Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell to be Huddersfield new boss

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Greenie said:

i know we were struggling badly for a raft of reasons but i wasn't certain we were gonna go down with those players and we didn't funnily enough !

So, the only constant that changed then was.....the manager.....and we stayed up......funny that!

Like I said earlier I wish Chris Powell all the best.
    The constant that changed was actually the owner and CEO.

If there is one thing you should have learnt from the Murray - Curbishley years it is the importance of having both a good owner and a good manager with a shared vision.
  • Options

Greenie said:

i know we were struggling badly for a raft of reasons but i wasn't certain we were gonna go down with those players and we didn't funnily enough !

So, the only constant that changed then was.....the manager.....and we stayed up......funny that!

The constant that changed was actually the owner and CEO.

If there is one thing you should have learnt from the Murray - Curbishley years it is the importance of having both a good owner and a good manager with a shared vision.
    I'm not wasting any more time or energy doing it all again....its draining.
  • Options
    The results stayed the same after the change of owner. The results improved dramatically after the change of manager to head coach - from 0.9 points per game to 1.5 points per game.
    The results have stepped up yet again with another change and a massive transformation of the squad.
    I don't know enough about coaching or the individuals to comment except to state that Dyer was not renewed and that results have improved since.
    Is there a causal link or just coincidence?
    Does the guy at the top know what he's doing?
    Anyone banging on about the good ol' days of 0.9 points per game simply hasn't watched CAFC this season and...
    Nope wasting my time :)
  • Options
    Alex did not want to stay.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Everyone who is moaning about Powells football (I did), OK it wasn't pretty, it got us out of league 1, with the best squad, however he wasn't good enough for us in the Champ (for a raft of reasons).

so when we finished 9th with an eight game finish of 3 draws and 5 wins including our record away win of 0-6 and allegedly the 4th smallest budget in the Championship he just wasn't good enough .......
    righto
    And the manager didn't change and the results did ....wow ..... Amazing that
  • Options

Parky had a decent side to begin with and still served up some of the Shittest football I've seen in the professional game.

I recall a demotivated team that was unbalanced, but then we can have this argument forever and neither side will agree as countless buried threads will testify to.
  • Options
    I wish Chrissy all the best. Still a Charlton legend.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Sheffield United was the lowest point under CP but every week was the lowest point for Charlton under nice guy nice vneck parky

Spot on. People can say what they want about Parky but I bet they were not at Swansea and Reading within the space of a week or so where, desperate for points to at least attempt to stay up or least show we gave a fuck, Parky decided a point in each game was ok whereas in each 3 pts were there for the taking. At Swansea we were on top and should have really gone for it in the last fifteen minutes but he decided to bring on a midfielder for a striker but heyho we got a point. Wowee. He was just protecting his job. X games unbeaten would look better than a win, defeat, draw, win etc but would have gained us no points. I'm sorry but for me Parky was dire. Should have been sacked, was sacked if you were at Bromley Addicks, but RM decided to keep him on. Why I'll never know. Rant over.

Ps - good luck Chris.
  • Options
    Good luck to CP for the rest of the season, except when they play us of course.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sheffield United was the lowest point under CP but every week was the lowest point for Charlton under nice guy nice vneck parky

Spot on. People can say what they want about Parky but I bet they were not at Swansea and Reading within the space of a week or so where, desperate for points to at least attempt to stay up or least show we gave a fuck, Parky decided a point in each game was ok whereas in each 3 pts were there for the taking. At Swansea we were on top and should have really gone for it in the last fifteen minutes but he decided to bring on a midfielder for a striker but heyho we got a point. Wowee. He was just protecting his job. X games unbeaten would look better than a win, defeat, draw, win etc but would have gained us no points. I'm sorry but for me Parky was dire. Should have been sacked, was sacked if you were at Bromley Addicks, but RM decided to keep him on. Why I'll never know. Rant over.

Ps - good luck Chris.
    Or the games at Barnsley and home to Forest if i remember correctly which were also games that were there for the taking (i think Forest went down to 10 men and virtually parked the bus) but he settled for a draw.