Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez (ed. ongoing progress)

Comments

• Options
    Great to see - and also my mind cant help but go back to England. 3 at the back with Gomez, Maguire and Stones is a lovely thought.
    my guess was that gomez was originally southgate's number one for the right side of the 3, with his excellent pace. Kyle walker seems to have that mantel for now, and was excellent in the euros to be fair to him. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Great to see - and also my mind cant help but go back to England. 3 at the back with Gomez, Maguire and Stones is a lovely thought.
    my guess was that gomez was originally southgate's number one for the right side of the 3, with his excellent pace. Kyle walker seems to have that mantel for now, and was excellent in the euros to be fair to him. 
    Walker can then go RWB. Shaw left wing back. With a three at the back like that you can have Mount and Rice in front of them.

Then Kane supported by Sterling and Foden behind.
  • Options
    Who on earth decided that Liverpool should have fluorescent orange on their kits?! 

Big season ahead for Gomez as i don't see them signing Konate for him to sit on the bench.
  • Options
    Konate also has a bit of history with injuries. It would be good to just see Joe make a comeback following his nasty injuries. Not many comeback from the last injury so it's great to see him again (even if in a red/orange top).
  • Options
    Who on earth decided that Liverpool should have fluorescent orange on their kits?! 

Big season ahead for Gomez as i don't see them signing Konate for him to sit on the bench.
    I quite like it. I also wonder if there is a degree to which it makes teammates a bit more visible in the instant you are picking a pass...
  • Options
    On the bench for Liverpool tonight, VVD and Matip start
  • Options
    Doubt he will start more than 15 games this season 
  • Options
    Gerrard looking to take him on loan to Villa according to the Express 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Gerrard looking to take him on loan to Villa according to the Express 
    Good move for all parties.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An excellent player but the number of serious operations he has had will worry even the most experienced Doctors and Surgeons.
  • Options
    The crying Shame was once Joe Gomez established himself as the CB partner of Van Dijk with Robertson on the left and Trent A-A on the right what could possibly go wrong for Joe.

Unfortunately Joe has had terrible luck with injuries and his form since the 3rd injury has pushed him down the pecking order at Liverpool.

Joe and his agent should push for this loan to Villa ( If true ?) under Stevie G, because playing every week alongside Ming would get his career back on track. 

Joe can play on the right side of a 3 at the back but CB in a 4 is his best position.

In my opinion Gomez ( A game) is a class above Konsa who has done really well since leaving cafc.
    Mings has been pretty awful this season so could be Gomez and Konsa just to show us would could have been....
  • Options
    The crying Shame was once Joe Gomez established himself as the CB partner of Van Dijk with Robertson on the left and Trent A-A on the right what could possibly go wrong for Joe.

Unfortunately Joe has had terrible luck with injuries and his form since the 3rd injury has pushed him down the pecking order at Liverpool.

Joe and his agent should push for this loan to Villa ( If true ?) under Stevie G, because playing every week alongside Ming would get his career back on track. 

Joe can play on the right side of a 3 at the back but CB in a 4 is his best position.

In my opinion Gomez ( A game) is a class above Konsa who has done really well since leaving cafc.
    Mings has been pretty awful this season so could be Gomez and Konsa just to show us would could have been....

Mings has bounced back well after an indifferent start to the season in the last two games under Gerrard.

Can you imagine, Konsa, Joe Gomez and Joe Aribo all at Villa Park ! With Stevie G and his Knowledge of both the Joe's this could be a long shot. Joe Gomez would probably be a half season loan if Klopp feels he has enough  cover.
  • Options
    Fuck Villa Joe, we need you here. You know it makes sense............... :D
  • Options
    When you mention Gomez, Konsa and Aribo together it makes me want to weep. From a Charlton perspective, such a waste of talent 
    How is it a waste of talent ?
    they played for then jumped ship to a bigger clubs? 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    When you mention Gomez, Konsa and Aribo together it makes me want to weep. From a Charlton perspective, such a waste of talent 
    How is it a waste of talent ?
    they played for then jumped ship to a bigger clubs? 
    Charlton didn't utilise their talents to springboard up the leagues (apart from a one season car crash) and we failed miserably to capitalise on their financial value when they left. In my book that's a awful waste of some exceptional young players.
  • Options
    Funnily enough in every Football Manager as soon as I'm high enough up in the footballing world, I re-sign Konsa, Gomez, Aribo, Lookman and Pope if I can, really help towards the Champions League homegrown rules
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59755557

Real Madrid interested, nice sell on please. 
    Would be a great move for him 
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59755557

Real Madrid interested, nice sell on please. 
    Let’s hope we’ve actually got one

We do.
  • Options
    If true ( which would be no surprise) it would be just another example of the scum that were ESI.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    These are from Aug 2020. That's 16 months ago and pre Sandgaard. A lot of water has crossed many bridges since that was tweeted.
  • Options
    Would be nice to have it clarified at least. A couple of million to reinvest in the team would be very welcome indeed.