Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell to be Huddersfield new boss

Comments

• Options

We're not as bad a side as the table suggests and our squad is now stronger than it was last season

The key for Powell will be getting players back to full fitness and how lucky he gets with injuries. There aren't many sides in this division who can boast a better forward line than Wells and Vaughan. Only problem being that they've hardly played together due to Vaughan being made out of glass

Defence is looking a lot stronger now we have signed Hudson and expect Powell's style of football will see us tighten up back there. We've got some excellent midfielders on the books and some talent out wide so he is inheriting quite a decent side

I don't think he'll have any trouble keeping us up unless we have rotten luck with injuries

Good player but I was meaning partnership although a lot of sides now do only play with one up top and two wide men supporting

I still think we'll finish above you and your over enthusiastic gaffer ;)
    Igor doesn't need a partner ;-)
  • Options
    It'll be ironic if we go on a long unbeaten up until the Huddersfield game, and it's Powell who ends it...
  • Options
    Well done Chris.Best wishes.

Hope 'Udd fraternity like hoofball !
  • Options

It'll be ironic if we go on a long unbeaten up until the Huddersfield game, and it's Powell who ends it...

I'd bring a sick bucket to the game in preperation
  • Options
    Good luck to Chris, though not against us!
  • Options
    Great news for CP - wish him and AD all the best..
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Great news for CP - wish him and AD all the best..

Not another thread where Andy Delort has been mentioned :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I am very interested to see how this turns out. A one hit wonder or a man with a big future?
  • Options
    Hope he does well, but not too well.
  • Options
    Middlesbrough (H)
    Wigan (H)
    Leeds (A)
    Millwall (H)
    Wolves (A)
    Blackburn (A)

His first six games.
  • Options
    Chuck said:

Tis a sad day

why?
  • Options
    Massively pleased for Chris Powell. An individual who stands out from the crowd.
  • Options
    I reckon he'll do very well. Putting my Powell love to one side, I really rate him as a manager.
  • Options
    Will be interested to see how this pans out. Can blame Roland for his sacking until you turn blue in the face but we were bottom of the league (albeit with games in hand) and playing terrible football.

I hope he does well, but I don't think he will be the success that many on here think he will be.
  • Options
    Got a high amount of respect as a person.

It will be weird at 1st.

Our attitude would probably be perhaps slightly different if we didnt have our smooth unbeaten start to the season.
  • Options

Middlesbrough (H)
    Wigan (H)
    Leeds (A)
    Millwall (H)
    Wolves (A)
    Blackburn (A)

His first six games.

Not too bad a start.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad to see him back, always have fond memories of his time with us.
  • Options

Massively pleased for Chris Powell. An individual who stands out from the crowd.

I wondered how long it would take someone to mention that he is the only black manager in the top 4 English leagues. Surprised it was here, was expecting a tabloid reporter.
  • Options

I wondered how long it would take someone to mention that he is the only black manager in the top 4 English leagues. Surprised it was here, was expecting a tabloid reporter.
    *sits back and awaits "whooshes"*
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    WSS said:

Phootoshopped tie.
  • Options

Can't work out if you're being sarcastic or unknowingly ironic.

• Options
    WSS said:

Can't work out if you're being sarcastic or unknowingly ironic.

I shall leave it to you to decide...
  • Options
    Highlights of press conference on SSN after 5.00.

Meanwhile D Poyet wishes his former gaffer well and predicts he'll be a success.