Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Warnock back at Palace ? (But didn't last long, P4)

Comments

• Options
    See that tweet's been deleted . . . not surprised
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Will this be his last job in football before he retires? He's been saying that for a while now.

Can't stand the bloke.

Will he turn up in his tractor ?

• Options

Pal-arse Comms team need to wake up...

Not the only ones though
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

A few quotes from the Holmesdale.net message board. I particularly like the rhetorical question at the end of the last quote! : - )

"Disaster!"

"This the most ridiculous, underwhelming and crass decision ever made in the history of this football club."

"TWO YEARS? So he can ruin us and properly screw us over in the Championship. LOVELY"

"FFS...there are no other superlative in the English language that truly summarise how underwhelmed I am by this other than FFS...
    Why are we such a weird little club?"

Fair play, it's not often you meet a nigel who has a realistic impression of their club
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Pal-arse Comms team need to wake up...

Not the only ones though
    not sure who that is... our comms team do a great job.
  • Options
    To be fair to Colin, he did a good job there beforehand, before escaping to QPR who he took up. Not a long term appointment, but let's face it, most managers don't last more than a season nowadays!
  • Options
    Hmmm...so Pullis wins the prestigious manager of the year award (deservedly) whilst Colin messes about on Talkshit and can't get a job with any Champs league club, including us. Obviously there's a huge gulf between the two managers abilities. I think Palarse will struggle...hopefully go down.
  • Options

Chizz said:

65 - it's not really sending out a message of youthful thrust and vigour is it?

Not claiming to be in line for the Palace job but at 66 , I'm still full of youthful thrust & vigour, Chiz.

:-0

Actually, scrub that.

Mr F says there's very little thrust these days.

Fanny, you should start a CAS Thrust. £5 a year and as much thrust as you can handle ;-)
  • Options
    Oh my god has anyone seen the sky sports news on the street interviewing palace fans. One bloke was like a comic book character, had one side of his top teeth missing and the opposite side on his bottom teeth missing. Hilarious.
  • Options
    I know he is not everyone's cup of tea and it's a strange appointment for me but I've always liked the bloke. He did a fly on the wall documentary with Sheff United a few years back which was excellent and his last book involving his time at palace, QPR and Leeds was very interesting.

I don't see him keeping palace up tho.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What wonderful news to come home to
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Anyone else listening to 5Live? Very prickly interview from Parish.
  • Options
    And they call us clowns?
  • Options
    A brilliant appointment from our perspective....the funny thing is I'm not sure they could have got anyone better at this point
  • Options
    Thanks Colin.
  • Options
    Sounds to me as if Warnock has been in Parish's ear ever since Pulis left.

"I can help out... If you need..."
    "Not long left in the window, I've got contacts" etc
  • Options
    Michael Brown will be his first signing. You heard it here first..........
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

paddy kenny will be on his way to selhurst park as well i'm sure.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Zaha
  • Options

1StevieG said:

paddy kenny will be on his way to selhurst park as well i'm sure.
    Yeah, but Brown will get there first as he doesn't feel the need to stop at every kebab shop along the way!

Cracking appointment. Shows that if you wait long enough in life, you really do get what you deserve!! ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As of 10.30 pm on Weds 27th, he has just over 5 days to do as much damage to their bank balance as he possibly can. Go for it, Neil!
  • Options
    They're welcome to him.
  • Options
    It gets better. Shaun Derry will leave Notts Co. to take up a role on the coaching team with a view to him replacing Warnock in the long-term.
  • Options
    If you haven't heard it, go to the iPlayer and hear Parish on 5 Live sport last night throwing a complete paddy
  • Options
    Rothko said:

If you haven't heard it, go to the iPlayer and hear Parish on 5 Live sport last night throwing a complete paddy

Got a link?
  • Options

It gets better. Shaun Derry will leave Notts Co. to take up a role on the coaching team with a view to him replacing Warnock in the long-term.

So, they have a manager in place that everyone knows is only there short-term. And a gopher who will automatically assume the manager's role in two years' time?

That's got success written all over it...
  • Options
    Chizz said:

So, they have a manager in place that everyone knows is only there short-term. And a gopher who will automatically assume the manager's role in two years' time?

That's got success written all over it...
  • Options
    I'm surprised that Parish seems to be the one constantly in the limelight seeing as though he is only a part owner and had less financial clout at the beginning than the others. Sounds disillusioned with running a football club in that interview. Unfortunately I do think he is trying to secure Palaces long term future rather than gambling it all on staying in the PL
  • Options
    It's a team Pulis built on motivation and hard work, a Warnock expectation. Not as good as Pulis as he doesn't have the same tactical knowledge. Not the worst manager to come in but could certainly be better. Not going to feel happy until I know they are doomed.

Read a couple of comments on a forum and one saying 'worst thing to happen in recent history', i would have thought administration would have been worse, but seeing as how they shafted plenty of small business's and got out of it, i can see his point.