Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell to be Huddersfield new boss

Comments

• Options
    Whatever happens I am looking forward to Feb 28th
  • Options
    Glad SCP is back in the game. He will motivate Huddersfield Town and will be great for the fans. Good luck Chris, still would like to see you back at The Valley in charge of us again............. one day...........
  • Options
    edited September 2014

se9addick said:

Essex and Yorkshire - they're going to need a translator !

Good luck SCP - as someone mentioned above it'll be really interesting to see how he gets on in a place where he isn't a "legend" - it might actually be good for him to not have that hanging over him.

Essex? He comes from Tooting and lives in Banstead (or at least he did)
    Oops - thought he was Southend, must have been those flat caps !
  • Options
    It doesn't matter what club actually employs him, he will always and forever be an Addick. Good luck Chrissie. Hope you come 2nd behind Charlton in the league this season.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Essex and Yorkshire - they're going to need a translator !

Good luck SCP - as someone mentioned above it'll be really interesting to see how he gets on in a place where he isn't a "legend" - it might actually be good for him to not have that hanging over him.

Essex? He comes from Tooting and lives in Banstead (or at least he did)
    Oops - thought he was Southend !

No, he's Palace thru' and thru'

: - )
  • Options

Good luck to CP.

Doubt he will be allowed to make wholesale changes to the team, so it will be interesting to see how he does with someone else's side.

It seems a decent appointment for both CP & Huddersfield and could be beneficial to both.
  • Options
    Superb, he's a Saint!
  • Options

Good luck to CP.

Doubt he will be allowed to make wholesale changes to the team, so it will be interesting to see how he does with someone else's side.

It seems a decent appointment for both CP & Huddersfield and could be beneficial to both.

well we saw what happened with someone else's side when he first took other, but then we made massive changes that summer and we all know how that finished, this could be a settling down season for him, I think next year will be the interesting year there
  • Options

Feels like my ex has just started seeing someone else

But you're now dating a supermodel
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to him. Think that's a fantastic appointment by Huddersfield and hope he goes well. Will definitely be watching out a lot more closely for Hudd's results from now on!
  • Options

Paulie, CP is unlikely to be allowed to make the number of changes he made at Charlton. Therefore he will have to work with and slightly change what is there. He is more likely to be targeting steady improvement this year and next, expecting amazing things next season seems both unrealistic and a bit unfair.
  • Options

Good luck to CP.

well we saw what happened with someone else's side when he first took other, but then we made massive changes that summer and we all know how that finished, this could be a settling down season for him, I think next year will be the interesting year there
    Agree, but I suspect he has also learnt a lot from that first season, when he tried to implement the style of play he preferred with players that did not have the ability to do it. Older and wiser I wish him luck with a fan base that will be less forgiving of his weaknesses and less agreeing of his strengths.
  • Options
    Pleased for him, glad he's back in management relatively quickly. A lot can be said on either side about his time with us but he's a good person to have in the game
  • Options
    It will be good to see him back in the game, and with a decent club too...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Ben Hamer on loan.
  • Options
    Is this the next move for Dyer and Matthews
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Is this the next move for Dyer and Matthews

That's an interesting one. I wouldn't be surprised if Dyer did end up there with him, although he did say he wanted to now go into management. I hope we keep hold of Matthews.
  • Options
    Where has this been confirmed?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope he succeeds, the game needs a few decent representatives.

Welcome to Yorkshire SCP!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Damian Matthew loves Charlton and his role here and has bought into what Bob Peeters is doing. Dyer, out of work, so maybe.
  • Options
    Good luck Chris.
  • Options
    I can see dyer joining him but not Matthews
  • Options
    Good luck to a wonderful man.

But lets hope any touching tribute on 3 mins at The Valley is drowned out by Igor banging one in from 20 yards..
  • Options

Glad SCP is back in the game. He will motivate Huddersfield Town and will be great for the fans. Good luck Chris, still would like to see you back at The Valley in charge of us again............. one day...........

Why??????
  • Options

Bernard Matthews?
  • Options

Diego Poyet on loan

Not a bad shout that.

Bernard Matthews?
    Nah mate, he's off to Norwich.
  • Options
    How do you think the Valley will react when he walks down the touchline to the away dugout?