Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez (ed. ongoing progress)

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Well done Joe.

By the way, do we get a payment?

As i said at the begining of the season, he will probably never get back to the player he was after those injuries. Lol

I think we had a sell on for another player and that only triggered for competitive internationals.
  • Options

We will be playing 3 at the back in Russia and one of those if fit will be Jones.

Think if we're to do that we need to start concentrating on the formation - Other than Lithuania; Southgate has never really given the three at the back much thought and soon wont have many games to try it
  • Options

We will be playing 3 at the back in Russia and one of those if fit will be Jones.

Gomez, Stones and Jones then! Just so long as not Cahill...

• Options

Congratulations to the Liverpool academy.

You jest but I suspect Charlton will be airbrushed from his history. "Liverpool youngster Joe Gomez" etc
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Congratulations to the Liverpool academy.

You jest but I suspect Charlton will be airbrushed from his history. "Liverpool youngster Joe Gomez" etc
    I very much doubt it.

People dislike inaccuracies these days.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

dickplumb said:

I did say many years ago that Joe Gomez would play for England one day. I am so good I surprise myself sometimes.

I said that about Jamal Campbell-Ryce
    well, he did play internationally..
  • Options

Gomez, Stones and Jones then! Just so long as not Cahill...

I think it should be Stones, Keane, Gomez as a back three. With keane the solid defender staying back and the other two can push forward when required with the ball etc
  • Options
    Fantastic news
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Praying that he makes a good impression and ends up in the World Cup team. Will making watching England infinitely more interesting/enjoyable.
  • Options
    Some of you are bonkers if you think Joe is starting in Russia. They have brought in a bunch of youth and fringe players to get experience and to compete for last spot or two in the roster. At best, joe impresses, makes the roster barely but doesn’t play. More realistically he doesn’t make the squad but is in the conversation for Qatar
  • Options

Will Roland get any add-ons if he were to appear?

Wonder if this is why he's been stalling for the Takeover to happen

Of course, unless some kind of nincompoop negotiated the contract.
    Oh, I see what you're saying...
  • Options
    Wow, Joe !!!!

Fully deserved recognition.

Bless his cotton socks !
  • Options

Some of you are bonkers if you think Joe is starting in Russia. They have brought in a bunch of youth and fringe players to get experience and to compete for last spot or two in the roster. At best, joe impresses, makes the roster barely but doesn’t play. More realistically he doesn’t make the squad but is in the conversation for Qatar

Agreed, to me his call up seems a bit premature, he's hardly played any games in the PL and needs to establish himself there first. Liverpool have played him at RB, Walker, Clyne and Trippier are all well ahead of him
  • Options
    Congratulations Joe, and the other two newcomers.

They'll hopefully have the opportunity to show what they can offer but I'm pretty sure Southgate's just taking a provisional look. If this International break contained competitive games would we have seen them? I doubt it. Talk of the World Cup is very premature but if any of the three stand out then who knows?
  • Options
    I asked Paddy Power on twitter before the season started what odds they'd give me on Joe being in the squad in Russia. They only offered 10-1 so I didn't take it , wouldn't get that now I'd think.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Good piece on the squad selection and Southgate's thoughts on Gomez. Rates him above Smalling as CB who can use the ball.

Edit, would help if I posted the link.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/02/england-abraham-gomez-loftus-cheek-germany-brazil
  • Options
    And that’s why he was never going to be loan d back

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone else read his name in Bob Peeters voice?
  • Options
    RD (Charlton) reported to get £250,000 If he plays.
  • Options
    IT_Andy said:

RD (Charlton) reported to get £250,000 If he plays.

Only get that if he plays a competitive game for England.
  • Options
    Are these competitive friendlies? Is so they still count and we will be due the money if he plays
  • Options

Are these competitive friendlies? Is so they still count and we will be due the money if he plays

Is there such a thing? Or am I being whooshed
  • Options

Is there such a thing? Or am I being whooshed
    I think so, it's a recognised international weekend.