Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton away

1235»

Comments

• Options

me and my mates have got tickets for Row W anyone know how the rows work at the amex?

A at the front, would be traditional ;-)

Actually I did search for pictures of the away end, because I'm in row T, which based on my counting looked like the back row, so you must be in the coach park.
  • Options

Early train to Brighton (£6 open day return from Blackfriars), few beers in The North Laine, train to the Amex, (hopefully) a win, few beers at the ground while waiting for the crowds to die down, train back to Brighton, few beers, train to London...sorted.

Snap
  • Options
    Uboat said:

me and my mates have got tickets for Row W anyone know how the rows work at the amex?

A at the front, would be traditional ;-)

Actually I did search for pictures of the away end, because I'm in row T, which based on my counting looked like the back row, so you must be in the coach park.
    I'm in row T as well - siddarn

Last year I think I was in row Y so I'm guessing W would be between the two....
  • Options
    Anyone remember the days when going to football was simple?
  • Options

are yes, i remember the time when i said about 12ish to my dad that if we leave now we could still get to brighton for the game...se london to the goldstone seemed a good idea though tast was questionable when the 7th goal went in..

• Options

About 1985
  • Options
    edited August 2014

About 1985
    Even simpler in Oct 1961 when I was in short trousers and we had a nice little 5-3 win at the Goldstone :-)
  • Options
    Change of plan. We were going from Victoria to Lewes (or could have done Brighton), cost about £21.
    I saw earlier on here that Blackfriars to Brighton is about £9.90 return, £6.60 with a railcard. So booked online & collect from any machine.
    So Brighton it is :-)
  • Options

I have booked the 523 train from Brighton. Any idea if i'm going to have to leave before the end to make this?

I've just booked Super Off Peak Day Returns & although I thought I was booked on specific trains, there's no times on the train tickets and with said tickets, you can travel on nearly any train to & from Blackfriars.
  • Options

Thanks @worthingalbion‌ I'll leave 5 mins early. If I miss it I think its only 10 pounds and ill have a beer at the station.

The station is next door to the stadium & it's like Charlton station, there's nothing there, certainly not a bar (unless I'm mistaken).

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Thanks @worthingalbion‌ I'll leave 5 mins early. If I miss it I think its only 10 pounds and ill have a beer at the station.

The station is next door to the stadium & it's like Charlton station, there's nothing there, certainly not a bar (unless I'm mistaken).

I think he meant a beer at Brighton station.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I think he meant a beer at Brighton station.
    Probably, I'm getting a bit thick :-(
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    What do you mean getting :-) Have you tried 'Night Nurse' :-))
  • Options
    Wonder what trains are like going towards Hastings after the game?
  • Options
    Tomorrow's linesman has offered me a free ticket and a parking space. Wasn't going to go, am now. Result.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Tomorrow's linesman has offered me a free ticket and a parking space. Wasn't going to go, am now. Result.

nobble him , is he your mate who we've had before ...who does he support ?
  • Options
    Yeah, he's run the line at The Valley when we played Norwich once.

No team really, an affection for Arsenal.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Yeah, he's run the line at The Valley when we played Norwich once.

No team really, an affection for Arsenal.

He should favour us then with the new strip from the back :-0
  • Options
    How many are you taking to Brighton?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sold 2000 so far, can be argued not too good, although it is raining as I look out the window.............................
  • Options
    Gonna be a few short of the 2,600+ the maaaasives brought to Brighton but don't forget all your fans live in Sheffield London Brighton
  • Options
    Got a train from Victoria to Brighton and then Brighton to falmer, is that right?
  • Options

Got a train from Victoria to Brighton and then Brighton to falmer, is that right?

Yes
  • Options
    edited August 2014

It's about £21 return Victoria to Brighton & £9.90 Blackfriars to Brighton. Well it was last night on trainline.com.
  • Options

Sold 2000 so far, can be argued not too good, although it is raining as I look out the window.............................
    Bare in mind london bridge station being shut is not ideal for quite a few people. Will be close to a sellout
  • Options

It's about £21 from Victoria to Brighton & £9.90 Blackfriars to Brighton. Well it was last night on trainline.com.
    Booked tickets in the week was 26 :|
  • Options

The usual, me the missus and a couple of lads, so about 4.