Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt - (ed. page 16. Confirmed, 3 1/2 year deal)

Comments

• Options

Surely he has to play before we write him off

Hardly.
  • Options

heard someone say Standard would be paying his wages whilst he was here, if so then surely its a win win

But therein possibly lies the problem.

Charlton may need a player and Duchatelet/whoever say bring one over from the 'network' so it saves on a transfer fee.

Surely if we get a player like Watt without us using any of our wage budget surely its a no lose situation, if he plays well we have a good player for the rest of the season, and if he dont he is used of the bench like Bulot and we have more depth on the bench

at the end of the day if it costs us nothing I am all for it
    I'll cast my mind back to January with the 'quality' that came in then on a foc basis.
  • Options

heard someone say Standard would be paying his wages whilst he was here, if so then surely its a win win

Not if he has a negative effect overall within the squad because of his attitude.
  • Options
    Fuck him then let someone else try with him and when they get it right and he scores our own resident stylist can start a new thread on his achievements,

So far the noises are he is here he will be signing and we won't be paying his wages

What's to not like
  • Options
    Young, knows where the net is, free. What's not to like?

Also remember an aggressive not so nice centre forward who did quite well here.
    I see TW has also grown a beard. The omens are good I tell you.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Not seen Watt play apart from "that" goal. Reputed to be quick but unlikely to be the hold up player we need. Looking at Belgian Pro league, apart from ageing de Camargo who is SL top scorer, best fit seems to be Laurent Depoitre 26, who gets one every 2.5 starts and is 6'3". Would take both him and TW. AA getting splinters so is he fit? Can't see past BPL for players.

I'd take watt and adjarevic bit I'm hoping there will be a third who is much like vetokele. In that he is from somewhere in Europe a relative unknown but clearly quality and we have to slash a bit of cash to get him.. although no too much cash..
    Relax, it's not your money, Rolly is loaded. :-)
    Yes but with ffp still pretty tight for another year we can't spend over the odds.. and so we don't wanna blow it all on one guy as we might need to spend a little on a cb or others...

Also it's always satisfying to build a squad without over sprnding!
    That was a bit tongue in cheek because I don't ever see Rolly throwing his money around willy nilly, Igor being the exception. From what we know about him so far he buys em young with potential and a view to developing them before selling on for profit.

Most of the young loans to us from the network have not been a rip roaring success thus far (Thuram, Nego, Pete, and jury still out on Bullot and George) but time will tell. Let's see if Watt signs, he can redress that imbalance, I sincerely hope he does.

Keep those seat belts fastened for the ''bumpy ride ahead".
    Hate to say but I cant see where the bumpy ride is... We're free of Administration, we're complying with FFP (with fines etc... now coming into force), we may be sliding down the table a bit but am sure Peeters will address that and stabilise us, we've had a lot worse in recent years (i.e. Bally Smart having to be signed on a Non-Contract deal because we couldn't afford to give him better, thats the sort of deal that a Non-League side has to make)

No doubt we are better off with Roland than the last two schisters.

said that from the start and that in the medium term we'll be ok under RD but IMHO there will be a bumpy ride.

And that has already happened. 3 coaches in 3 months, lots of first teamers leaving, lots of loans and transfers from the network, good players like Igor and JBG coming in from outside the network, new pitch, redundancies, new catering and a tiny squad hit by injuries. Add the changes in FFP to that.

still pro RD but the phrase "bumpy ride" comes from the evidence so far that we are going to see a lot of changes and set backs as well as moves forward rather than a glorious, no problem march to the premiership

Hence bumpy ride.

Charlton may need a player and Duchatelet/whoever say bring one over from the 'network' so it saves on a transfer fee.

Surely if we get a player like Watt without us using any of our wage budget surely its a no lose situation, if he plays well we have a good player for the rest of the season, and if he dont he is used of the bench like Bulot and we have more depth on the bench

If he is sold to us as the forward we have been promised since August but actually he is just a crap reserve with attitude problems,I would say we have been fed bullshit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really don't understand some of you lot. We are desperate for a striker and Watt is available through Roland's network. He's british so won't take too long to settle and ok has an attitude. Di Canio came with attitude and he did ok. I like players with a bit of attitude if it can be focussed in the right direction. When this guy fails then let him have it with both barrels but until then I think you should be glad we've got him and give him some support.
  • Options

Really don't understand some of you lot. We are desperate for a striker and Watt is available through Roland's network. He's british so won't take too long to settle and ok has an attitude. Di Canio came with attitude and he did ok. I like players with a bit of attitude if it can be focussed in the right direction. When this guy fails then let him have it with both barrels but until then I think you should be glad we've got him and give him some support.

He is 'available' because he has been no use.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

To Standard maybe but who knows for us. You obviously don't want him to succeed. You've made up your mind. Before you say you do want him to succeed explain why you won't give him a chance.

I despair of this place sometimes.

• Options

I'll cast my mind back to January with the 'quality' that came in then on a foc basis.
    No, Paulie's right here, there's nothing to worry about. If Watt comes in and is crap then he won't play. This will have cost us nothing. People seem to assume that by getting in Watt we won't be getting anyone else in but there's nothing to say that. If we were buying two cheap strikers instead of the one decent striker we need in order to save money then I'd be concerned but we could sign Watt and Wood or Watt and Aguero, the cost for Watt would still be the same. Cheer up!
  • Options
    After the Andy Delort saga, I promised myself I wouldn't post on the TWattt thread... I didn't last long.
  • Options
    Even if he signs, doesn't mean Watt will play - whether or not Powell was pressured to play network players, Big Bob most certainly isn't, just look how much time Bulot has spent on the bench, Wilson or a fit Moussa has been the preferred midfield sub. If he turns out to have a big ego and nothing to justify it... he'll just not play. If he knuckles down and shows the talent he's definitely got hidden under the Billy Big Bollocks attitude, so much the better, another striker is a definite must have in our position.
  • Options
    Talent wise, logistics, wage, position make it all seem a good and obvious signing but with his apparent issues I'm not sure London is the best place to bring him to in all honesty. Worth a go though.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

You could say that about every player who has ever been a free agent. Doesn't mean he won't come here or somewhere else and do a good job.
  • Options
    Given that both clubs are owned by the same person, can someone please explain to me the difference between 'Charlton are paying the wages' and 'Standard are paying the wages'? It helps for ffp but in the real world it doesnt really make a difference.

It's a reallocation of resources within Staprix group, one that we as a fanbase need to get used to. But there is no obvious reason why it would mean any other transfers in January.

Im happy for him to come, hope he does well here, but lets not pretend this is something it's not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whether Staprix are footing the bill or not, CAFC and RSDL are two different football clubs and therefore operate differently and have different wage structures and financial differences. It's like me working for Topman and then going to work for Miss Selfridge. Sure, they are both owned by Arcadia and are both retailers, but that doesn't mean the way I am paid and the financial implications on the companies from my wages won't make a difference
  • Options
    Guys, forget all about Standard Liege. It's not a nice club, supporters are weird (probably the reason RD wants to get rid of them) and if they get a player with an attitude ... it's not the place that will put him straight. He's a young guy, in Britain again, better atmosphere and with a head coach that will sort him out if needed. However, I think another striker would not be a luxury.
  • Options

Talent wise, logistics, wage, position make it all seem a good and obvious signing but with his apparent issues I'm not sure London is the best place to bring him to in all honesty. Worth a go though.

Surely gotta be better than Belgium for him..
  • Options
    Hey but guys, Reza might keep him out the side.

...LOL
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Whether Staprix are footing the bill or not, CAFC and RSDL are two different football clubs and therefore operate differently and have different wage structures and financial differences. It's like me working for Topman and then going to work for Miss Selfridge. Sure, they are both owned by Arcadia and are both retailers, but that doesn't mean the way I am paid and the financial implications on the companies from my wages won't make a difference

If you work on the shopfloor, maybe.

But if youre, say, the Logistics Manager of Topman and youre seconded to Selfridges by the head of Arcadia for 6 months then not really.

There are tax implications and FFP implications but it's not free. If it was Anderlecht paying his wages it might be free.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

• Options
    He'll be as happy as Larry after 5 months staring at the walls in The Marriott Bexleyheath