and ok has an attitude. Di Canio came with attitude and he did ok. I like players with a bit of attitude if it can be focussed in the right direction. When this guy fails then let him have it with both barrels but until then I think you should be glad we've got him and give him some support.

He is 'available' because he has been no use.
    To Standard maybe but who knows for us. You obviously don't want him to succeed. You've made up your mind. Before you say you do want him to succeed explain why you won't give him a chance.

I despair of this place sometimes.

Of course I want him to succeed.What I don't like is that we have been half promised proper reinforcements in January.If it turns out to be another lot of Standard misfits coming our way my guess is that proper disillusionment will set in.
    Next month will determine how the mass of fans will think about the RD regime. It is a big month for RD and Charlton and I really hope he does not let the side down.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Southbank said:

Really don't understand some of you lot. We are desperate for a striker and Watt is available through Roland's network. He's british so won't take too long to settle and ok has an attitude. Di Canio came with attitude and he did ok. I like players with a bit of attitude if it can be focussed in the right direction. When this guy fails then let him have it with both barrels but until then I think you should be glad we've got him and give him some support.

To Standard maybe but who knows for us. You obviously don't want him to succeed. You've made up your mind. Before you say you do want him to succeed explain why you won't give him a chance.

Of course I want him to succeed.What I don't like is that we have been half promised proper reinforcements in January.If it turns out to be another lot of Standard misfits coming our way my guess is that proper disillusionment will set in.
    Next month will determine how the mass of fans will think about the RD regime. It is a big month for RD and Charlton and I really hope he does not let the side down.
    The bloke appears to be a young, very promising striker. Let's see if he fucks about with the likes of Bob, Jackson and TBH in his ear. If he knuckles down, we could have a gem.
  • Options
    Don't think it can hurt to see what we can get out of Watt. The way Igor is playing at the moment we could do with a real alternative in addition to a foil. Watt is that alternative. George could yet prove to be a decent foil.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

The synisism of any signing lately is getting ridiculous

Where has anyone actually written him off? It's a fact that the last five managers he's been under have said that his attitude is shite. If fans can't question a transfer subject like that then we can never question any transfer ever.

We could pass him down to St.Truiden if it doesn’t work out (Ujpest if he really messes with us)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southbank said:

Southbank said:

Where has this half promise been documented? To the best of my knowledge, the only comment has been "yes we are looking for a striker, but they are expensive".

There was also a rumour around 5 incoming players.

Neither of the above in my book, constitues any
    sort of promise.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Southbank said:

Yoni is a Standard Misfit is he ?

• Options
    Sorry SHG, flagged your last comment by mistake with cold fingers on my iPhone. Think I've managed to cancel it but can't be sure.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Hopper hasnt set the World alight sice his move from Celtic-----i dont expect Watt will either, but it makes sense that we should try him out rather than spending £2mill (or whatever) on another Delort and it be a feck up.
  • Options
    There's only a small difference between T.Watt and Twat. I reckon we'll be finding out soon enough.
  • Options
    This man is going to be the guy to fire us into the play offs. Heard it here first.
  • Options

Southbank said:

Southbank said:

Yoni is a Standard Misfit is he ?

And tbh has been terrible
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, @hudson-son-son‌ said on 28th July...

Wonder if Tony Watt will end up here if he struggles settling in Belgium.

• Options
    kevtherev said:

Killer came to Charlton with a bad reputation and labeled as unmanageable and look how that turned out

Kermorgant came as crap and look at how that turned out

Have we signed this fella' then ?
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Well, @hudson-son-son‌ said on 28th July...

Wonder if Tony Watt will end up here if he struggles settling in Belgium.

Well it's a shame but when any British player goes abroad you expect them to come back pretty quickly so it was always a likely option. I am an oracle though.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

kevtherev said:

Killer came to Charlton with a bad reputation and labeled as unmanageable and look how that turned out

Kermorgant came as crap and look at how that turned out

Have we signed this fella' then ?
    I think it is as good as done. He was there yesterday watching wearing Charlton training clothes.
  • Options
    Maybe the presence of Tony watt inspired Tucadean yesterday. Best I've seen of him yet!
  • Options

Maybe the presence of Tony watt inspired Tucadean yesterday. Best I've seen of him yet!

Or George now has the fitness levels that are needed in this league?
  • Options
    George will come good, he has the desire to play for us from what I have seen of him,
    not the finished article, but he's young and playing in a foreign country, can only see him get better.
  • Options
    If I had a quid for every time someone on here said don't write a player off when no one was actually writing them off.... I could probably afford to sign Charlton a new decent striker
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2014
    Some players just need the right manager to get the best out of them. In this case, if the move is confirmed, lets hope that Bob Peeters is that man for Tony Watt.
  • Options

If I had a quid for every time someone on here said don't write a player off when no one was actually writing them off.... I could probably afford to sign Charlton a new decent striker

What do we want a decent striker for when there are all those cast offs out there?