Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez (ed. ongoing progress)

Comments

• Options
    Has played a blinder.
  • Options
    Am surprised he was playing Right-Back though.

I thought that Trent Alexander-Arnold was favoured there at the moment?
  • Options

Fook I took him out of my fantasy starting11

I took Firmino out this week...
    No matter, solanke didn't play so he's subbed on
  • Options
    I told you lot he was part of the plans this season and it was all part of a bigger picture and plan a long time ago.

Well done Joe Gomez and I hope he keeps it up. Plays regularly and he could well be in with a shout of the World Cup squad.
  • Options
    Of alĺ the players we've sold recently I thought he looked the most promising but I'm still not clear how much he's been affected by injury.
  • Options
    Sage said:

I told you lot he was part of the plans this season and it was all part of a bigger picture and plan a long time ago.

Well done Joe Gomez and I hope he keeps it up. Plays regularly and he could well be in with a shout of the World Cup squad.

I still cannot see him playing regularly this season. Clyne and Robertson will be the full-backs and I don't think Klopp will be putting him at CB anytime soon.

World Cup will be too soon for him anyway, but nice to see him have a good game today.
  • Options

Sage said:

I still cannot see him playing regularly this season. Clyne and Robertson will be the full-backs and I don't think Klopp will be putting him at CB anytime soon.

World Cup will be too soon for him anyway, but nice to see him have a good game today.
    I think he's got a great chance of playing centre back . They aren't blessed with good centre halves and if he has recovered to the level he was, he has it all
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Sage said:

I think he's got a great chance of playing centre back . They aren't blessed with good centre halves and if he has recovered to the level he was, he has it all
    I hope he plays Centre-Back soon... think Liverpool are wasting him out on the flanks and dont think he stands a chance of being called up by England as a Full-Back.

Right: Clyne / Walker / Antonio
    Left: Rose / Cresswell / Shaw

Those names should all be ahead of him in theory
  • Options
    He is a Rolls-Royce of a player.
    A pity we never saw more of him.
    Good Luck to JG.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Starting at RB at Leicester right now..
  • Options

He is a Rolls-Royce of a player.
    A pity we never saw more of him.
    Good Luck to JG.

Totally agree. A bigger loss imo than Lookman.
  • Options
    Hmm. Looked poised and comfortable for most of first half, but I suspect he will be criticised on MOTD tonight for losing a battle just before half-time.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    They've used all their subs and he's not gone off, so should complete the 90.
  • Options
    Quieter 2nd half, as Leicester mostly attacked down their right after bringing Demarai Gray on, but got toasted by Albrighton on one occasion, which will also feature in the highlights. Still, learning curve, out of position.
  • Options
    Put his name in a twitter search during that match , not anything complimentary
  • Options
    They don't always get any help from midfield, either - a bit like Man City over recent years.
  • Options

Personally I think Joe is struggling at the moment, as Liverpool's defence is so unsettled, with no settled back 4 and keeper playing regularly. A young player needs some stability to blossom

Joe has obviously lost a bit of pace due to his injuries but if he plays regularly, I can see him being back to his best by Xmas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Blimey how well is he playing?

Man of the Match.
  • Options

Blimey how well is he playing?

Man of the Match.
    Not surprised at all. What an assured performance.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Looked really assured today - man of the match today, and rightly so.
  • Options
    Would love for him to go to the World Cup, but I doubt klopp would put him in the middle
  • Options
    Mustard today
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I think his actual ability to see a forward pass was the thing that stood out for me. Was excellent and way beyond his years in a Charlton shirt but has really progressed despite a major injury .
  • Options
    Excellent game from young Joe today. Utter tosh match though.