Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Norwich v Charlton post match views 2014/15

Comments

• Options
    Great defensive performance but, judged as a game of football, we were shite no question about that. That kind of performance is unsustainable but we take it away to the league leaders.

Another day we would have lost by 5. Luckily Jerome hadnt a hope of winning a header against our CBs, because I have never seen so many crosses from good overlaps come in during one game.

Im not moaning, I am ecstatic about the result. Probably the most unfair result I have ever seen but who cares? 3 points away to Norwich. They must be pig sick.

Defensive pairing of TBH and Bikey is absolutely superb at this level. What norwich should have done is pepper the goal with shots from 20 yards as they got very little change from lobbing the ball into the box. They absolutely monstered us in central midfield and countless times had space in and around the edge.

Well happy with the result but it was the biggest robbery I have ever seen.
  • Options
    How many there?
  • Options
    What a win, I love you Jacko (despite being passed it) ;)
  • Options
    I only saw the second half on the stream but I think some of that defending was absolutely Premier ship quality. Fabulous commitment throwing their body on the line. A real dying art!

Brilliant stuff
  • Options
    This time last year; Ply-10, W-1, D-4, L-5, Pts-7

What a turnaround. Twelve unbeaten and two clean sheets in a row!

GOYH.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This time last year; Ply-10, W-1, D-4, L-5, Pts-7

What a turnaround. Twelve unbeaten and two clean sheets in a row!

GOYH.

Three clean sheets in the last five games shows a growing understand between Henderson and his back four. :-)
  • Options
    Great, great win! unbeaten after 10 games!

Nice to hear Ahearne-Grant came in too, sounded like he did well in the limited time he was in. Anybody know how old he is?
  • Options
    A strong defense is the building block of any good team. Now let's beef up the midfield and forwards a bit.
  • Options
    Not to sure about the robbery bolox as didn't think henders had to much to do. Bikey and TBH were immense but that's what defenders are there for is it not?
    We were playing essentially a premiership standard team so I see no reason for any negatives as our team is10 games old?
    Hope we can bring in a strong CF and just maybe we might creep into the top 6 this season.
  • Options
    sasquatch said:

Nice to hear Ahearne-Grant came in too, sounded like he did well in the limited time he was in. Anybody know how old he is?

Had a couple of good moments, had their centre backs peddling backwards and then won a corner (?) after being cornered by a defender in added time.
  • Options

Son was there and dy gifted it to us. Also says they had a good goal disallowed

well he is dead wrong about their goal, both our lads (Pete and Tel) and the BBC confirm with the benefit of replays.
    Crikey you had good eye sight from prague i wasnt there neither were you but he was.
  • Options
    And on a another day we might have played better and won 3 nil
  • Options
    Uboat said:

How many there?

A very decent roar audible on Sky when they showed the goal just now, although admittedly the away fans are situated just below the cameras
  • Options

sasquatch said:

Had a couple of good moments, had their centre backs peddling backwards and then won a corner (?) after being cornered by a defender in added time.
    And did Russell Martin have any kind of reason to pick a fight with him at the final whistle? Doesn't sound like it. Classless from Norwich all round, by the sound of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Staying up in Norwich tonight, after witnessing that absolute robbery first hand :-)

Great three points (amazing how many of us on the predictions thread predicted that 1-0 victory) and the defence were immense. In truth though, we were pretty poor going forward with way too many misplaced passes and hit and hope long balls. Still 3 points at the carrot crunchers is more than welcome and the celebrations amongst the healthy Charlton contingent at the end were brilliant.
  • Options
    I would say we should not all get carried away but where is the fun in that. :-)

Good defences win leagues......just saying. ;-)
  • Options
    I must admit that I was worried when we signed Bikey and especially TBH but fair play to them they have rocked up and through performances have shown they want to play for us and have put in some stonking performances.
  • Options

The view of a bitter Norwich fan:

"Sad when our forum's football intelligentsia can't seem to get their heads around the fact that we were plain ***. Formations and tactics get quoted in order to make excuses for a shoddy Tuesday night defeat against a smaller club that was recently competing in League 1. We're not nearly as good as some of the stream-watching self-professed soccer boffins would have us believe."

How dare they!
  • Options
    took till 7th dec last season to get 18 points
  • Options
    We always have a chance with our defence. Fantastic result - loving this season; roll on Saturday.