Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Warnock back at Palace ? (But didn't last long, P4)

Comments

• Options
    Nug said:

I'm surprised that Parish seems to be the one constantly in the limelight seeing as though he is only a part owner and had less financial clout at the beginning than the others. Sounds disillusioned with running a football club in that interview. Unfortunately I do think he is trying to secure Palaces long term future rather than gambling it all on staying in the PL

You need to get the balance right though, as we did when we got promoted second time round. We didn't go mad but we spent significant money on Johannsson and Jensen. Every player investment is a gamble, but I can't imagine Pulis was asking them to spend every penny they had. An outlay of £20 to £25 million would have enabled them to strengthen significantly without risking the long term future of the club. Parish doesn't seem able to put his trust in the managers that he himself has appointed.
  • Options
    I find it bizarre the Palace fans comments on Warnock. If it wasn't for him they would have been relegated to the third tier with us. He worked a bloody miracle (annoyingly) keeping them up that year.

Be interesting to see how things pan out for them this season, he has never really had a fair crack at the PL.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

If you haven't heard it, go to the iPlayer and hear Parish on 5 Live sport last night throwing a complete paddy

I just listened. Yes Parish got increasingly frustrated by the interviewer trying to provoke/beliitle him.
    But in no way whatsoever, would I say he threw a paddy. Just my opinion.
  • Options

Rothko said:

If you haven't heard it, go to the iPlayer and hear Parish on 5 Live sport last night throwing a complete paddy

I just listened. Yes Parish got increasingly frustrated by the interviewer trying to provoke/beliitle him.
    Also sounds as if Parrish has fallen for Warnock's spin.
  • Options

Rothko said:

Got to say I agree with Covered End. Listened to it and he hardly threw a paddy. Still think he has made a balls up in appointing Warnock tho and can only see them getting relegated.
  • Options
    Parrish has said they chose Warnock over a manager who has won the World Cup. Scolari?
  • Options

Parrish has said they chose Warnock over a manager who has won the World Cup. Scolari?

Possibly meant won the world cup as a player.
  • Options

Didn't necessarily say it was as a manager...
  • Options

Possibly meant won the world cup as a player.

Didn't necessarily say it was as a manager...
    Ahhh, true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The betting column in The Sun today referred to him as Colin.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

The betting column in The Sun today referred to him as Colin.

There's only one Colin W*nk*r :-0
    Edit; One of the most appropriate anagrams ever.
  • Options
    Tango man was on talksport last night
  • Options
    You couldn't make this up. They are doomed. Andy Johnson and Kevin Doyle.

• Options

In fairness, he has scored 32 goals in the eight years since he left them...
  • Options
    Who next? Ade Akinbiyi? Chris Armstrong? Mark Bright?
  • Options
    Vince Hilaire
  • Options
    Re employing mrs Doubtfire in memory of Robin Williams
  • Options
    Charged by the F A for post match comments. Is that a first for him?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

In fairness, he has scored 32 goals in the eight years since he left them...
    and someone has nicked his cigar, too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sacked!
  • Options
    Marvellous late Christmas present.
  • Options
    So where's the list of candidates?

Cue the Appleton photo, Curbs at 16/1, Powell would have done well there etc etc
  • Options
    Got Sherwood written all over it
  • Options
    Dowie is available, Envigorating the Eagles PowerPoint presentation at the ready.
  • Options
    Gutted...has been doing a marvellous job. Only said the other day that he had never kept a club up and was looking forward to palace being his first. Shame he wasn't allowed to be proven wrong..yet again!!

Think they should go for Holloway :smiley:
  • Options
  • Options
    Hopefully Pulls won't return.