Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Press Day Today (24th Aug, page 31)

Comments

• Options
    Shame he wasn't asked about his involvement with the agency.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Kevin Nugent is no longer at the Training Ground. I don't know if he is on gardening leave or has left completely.

I thought he'd been sent to Coventry.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Kevin Nugent is no longer at the Training Ground. I don't know if he is on gardening leave or has left completely.

Shame they haven't at least thanked him in the OS.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Shame they haven't at least thanked him in the OS.
    Not officially left yet, I guess
  • Options
    2-3 injuries and a suspension to key players and our squad is looking short on quality again. Going to be a tough game on saturday.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Ah well. Who would want Kevin Nugent when you can have Chris O'Loughlin?

Yes, particularly when you look at his record when he was in charge.
  • Options
    All this talk about injuries gives me a feeling of dejavue - we had all this last season. Do we have more injuries than other teams? Or do we have less resiliance due to Roland's insistence on low squad numbers.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 2h2 hours ago
    More
    PRESS DAY | Karl Robinson will sit down with the local media at around 11am this morning to preview Saturday's game at Bolton #cafc
  • Options
    I have seen the video and Robinson doesn't seem his chipper best. What we can say is that there will be no Marquee signing. Patrick Baeur has just started training today, doubt he will play Saturday. There is a lot of not answering questions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:

I have seen the video and Robinson doesn't seem his chipper best. What we can say is that there will be no Marquee signing. Patrick Baeur has just started training today, doubt he will play Saturday. There is a lot of not answering questions.

Where is the video available @dickplumb ?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2017

dickplumb said:

Where is the video available @dickplumb ?
    Facebook page
  • Options
    ^^this
  • Options
    'Nobody's thrown the towel in yet'. He means promotion.
    I fear with losing our two topscorers, one gone and one to medium length injury, and not replacing either that is exactly what the club has done.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

'Nobody's thrown the towel in yet'. He means promotion.
    I fear with losing our two topscorers, one gone and one to medium length injury, and not replacing either that is exactly what the club has done.

They threw the towel in with Slade in the last transfer window. We didn't go into the season with a squad capable of an attack on promotion. Doesn't look likely it's going to be addressed even now. I wish it indicated they were off, but this is par for the course for the regime. We can only hope something gives.
  • Options
    After we signed Byrne this is what I posted

cabbles
    January 9
    I'm gonna stick my neck on the line and say that's it for incomings now. Unless anyone else leaves

Did Paige come in after Byrne?

Roland's Charlton everyone, Roland's Charlton
  • Options
    Just as we were told in the Championship but a division lower. We will wait for a season where we are near the auto spaces come January and that will be the year we splash the cash to get over the line. Unfortunately as we never have the right squad going into the season it will never happen. It's Roland's way and if you don't like it, tough.
  • Options
    called it from the start that he was gonna be another failure, and hes proving it were sitting 14th and admittedly not all his fault but have a bit of respect to the fans of the club and don't play a weekly game of bullshit bingo, and he was warned but no this was going to be different its a sad state of affairs at charlton, but have no sympathy with any manager that comes in as they are told before. in a way it might do us a favour for him to fail and then he seems like a bloke that wont keep his gob shut so hopefully can give a lot more info away after his departure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't know why anyone expects anything different. I guess some just want to be positive that it'll somehow be different this time.

Every window starts promising, the manager talks about bringing in a few more and it never happens. I'm hoping for those final signings KR wants but I imagine only real chance of getting them is if we get rid of a few, Ba and Ajose perhaps.
  • Options
    Oh dear, he seems a bit pissed off. Players leaving, no sign of anyone else joining. No sign of players returning from injury before tomorrow, except maybe Novak. Who are these "big boys" he is talking about that we have played? I thought we had a top 6 budget, doesn't that make us one of the "big boys"?
  • Options
    He's probably just a bit fed up he just hasn't had time to meet up with fans yet...

• Options
    Nicholas said:

What a plum this bloke is. Like every manager before him he is finally seeing how shit this lot in charge are. I will be laughing when he is sacked in March after more poor form. He has no excuses for when it happens either, he was warned like all the other dickhead managers before him but he thought he could be the hero.

I won't be laughing
  • Options

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialCAFC/

See what you mean @dickplumb

Very much downbeat by his standards, talking about next season, silly window, maybe one player in but maybe not, working with the players he has.

Arms crossed throughout as well.

Anyone think he's been given £4m of the Lookman and Fox money to spend that some claimed or the £400k that was rumoured?

I think Roland now despises Charlton, and doesn't care how he is thought of.

• Options

called it from the start that he was gonna be another failure, and hes proving it were sitting 14th and admittedly not all his fault but have a bit of respect to the fans of the club and don't play a weekly game of bullshit bingo, and he was warned but no this was going to be different its a sad state of affairs at charlton, but have no sympathy with any manager that comes in as they are told before. in a way it might do us a favour for him to fail and then he seems like a bloke that wont keep his gob shut so hopefully can give a lot more info away after his departure.

Nope. All managers sign an NDA when they are sacked (if they want a payoff), and Katrien buys a new pair of shoes.
  • Options
    We have the rest of today, then four days until the stark reality kicks in.
    It will either be a mad rush of spending and transfers to give the team a real boost for the final 20 games, in an attempt to achieve this season.
    or it will be more or less what we fans are used to.
    For Karl it will either be kiddie in a sweetshop, or a heavy dose of reality that he will like as not equivocate into what we were planning all along.
    Or there may be the unlikely scenario where Karl resigns declaring he was conned.
    We are now entering a season defining few days, and by this time next week there will be no distractions, it will be set in place.
    At that moment results will be the only thing that talks, not explanations, not excuses, not reasons.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    seth plum said:

We have the rest of today, then four days until the stark reality kicks in.
    It will either be a mad rush of spending and transfers to give the team a real boost for the final 20 games, in an attempt to achieve this season.
    or it will be more or less what we fans are used to.
    For Karl it will either be kiddie in a sweetshop, or a heavy dose of reality that he will like as not equivocate into what we were planning all along.
    Or there may be the unlikely scenario where Karl resigns declaring he was conned.
    We are now entering a season defining few days, and by this time next week there will be no distractions, it will be set in place.
    At that moment results will be the only thing that talks, not explanations, not excuses, not reasons.

If this happens, I could well believe they have learned from their mistakes. I won't be holding my breath though. More likely, we will lose more players before the window closes.