Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conspiracy theories

Comments

• Options
    Hey Kent, let's keep it friendly - I never said I had to see it with my own eyes to believe it, did I?
  • Options
    Anyway, I'm off to see some Spitfires and a Hurricane now - I believe they exist because I can see them with my own two eyes. :-)
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Hey Kent, let's keep it friendly - I never said I had to see it with my own eyes to believe it, did I?

i'm keeping it friendly, I'm just getting frustrated with the fact you keep turning a blind eye to facts.

Enjoy the spitfires and hurricanes! Why can't we fly them ourselves? I mean, we're a lot more advanced now...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Saga Lout said:

Bing, Kent, Henry, we won't agree. I want to believe man went to the moon. I started reading about hoaxes and that one piece of evidence made me personally question it. Another thing which had me questioning it was that, when asked Obama said it would take at least 20 years for America to gear up for another moon shot. Given how much more advanced we are these days you do wonder how they were able to do it in such a short space of time in the 1960s between Kennedy's speech and the landing in '69.

SL, the problem for me is created by the word "evidence" in that sentence. The assertions made in that programme about a number of issues are just that - assertions. Assertions does not equal evidence. It isn't peer checked. It's not where the balance opinion both lay and professional sits. If it was the whole of our history would require re - writing and all of those who had to make this conspiracy theory work would be held up as liars and charlatans. This is just not evidence that remotely passes any kind of a test of reasonableness.

That's Capricorn One. A great story but just imaginery.
  • Options

Saga Lout said:

i'm keeping it friendly, I'm just getting frustrated with the fact you keep turning a blind eye to facts.

Enjoy the spitfires and hurricanes! Why can't we fly them ourselves? I mean, we're a lot more advanced now...
    If you've got enough money and a licence, you can - the ones at Biggin Hill all fly and can be rented.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Saga Lout said:

If you've got enough money and a licence, you can - the ones at Biggin Hill all fly and can be rented.
    but we're so much more advanced now, why would i need money and a licence?
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Saga Lout said:

Bing, Kent, Henry, we won't agree. I want to believe man went to the moon. I started reading about hoaxes and that one piece of evidence made me personally question it. Another thing which had me questioning it was that, when asked Obama said it would take at least 20 years for America to gear up for another moon shot. Given how much more advanced we are these days you do wonder how they were able to do it in such a short space of time in the 1960s between Kennedy's speech and the landing in '69.

you are probably right because the real story isn't good enough. You want to believe that there is a bigger story with dark forces manipulating behind the scenes. Great fro a Hollywood movie, but rubbish for real life. You have already bought into the conspiracy so it is difficult to budge your view. You have been given rational explanations to answer your question and each time you move the question. How can a camera be operated? then why isn't it in HD? now, why would it take so long to gear up for another mission?

To answer the last point, actually the Americans were working on projects from the late forties and fifties, so overall there was more than 20 years of development. it was a vanity project for Kennedy who wanted to beat the Russians. It was hugely expensive then and even more so now. my guess is that you will now ignore this and go on to another question.

You are very welcome to believe the nonsense in the moon landing hoax stories but you are 100% wrong.
    The "HD" question was not a new question - it was to do with the reliability of communications. The point is, if they could've made the communications clear they would have. The fact is that they did not have the technology to do that and with communications that "grainy" would you really be able to control a camera on the moon with pretty much split second timing? Rockets are not slow you know.

Obama may not be a rocket scientist but he would not have made that comment off the cuff - he's not John Prescott - he would have been advised before he said anything.
    As I said, you ignore the evidence and rational explanation and go on to the next question because you want to believe the hoax story.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Saga Lout said:

you are probably right because the real story isn't good enough. You want to believe that there is a bigger story with dark forces manipulating behind the scenes. Great fro a Hollywood movie, but rubbish for real life. You have already bought into the conspiracy so it is difficult to budge your view. You have been given rational explanations to answer your question and each time you move the question. How can a camera be operated? then why isn't it in HD? now, why would it take so long to gear up for another mission?

To answer the last point, actually the Americans were working on projects from the late forties and fifties, so overall there was more than 20 years of development. it was a vanity project for Kennedy who wanted to beat the Russians. It was hugely expensive then and even more so now. my guess is that you will now ignore this and go on to another question.

You are very welcome to believe the nonsense in the moon landing hoax stories but you are 100% wrong.
    The "HD" question was not a new question - it was to do with the reliability of communications. The point is, if they could've made the communications clear they would have. The fact is that they did not have the technology to do that and with communications that "grainy" would you really be able to control a camera on the moon with pretty much split second timing? Rockets are not slow you know.

Obama may not be a rocket scientist but he would not have made that comment off the cuff - he's not John Prescott - he would have been advised before he said anything.
    I've basically explained to you how, using a simple circuit and a radio switch reciever it would only take 1.3 seconds for some one on earth to move a remote control camera on the moon. Stop ignoring basic facts.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

cabbles said:

Shame to see some not looking at the facts but just insulting people who think differently to them. I don't care if people believe what I believe or not but don't attack it when u have know idea about the subject!

I have looked at the so called "facts" and have done for many years and nearly none of them stand up to any proper scrutiny. Most aren't even facts just questions ie "why didn't so and so do this?"

Any counter argument is dismissed as a cover up or the response is "but what about...." and so introducing yet another question. Because the conspiracy theorists can't imagine a reasonable answer with their limited and blinkered take on things it HAS to mean, in their minds, that anything can be true.

Chesterton said "When people stop believing in God, they don't believe in nothing -- they believe in anything." I'm an atheist and a sceptic but I think he was right.

Maybe you could try stop using the internet as reliable source of information or as proof and use Occum's razor instead.
    I listen to people like Steve pizchenik(however u spell his name) and mr spring man who know what they're talking about, as well as the 1000 architects and engineers who saw building 7 fall down by a small fire.
    Pieczenik is the man who claimed the Sandy Hook School Shooting was a conspiracy too wasn't he. Everything is a conspiracy in his world.

He's just another weirdo making a living making up stuff to sell books and get on TV and you've fallen for it.
    Well he knows more than u about intelligence operations. What do u do for a job?
    I teach people that it is "you" not "U"

But again you frame it as a question.

So instead of answering the question YOU insult my internet speech.
    Didn't know u were my fucking English teacher
    I would hate to be your English teacher. You got it right in the first sentence and wrong in the second.

Anyway as a Palace fan what do you think about Warnock's return?
    @Henry Irving - I have always wanted to know and still struggle to understand when is it correct to use the term effect/effected and affect/affected? You alluded to teaching people earlier, so was hoping you might be able to help. I ask many people and get many different answers, or none at all.

Bit off piste I know
    AFFECT is a verb - this hay fever affects me most in August.

EFFECT is not (for the sake of this point) a verb - look at the effect this hay fever has on me in August.

Chances are you will use AFFECT more than EFFECT so if in doubt just start it with an A.
    Thanks @jaShea99 - although why I thought to ask this question in the middle of a conspiracy theory thread is beyond me, just popped into my head.
  • Options

Saga Lout said:

Saga Lout said:

I've basically explained to you how, using a simple circuit and a radio switch reciever it would only take 1.3 seconds for some one on earth to move a remote control camera on the moon. Stop ignoring basic facts.
    He wont though because in his mind the conspiracy story is so more exciting than the reality. Dark forces hoodwinking the masses for some (unknown) gain.

Personally I think the brilliant science, invention, and technology story of getting people onto the moon is so exciting, why would you want to touch it. but each to their own.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

cafcfan said:

Addickted said:

Addickted said:

All i know is:
    - official story defies the laws of physics

Really - and what laws of physics are you relating to?

Well not really a law (little exaggeration sorry), but kerosene (or anything else present in planes or buildings) burning/exploding does not reach temperatures required to damage the metal construction of the buildings sufficiently.
    And smashing a plane into the building wouldn't damage metal construction either?
    Funnily enough - very little. Don't forget the aircraft were made of aluminium.

What's aluminium got to do with the price of fish? I don't know anything about physics but I do know that mass and velocity would be important factors in any calculation. They could have been made of feathers if the weight and speed had been the same.
    Perhaps they weren't planes but giant bald eagles or Thai fighting kites in mortal combat.
    You certainly don't.

Try and look up the difference between 'weight' and 'mass', then move onto the definitiions of 'force', 'momentum' and 'terminal velocity'.

Finally have a look at Newtons 1st, 2nd and 3rd Laws of motion

Then come back to this thread and we can chat about how the fires effected the building structure after the initial impacts.

This is a good link http://motionmountain.net/

It's free
  • Options

Saga Lout said:

Saga Lout said:

He wont though because in his mind the conspiracy story is so more exciting than the reality. Dark forces hoodwinking the masses for some (unknown) gain.

Personally I think the brilliant science, invention, and technology story of getting people onto the moon is so exciting, why would you want to touch it. but each to their own.
    i once knew a girl who didn't believe dinosaurs ever existed. It's not because she thought the alternative was more exciting, but rather she couldn't get her mind round the earth being that old and things existing that long ago. From what i can tell, that's more SL's issue than any sense of excitement.
  • Options

Saga Lout said:

Saga Lout said:

i once knew a girl who didn't believe dinosaurs ever existed. It's not because she thought the alternative was more exciting, but rather she couldn't get her mind round the earth being that old and things existing that long ago. From what i can tell, that's more SL's issue than any sense of excitement.
    Now you're talking. didn't you know that the Earth only came into being 10,000 years ago and that dinosaurs are just God's little joke to confuse us all. ...or maybe dinosaurs and mankind existed side by side and the rock strata got a bit mixed up. or something.
  • Options
    This thread's not half as funny as it used to be.

I knew they would find a way of silencing the masses and moving the subject onto safer ground I but didn't expect them to be that subtle.

Although I note BenHamersBeard99 has mysteriously disappeared from circulation...all very strange I tell you.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but for those doubters of the moon landings, there is the Lunar Laser Ranging experiment. They left a series of reflectors up there so they could accurately measure the distance between the moon and the earth. The reflectors are still working, all you would need is a very powerful laser, some highly sensitive monitoring equipment and a hollowed out volcano as a base.
  • Options

Saga Lout said:

Saga Lout said:

JiMMy 85 said:

So you might accept the moon landings were real, but the existence of remote control machinery is a step too far?

Absolutely - who controlled it? Someone from earth? Talk me through how that worked in 1968. In fact, talk me through how that would work in 2014 - allowing for the time delay of transmitting instructions from earth to the remote control camera would be quite a challenge even now.
    I think putting a spaceship into space and then putting it on the moon is a lot more complicated than putting a couple of motors on a camera tripod and attaching a radio reciever. Now, remember radio waves travel at the speed of light. I'm not an expert but I don't think it would take very long at all for something travelling at the speed of light to hit the moon from earth and for whoevers remotely controlling the camera to anticipate the minute delay as the spaceship flies off.
    it's not that easy though is it? Look at the images from the moon and the verbal communication - not very clear is it. I just find that one piece of film disturbing.

Bing, I am really with you on this - as a boy it was my dream to be an astronaut (before I hit puberty and wanted to be a rock star, of course). So, the last thing I want is for there to be any doubt that man did go to the moon.

For information, remote cameras were developed in 1942 in Germany to monitor V2 rocket launches. Remote cameras have been commercially available for CCTV, etc. since mid 50s. For the Apollo missions a remote camera system was developed and attached to the Lunar Rover which was left behind. The Rover was fitted with an high frequency S-Band dish which transmitted live shots from the moon and allowed NASA to control the camera. There is no mystery to it. Does that allay your worries?

As others have said, the simplest story is probably the true one.
    Which fits in with a moon landing conspiracy. German scientists were given the choice of hanging at Niremburg or working for Uncle Sam on the appollo missions.
    It was nazi technology that contributed to putting man on the moon.
    just about every technology developed by any side in any war was taken and used by the victor. Just because they had a despicable ideology and practices doesn't mean the information they collected isn't useful.
  • Options

Saga Lout said:

Saga Lout said:

JiMMy 85 said:

So you might accept the moon landings were real, but the existence of remote control machinery is a step too far?

Absolutely - who controlled it? Someone from earth? Talk me through how that worked in 1968. In fact, talk me through how that would work in 2014 - allowing for the time delay of transmitting instructions from earth to the remote control camera would be quite a challenge even now.
    I think putting a spaceship into space and then putting it on the moon is a lot more complicated than putting a couple of motors on a camera tripod and attaching a radio reciever. Now, remember radio waves travel at the speed of light. I'm not an expert but I don't think it would take very long at all for something travelling at the speed of light to hit the moon from earth and for whoevers remotely controlling the camera to anticipate the minute delay as the spaceship flies off.
    it's not that easy though is it? Look at the images from the moon and the verbal communication - not very clear is it. I just find that one piece of film disturbing.

Bing, I am really with you on this - as a boy it was my dream to be an astronaut (before I hit puberty and wanted to be a rock star, of course). So, the last thing I want is for there to be any doubt that man did go to the moon.

For information, remote cameras were developed in 1942 in Germany to monitor V2 rocket launches. Remote cameras have been commercially available for CCTV, etc. since mid 50s. For the Apollo missions a remote camera system was developed and attached to the Lunar Rover which was left behind. The Rover was fitted with an high frequency S-Band dish which transmitted live shots from the moon and allowed NASA to control the camera. There is no mystery to it. Does that allay your worries?

Which fits in with a moon landing conspiracy. German scientists were given the choice of hanging at Niremburg or working for Uncle Sam on the appollo missions.
    Not quite but that's not a conspiracy, it is a well known fact.

The US took some of the German scientists who'd worked on the V1 and V2 rockets home with them. The Russians did the same with any useful experts they found.

The US also had a lot of Jewish and anti-nazi scientist that the Germans had expelled or scared off in the 30s working on the bomb.
  • Options

Saga Lout said:

Saga Lout said:

JiMMy 85 said:

The US took some of the German scientists who'd worked on the V1 and V2 rockets home with them. The Russians did the same with any useful experts they found.

The US also had a lot of Jewish and anti-nazi scientist that the Germans had expelled or scared off in the 30s working on the bomb.
    i heard some geezer called Albert Einstein was in that group
  • Options

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but for those doubters of the moon landings, there is the Lunar Laser Ranging experiment. They left a series of reflectors up there so they could accurately measure the distance between the moon and the earth. The reflectors are still working, all you would need is a very powerful laser, some highly sensitive monitoring equipment and a hollowed out volcano as a base.

You can actually see the ones left by Apollo 11 with a decent domestic telescope.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saga Lout said:

Are you genuinely oblivious to how precisely you fit the bill described early on in this thread? It's entertaining as much as it is frustrating. The most pertinent point earlier was that you just ask questions. No evidence, just questions. Like your lack of comprehension should somehow undermine everybody else's beliefs. It's a bit mad.
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

This is above government and the same bloodlines killed millions in wars dating back thousands of years. it is still happening today.

Remember rothschilds paid for both sides of ww1 and ww2.

They are not human and they feed on fear. That's the biggest emotion in the world.

Terror terror fear fear!

I wonder what bloodline that is meant to be : - (

Come on Henry, you and I both know that the bloodline going abck thousands of years means that all Western Europeans are descended from Charlegmagne.

Now apart from making him one busy boy it also means that we are all guilty of these atrocities. Trying to deny your birthright is like the OP trying to prove he's not a Nigel. We know the truth. J'accuse you, me and everyone else on this forum and don't bother trying to deny it;)
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

This is above government and the same bloodlines killed millions in wars dating back thousands of years. it is still happening today.

They are not human and they feed on fear. That's the biggest emotion in the world.

Terror terror fear fear!

Come on Henry, you and I both know that the bloodline going abck thousands of years means that all Western Europeans are descended from Charlegmagne.

Now apart from making him one busy boy it also means that we are all guilty of these atrocities. Trying to deny your birthright is like the OP trying to prove he's not a Nigel. We know the truth. J'accuse you, me and everyone else on this forum and don't bother trying to deny it;)
    Speak for yourself

I'm from the tribe of Benjamin and the Lion of Judea

Jah no dead
  • Options

JWADDICK said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Terror terror fear fear!

Speak for yourself

Jah no dead
    My knowledge increase My memory reflect
  • Options

JWADDICK said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Terror terror fear fear!

Speak for yourself

Jah no dead
    Do you remember the days of slavery?
  • Options

Saga Lout said:

Saga Lout said:

JiMMy 85 said:

i heard some geezer called Albert Einstein was in that group
    That is just a myth (which is different to a conspiracy)
  • Options

JWADDICK said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Terror terror fear fear!

Speak for yourself

Jah no dead
    Do you remember the days of slavery?
    Surely you must realise, no one remember poor Markus Garvey.
  • Options

JWADDICK said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Terror terror fear fear!

Speak for yourself

Jah no dead
    Splitter;)