Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell to be Huddersfield new boss

Comments

• Options
    BBC reporting him and Dyer to be appointed asap.
  • Options

Feels like my ex has just started seeing someone else

But he's got form. Remember when he went off with your chavvy neighbour a few years ago?
  • Options

Good luck Chris.

Thought this would happen when Huddersfield pulled the plug last minute on Scannel's move to Millwall as Chris was keen on signing him when with us.

Morrison was also linked with them.
    Sweepstake on first former Powell player to sign for Hudds (not Dyer as that is a gimme)

Kermo 8/1
    Morrison 10/1
    Kerker 50/1
    Seriously Morrisson must be getting f****d off here...he did well for us for 3 years, still playing well and can't get a game. I was expecting him to be taking over as captain.
  • Options

Good luck to a wonderful man.

But lets hope any touching tribute on 3 mins at The Valley is drowned out by Igor banging one in from 20 yards..

Igor is going to score three goals as a tribute to the man.
  • Options

Good luck Chris.

Thought this would happen when Huddersfield pulled the plug last minute on Scannel's move to Millwall as Chris was keen on signing him when with us.

Sweepstake on first former Powell player to sign for Hudds (not Dyer as that is a gimme)

Kermo 8/1
    Morrison 10/1
    Kerker 50/1
    Does Mark Hudson, who signed for Hudds a few days ago, count?
  • Options
    Reckon he will get delort on.loan just to piss his old employers off
  • Options

Reckon he will get delort on.loan just to piss his old employers off

wouldnt that be something
  • Options

Good luck to CP.
    Doubt he will be allowed to make wholesale changes to the team, so it will be interesting to see how he does with someone else's side.

Will be good to see if he fares any better than the last time he took over another manager's team...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So will Paddy Power and others pay out or not?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

So will Paddy Power and others pay out or not?
    Assuming they will once he's appointed.
  • Options
    Hooray
  • Options
    Pleased for Chris - hope he does well with them.
  • Options
    I wish him the very best of luck against every team but us. Hope it goes well for him.
  • Options
    Great news,they always seem like a decent family club similar to us and even better we don't hate them, so no Curbs at West Ham type situation.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Rolling contract?
    What, so he's just going to be a groundsman for the Terriers?
    Poor
  • Options
    Playing them 4 times a season might not be so arduous now. All the best Chris.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mark Robbins was on a "Rolling Contract"
  • Options

Rolling contract?
    What, so he's just going to be a groundsman for the Terriers?
    Poor
    No, That's Colin Powell ;-)
  • Options

Good luck Chris.

Kermo 8/1
    Morrison 10/1
    Kerker 50/1
    Does Mark Hudson, who signed for Hudds a few days ago, count?
    Not a Powell player, sorry!

An easy mistake to make though, I have tried very hard to forget everything associated with the 2008/9 season, so Hudson could have played for us at any time over the last decade ;-)
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Mark Robbins was on a "Rolling Contract"

So was Jose Riga.. so is Big Bob.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    We're not as bad a side as the table suggests and our squad is now stronger than it was last season

The key for Powell will be getting players back to full fitness and how lucky he gets with injuries. There aren't many sides in this division who can boast a better forward line than Wells and Vaughan. Only problem being that they've hardly played together due to Vaughan being made out of glass

Defence is looking a lot stronger now we have signed Hudson and expect Powell's style of football will see us tighten up back there. We've got some excellent midfielders on the books and some talent out wide so he is inheriting quite a decent side

I don't think he'll have any trouble keeping us up unless we have rotten luck with injuries
  • Options
    Good move for Hudds, he'll tighten up the defence as he did with us. His record in 2011/12 speaks for itself and 2012/13 finishing 9th with no funds, what a job he did.
  • Options

We're not as bad a side as the table suggests and our squad is now stronger than it was last season

The key for Powell will be getting players back to full fitness and how lucky he gets with injuries. There aren't many sides in this division who can boast a better forward line than Wells and Vaughan. Only problem being that they've hardly played together due to Vaughan being made out of glass

Defence is looking a lot stronger now we have signed Hudson and expect Powell's style of football will see us tighten up back there. We've got some excellent midfielders on the books and some talent out wide so he is inheriting quite a decent side

I don't think he'll have any trouble keeping us up unless we have rotten luck with injuries

Good player but I was meaning partnership although a lot of sides now do only play with one up top and two wide men supporting

I still think we'll finish above you and your over enthusiastic gaffer ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    To be fair to Huddersfield they've had a reasonably tough start.

Think they'll be easily midtable whoever they get in.