Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton away

Comments

• Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

If we want to watch the United v Burnley game are we better drinking in Brighton and then getting the train to Lewes or going straight to Lewes ? Did anyone stay behind last year after the game, if so is it worth it ? I can't imagine ever wanting to stay behind and drink at the Valley but Brighton might be a different matter !

I think you mean Falmer not Lewes. There's nothing near the ground at Falmer.
    We stayed behind last year and had a couple of pints in a Sports Bar, it was okish, but only "cushioned benches" to sit on or stand.
    We're going to go to Lewes pre match for a change & Brighton after.
    Got ya, cheers. Might stick around and watch the first half of the Chelsea/Everton game at the stadium then.

What special beer did they get in for us last year ?
    London Pride I think, though I prefer Harvey's anyway!
    That famous beer from south east London ;-)
  • Options
    Thanks chaser, I feel you may not be far off! Will teach me to go for the cheapo train ticket! 8 quid from eltham!
  • Options
    Have you got postcodes for the park and ride?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Redrobo said:

Have you got postcodes for the park and ride?

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/brighton_and_hove_albion/index.htm
    'The Club are encouraging fans to use the Park & Ride services located at three different locations; Mill Road (BN1 8ZF), Brighton Racecourse (BN2 9XZ) and Mithras House at Brighton University (BN2 4AT)'.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    you will get arrested and put away m8
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
  • Options
    Hopefully be a better atmosphere this year. Last seasons fixture really was weird, a strange animosity between everyone in the away end....
  • Options
    Anyone know if you can buy on gate? Bit worried now? I know I asked this earlier? Or can I buy and pick up?
  • Options

Hopefully be a better atmosphere this year. Last seasons fixture really was weird, a strange animosity between everyone in the away end....

Kicked off a bit last year
  • Options

Anyone know if you can buy on gate? Bit worried now? I know I asked this earlier? Or can I buy and pick up?

@CAFCTickets: UPDATE Tickets for @OfficialBHAFC away will be on sale on the day. Around 350 left. No increase in ticket prices. #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

Kicked off a bit last year
    amongst ourselves or with Brighton?
  • Options
    When the Brighton fan on here mentions the bars being open after the game for both sets of fans he is slightly wrong.
    Last year we weren't allowed in to the bars as there was Charlton fans having a row with each other in our end during the game. you can only get in if we have all behaved ourselves.

also getting away from the ground is a complete f*cking nightmare. Been twice and both times I just think how the hell can these Brighton fans put up with this every other week.
  • Options
    Don't have to queue up if your getting train after 5:35ish.

Went into the Brighton north stand after the game last year everyone seemed happy and friendly enough.
  • Options
    If my tickets haven't arrived yet should I be expecting them to be arriving tomorrow? Don't usually order tickets but my mate got them.
  • Options

se9addick said:

If we want to watch the United v Burnley game are we better drinking in Brighton and then getting the train to Lewes or going straight to Lewes ? Did anyone stay behind last year after the game, if so is it worth it ? I can't imagine ever wanting to stay behind and drink at the Valley but Brighton might be a different matter !

I think you mean Falmer not Lewes. There's nothing near the ground at Falmer.
    We stayed behind last year and had a couple of pints in a Sports Bar, it was okish, but only "cushioned benches" to sit on or stand.
    We're going to go to Lewes pre match for a change & Brighton after.
    Lewes is great for a drink, The Royal Oak is 2 minutes from the station then head into the high street.
  • Options

I wasnt planning on going due to travel and ticket price BUT my apprentice has managed to bag a couple of free tickets from a Brighton player he lived next door to

Congratulations, Lord Sugar.

• Options
    I'll tell you what, sing a few songs about their boyfriends outside the ground, they love a bit of banter and they'll probably just wave you through.
  • Options

When the Brighton fan on here mentions the bars being open after the game for both sets of fans he is slightly wrong.
    Last year we weren't allowed in to the bars as there was Charlton fans having a row with each other in our end during the game. you can only get in if we have all behaved ourselves.

also getting away from the ground is a complete f*cking nightmare. Been twice and both times I just think how the hell can these Brighton fans put up with this every other week.

I wandered into one of the home areas after the game fine :-)

But yes, it was ridiculous, Charlton fans having a ruck with themselves, and acting like complete dickheads. Worse than this board :-)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I have booked the 523 train from Brighton. Any idea if i'm going to have to leave before the end to make this?

About half time should be alright :-) Sorry don't know but couldn't resist, let's ask a local @worthingalbion‌
    I would say very tight, normally if you go straight after final whistle you will have a 30 mins wait, leave 5 mins before the end, should be ok...just
  • Options

RedChaser said:

I have booked the 523 train from Brighton. Any idea if i'm going to have to leave before the end to make this?

About half time should be alright :-) Sorry don't know but couldn't resist, let's ask a local @worthingalbion‌
    I would say very tight, normally if you go straight after final whistle you will have a 30 mins wait, leave 5 mins before the end, should be ok...just
    Cheers for getting back, which @superclive will appreciate and thanks for all the help and advice earlier. Enjoy the game which hopefully will be a little tighter than last season when our short term manager seemed to be targeting certain games to keep us up and yours wasn't one of them :-( After Saturday all the best for the rest of the season :-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When the Amex was in the development phase there must have been a meeting at which someone said, 'As long as half the crowd leaves five minutes early it will be fine'.
    Bizarre arrangement.
  • Options

Well my Charlton mates had a drink with me in the North stand after last year, but I do know that if there is trouble then they will not let you in, but if you don't have a Charlton scarf/top, how do they know. I was not aware of any issues with Charlton last year, but if you were in the away end, you know better than me.

We put up with it (and its not that bad, have you not been Arsenal, West Ham, Wembley, all worst), as its a lovely ground, better than Withdean and voted the best ground in the Championship. Think you have to be sensible and follow the advice of people like me, ie get there early if catching train from Brighton, or if in a hurry after, then leave right on time or just before if you want to get to Brighton quickly, if no, stay and have a beer. I normally stay for a beer or 2 and wander down to station at about 17:30 - 17:45, and no issues, but I can assure you its not that bad, if you plan for it. Hope for a good game this year, as you were the worst team I saw last year, hear your are much improved. Not sure what we will be like, loads of new quality signings, but it will take time to blend, so maybe a draw, cant see us playing as bad as we did against Wednesday, were so poor, but they beat us with one attack and one shot. Leeds were awful as well, same as Birningham, so looking forward to playing Charlton, as apart from last year, always a good football team.
  • Options
    Very impressed with the new ground at Brighton when I visited a couple of seasons ago. Nice to visit a new ground that does not look like the same design (Southampton, Leicester, Derby, Boro) just different colour seats. As others have stated it can be a pain in the arse to get out of either by train or car but fair play to Brighton for the post match facilities they have on offer if you want to wait for the to crowds to clear. Always had time for Brighton. Still think the £32 they are charging is a bit much. Then again are we charging them £30 when they come to our place this season as I'm sure it's down as a grade a game?
  • Options
    Thanks @worthingalbion‌ I'll leave 5 mins early. If I miss it I think its only 10 pounds and ill have a beer at the station.
  • Options
    You do get park and ride or bus/Train travel included in the ticket, which costs the club between £4/5 per person, so to be honest its cheaper that the away end at Charlton, and you can see the pitch (sorry the away end at Charlton is great fun, but view is appalling, especially when we are losing) and we give you padded seats and local real ale. Good value in my book. Went to Leeds last week, £39 to sit in that stand, was scandalous.....
  • Options
    hello worthingalbion, i've paid £13 for a parking spot at the Bridge car park (500 yard walk) any idea what it's like after the game to get away ?

had an old school pal who supported Brighton and my first ever non Charlton match was this one at the Goldstone , no goals for Brighton but mental crowd surges as a 15 year old behind the goal when brighton attacked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOIaVIh3mQU
  • Options
    I have parked in there once and it took about 30 mins to walk from the ground and get out. I can assure you its more that 500 yards, takes about 10 mins to walk it. There is a small road tunnel to go through, but it is quite well stewarded after the game.
  • Options
    Early train to Brighton (£6 open day return from Blackfriars), few beers in The North Laine, train to the Amex, (hopefully) a win, few beers at the ground while waiting for the crowds to die down, train back to Brighton, few beers, train to London...sorted.
  • Options
    me and my mates have got tickets for Row W anyone know how the rows work at the amex?
  • Options
    will it be near the back (hopefully as would like to stand)