Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton away

Comments

• Options
    Does anyone know if you can purchase on the gate?
  • Options
    Anyone know someone good to park?
  • Options

Still selling tickets for collection only till 3pm today. I assume the club will officially say this afternoon, but that should be the case. It was last year, so no reason why not.
  • Options

Still selling tickets for collection only till 3pm today. I assume the club will officially say this afternoon, but that should be the case. It was last year, so no reason why not.
    Lovely cheers
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Anyone know someone good to park?

There's nowhere nearby that I'm aware of, so last time I used the park and ride at Mithras House (Brighton Uni). Dead easy, though you need to leg it at the end unless you're staying for a drink or don't mind queuing.
  • Options
    Nice new ground very good facilities up on the downs at Falmer hence parking issues and rail 'shuttle' service can take the gloss off the match day experience. Went by coach last time, straight in and straight out without any hassle and doing the same again on Saturday.
  • Options
    1944 sold
  • Options
    Tickets arrived today. Ended up with 3 Watford tickets in my name that I didn't pay for, and an U10 that I definitely didn't ask for considering i'm 29! Anyone know what they usually do in these circumstances? Never had a problem before with tickets.
  • Options
    meant to add the U10 was for Brighton & instead of an Adult
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Nice new ground very good facilities up on the downs at Falmer hence parking issues and rail 'shuttle' service can take the gloss off the match day experience. Went by coach last time, straight in and straight out without any hassle and doing the same again on Saturday.

I went there in April expecting massive queues for the train at Brighton, and found no problems at all. Indeed I've sometimes had to wait longer for a train a Charlton station, especially after evening matches when the frequency isn't so good
  • Options
    edited August 2014

RedChaser said:

I went there in April expecting massive queues for the train at Brighton, and found no problems at all. Indeed I've sometimes had to wait longer for a train a Charlton station, especially after evening matches when the frequency isn't so good
    Fair enough mate you can only speak as you find like this Forest fan did in an extract from the 'Football Grounds Guide' but maybe it has since improved.
    Rob Haynes a visiting Nottingham Forest Fan also found going by train frustrating; 'We stayed in Brighton so walked to the station and arrived at 13.30 to find a huge queue snaking around the concourse. Whilst it generally quite well organised it didn't add much to the pre-match experience to have to stand and wait for such a long period before getting on a packed train to the ground. Fans that left it later no doubt had an even longer wait. After the game we walked straight from the away end to the train station. At 6pm (the game finished before 5pm) I was finally moving and on my way into Brighton centre. All generally organised okay but again such a frustrating wait and such a waste of time! Trains again jammed back to Brighton.
  • Options
    I think our transport issues are execrated to be honest, it was bad year 1, but settled down as most people have a routine and it will be always be a slight issue to move 25-28k people in a short space of time.
  • Options
    Bolton away (by public transport) was worse afterwards, there was nothing to do at the ground, the area is a dull trading estate, and after a fair wait at the station the 'extra' train laid on to get you from Horwich to Bolton (where you had to change again for Manchester) was a 2 car Pacer (well I had to include that bit of info)
  • Options
    If we want to watch the United v Burnley game are we better drinking in Brighton and then getting the train to Lewes or going straight to Lewes ? Did anyone stay behind last year after the game, if so is it worth it ? I can't imagine ever wanting to stay behind and drink at the Valley but Brighton might be a different matter !
  • Options
    You are most welcome in the concourse after the game, North Stand, West Stand, all open to away fans, Big TV's on the wall to watch the games and also details of the train times as well, think we are the only club the country to have maybe 5-6k still in ground after the game, drinking real ale and good food.
  • Options
    Brighton away last year was the pits - probably the worst ground i've ever experienced in terms of getting to and away from.
    Ended up parking in the Mithras? car park only to find the park-and-ride had stopped ! Had to get an ordinary bus from there. The excuse given by Brighton' staff' was 'well, you were late', of which was retort was ' i was at the ground an hour before the game started and had to ponce around trying to find somewhere to park'
    Getting away from the ground was a nightmare - getting out of Colditz would have been easier. Over-burdened trains, Buses full - cant walk away from ground because of its position.
    A total nightmare.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    They keep the bars open after the game for a reason but you can't blame them for identifying the additional revenue opportunity. :-0
    Edit; I must say though the matchday experience at the Amex is like chalk and cheese compared to the Withdean. How on earth that running track and it's so called facilities were approved by the Football League still beggars belief.
  • Options
    Think to be fair, as stated you have to get there in time, 1 hour before is a bit tight. Also we had no choice on where our new ground was situated and we have a Green council so limited car parking and emphasis on public transport. To try to balance things a bit, took me over an hour to get on a train at Charlton a couple of years back as the station was rammed and last year parked near the ground, but it to ages to get out near Charlton park at a road junction, the price you have to pay sometimes when supporting your team. Hope you have a better experience this time, or maybe you will not come again ?
  • Options
    I wasnt planning on going due to travel and ticket price BUT my apprentice has managed to bag a couple of free tickets from a Brighton player he lived next door to
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Tickets arrived today. Ended up with 3 Watford tickets in my name that I didn't pay for, and an U10 that I definitely didn't ask for considering i'm 29! Anyone know what they usually do in these circumstances? Never had a problem before with tickets.

What you need to do is ask the public on a forum instead of contacting the ticket staff at the club. Much quicker and more accurate way of getting an answer.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

If we want to watch the United v Burnley game are we better drinking in Brighton and then getting the train to Lewes or going straight to Lewes ? Did anyone stay behind last year after the game, if so is it worth it ? I can't imagine ever wanting to stay behind and drink at the Valley but Brighton might be a different matter !

I think you mean Falmer not Lewes. There's nothing near the ground at Falmer.
    We stayed behind last year and had a couple of pints in a Sports Bar, it was okish, but only "cushioned benches" to sit on or stand.
    We're going to go to Lewes pre match for a change & Brighton after.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

What you need to do is ask the public on a forum instead of contacting the ticket staff at the club. Much quicker and more accurate way of getting an answer.
    Considering how much time it takes to get through to the ticket office sometimes it probably was, thanks!
  • Options

se9addick said:

We stayed behind last year and had a couple of pints in a Sports Bar, it was okish, but only "cushioned benches" to sit on or stand.
    Got ya, cheers. Might stick around and watch the first half of the Chelsea/Everton game at the stadium then.

What special beer did they get in for us last year ?
  • Options
    is that it for tickets now, or they available on the door does anyone know?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Got ya, cheers. Might stick around and watch the first half of the Chelsea/Everton game at the stadium then.

What special beer did they get in for us last year ?
    London Pride I think, though I prefer Harvey's anyway!
  • Options
    I have booked the 523 train from Brighton. Any idea if i'm going to have to leave before the end to make this?
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I have booked the 523 train from Brighton. Any idea if i'm going to have to leave before the end to make this?

About half time should be alright :-) Sorry don't know but couldn't resist, let's ask a local @worthingalbion‌
  • Options
    Where's everyone drinking?