Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez (ed. ongoing progress)

Comments

• Options
    Good news for him as yesterday it sounded like he might be out for a year. Now it sounds like he could target a return in time for the end of the season and the Euro's.
  • Options
    Good news it's not the ACL again.

Betting on (not that) Rhys Williams or Nathaniel Phillips making the England squad for the Euros?
  • Options
    From BBC Sport

The 23-year-old's club said he had undergone "successful" surgery to repair a tendon in his left knee.

The Reds are already without fellow centre-back Virgil van Dijk because of a long-term knee ligament injury.

"The issue was isolated to Gomez's tendon, with no damage to any other associated knee ligaments," Liverpool said.

"No timescale is being placed upon his return, though the issue is likely to rule him out for a significant part of the remainder of 2020-21."

Gomez has played in all but one of Liverpool's Premier League and Champions League games this season.

The injury is not the same as the cruciate ligament injury he suffered in 2015.

Very good news. All he needs is the season put on temporary hold in spring and he'll get a few games more this season. 
  • Options
    Don’t ask me why, but I have a feeling we will see him back with us sometime down the line.
  • Options
    Great news not as bad as thought. 

@SoundAsa£ that would be stunning, let’s hope so 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Don’t ask me why, but I have a feeling we will see him back with us sometime down the line.
    Is it because of his injury record?
    Well that does come into it of course.
    It’s just that I would like to think a few years down the line we will be in a position to get even better players on board.
    Joe has retained his interest in us from afar and because of his injuries he’s likely to not last at the top table for as long as he might have.
    Only a thought on my part but quite possible when you think about it......let’s hope he continues well with his treatment and gets back to a good level of ability and fitness.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    shine166 said:

Scousers getting government help

No way, I dont believe you 🤣🤣
  • Options
    Hopefully this doesnt mean the worst for Joe!!

• Options

Oh shit, that’s not good 
  • Options

Does that mean lowest recovery rate to fully fit? Or slowest rate? 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Painful viewing seeing the scars on Joe's knee! He's a mentally strong lad and wish him the best recovery. Hope he gets there.

@sage you will find this interesting. 
  • Options
    Really really hope he recovers to be back at his best.
    Best of luck to the man.
  • Options
    Unbelievable bad luck Joe has had with his career due to injuries. Even with one premier league medal and a champions league medal he’s missed so much football. Going to be the third tournament he’s missed due to injury. 

I had a punt on him to make the England squad back in 2016.
  • Options
    Lowest recovery rate, does that mean it could be a career ending injury? or just the slowest rate to come back? 
  • Options
    Lowest recovery rate, does that mean it could be a career ending injury? or just the slowest rate to come back? 
    As in the fewest number of athletes with that injury ever recover from it in order to be able to compete again. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    As in the fewest number of athletes with that injury ever recover from it in order to be able to compete again. 
    ah... damn. hopefully he'll be the exception and come back to his best. 
  • Options
    I was trying to work out the source of the other scars as his ACL was the other (right) leg. Can only think back to when he was misdiagnosed by Liverpool for "conservative treatment" of a leg fracture which did then require surgery 8 weeks or so later. 
  • Options
    Congratulations Joe
  • Options
    Lovely to see Joe and his wife looking class and happy.

No guys that dress isn't see through, I believe it's an optical illusion ! 

• Options
    I’m pleased for him but he’s gutted he’s not playing today against Ukraine
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I first saw Joe play as a 15 year old ( heads up from Pigott senior) that we had a star in the making in our academy in a game at Sparrows lane.
    Also my lad and I were in the Costa del Sol, 7 years ago when big Bob Peeters first took over and watched Joe Gomez glide over the pitch; held in the golf complex in the Mijas hills.

We trust that surgery has advanced enough to give Joe a chance to regain and continue his career at the highest level. He has been robbed of taking part in tournaments and I want to see this cool character and nice guy continue his upwardly mobile career.

Good luck Joe and thanks for the memory from Cafc and more memories from England in the future.
  • Options
    Great to see - and also my mind cant help but go back to England. 3 at the back with Gomez, Maguire and Stones is a lovely thought.