Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Norwich v Charlton post match views 2014/15

Comments

• Options
    Great atmosphere, great result. Well Done to all that travelled. I wasn't expectIng that. Great schenes with big Bob at the end. Well pleased I made it. Back it up with three points Saturday and we are really amongst it.
  • Options
    Well, having left Norwich at 4.45am this morning to go for a business team briefing in Reading then back to Norfolk, I was just too late (& knackered) to go. Great result. I will get the Norwich point of view tomorrow. No doubt they will say we were a*se hole lucky - but 10 games unbeaten is something else!

Well done to Jacko - still worth his place. Well done to the defence - I start to wonder if Gomez should get the gig full time.......

We need at least a couple more in on loan but we'll done to Big Bob - really have to give him great credit.
  • Options
    Great result, was out tonight so couldn't listen or watch the stream. Saw we were drawing coming up to half time and even more surprised to see us winning with a few minutes to go. Wasn't expecting anything from these last two, so am very happy to get 4 points and 2 clean sheets.

Also good see KAG made his debut and great to hear he did well in the few minutes he had. Would love to see us in the play-offs but am also enjoying seeing us give Gomez, KAG and hopefully a few more a chance. Wasn't that long ago we came down to this league under Pardew, bringing in so many players that our best youngsters at the time never got much of a chance. They could be playing a big part in an even better team in a year or two.
  • Options
  • Options

Well, having left Norwich at 4.45am this morning to go for a business team briefing in Reading then back to Norfolk, I was just too late (& knackered) to go. Great result. I will get the Norwich point of view tomorrow. No doubt they will say we were a*se hole lucky - but 10 games unbeaten is something else!

Well done to Jacko - still worth his place. Well done to the defence - I start to wonder if Gomez should get the gig full time.......

We need at least a couple more in on loan but we'll done to Big Bob - really have to give him great credit.

Bing - quick answer re Joe Gomez is no, or at least not yet. He is a great talent but Solly still streets ahead at this time. Joe needs to improve in his overlapping and crossing. Strong defensively though.
  • Options
    A quarter of those there have already posted their opinions.....
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Also well done Fanny and all of those who went... some of us who have been home and away regulars in the past have upmost respect for your ongoing commitment, I would have been there if I could (Brighton to Norwich and back just too hard to get away with!)

I rest safe in the knowledge you genuinely loyal fans will always be there for JJ and the boys.

This team is going places, loving it!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2014

The view of a bitter Norwich fan:

"Sad when our forum's football intelligentsia can't seem to get their heads around the fact that we were plain ***. Formations and tactics get quoted in order to make excuses for a shoddy Tuesday night defeat against a smaller club that was recently competing in League 1. We're not nearly as good as some of the stream-watching self-professed soccer boffins would have us believe."

There's nothing inaccurate about what the bitter Norwich fan says, though I wonder about him using the word 'intelligentsia'. It has six syllables - which is way beyond Lincolnshire, let alone Norfolk.

• Options
    Fiiish said:

Imagine our defence with Man Utd's attack, it'd be invincible...

I'd rather have Igor than Rooney...
  • Options
    Any Norwich fans moaning about smash and grab should remember what they did to us when they won promotion from league one at the valley! What goes around eventually comes around
  • Options

"A smaller club that was recently competing in League 1" is just how I would describe Norwich.

On average Norwich get 10k more fans at home than charlton and was very recently competing in the premier league so most would agree Charlton are a smaller club than Norwich.
  • Options
    It was interesting that a minute before Jacko scored Norwich made two substitutions - both attacking players. So they would have weakened themselves somewhere at the back. I thought at the time that could be a mistake and so it proved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got back, what a great away day smash and grab.

Norwich fans are a strange bunch.
  • Options
    aboslutely stunning, watching the play by play at school and nearly went crazy in the middle of the hallway. The back 4 played incredible and im so happy for jacko to finally get on the board. A win saturday guarentees us a place in the top 6 six going into the break. #COYA
  • Options
    quality ... this team... and Bob Petters ... we are top ten minimum and champions maximum...
  • Options
    Just got back.
    Great night, great atmo.

COME IN NUMBER FOUR...........and put your feet up fella.

Love Jacko to bits.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Just remembered my highlight of the night other than the goal... the home fans started up a chant of 'you're not fit to referee' after another contentious decision. Cue the referee staring up at them shaking his head in disagreement! I bet you won't see that again this season!
  • Options

Anyway, don't want to hijack this thread and turn it into another Millwall one. Enjoy your moment, 10 games unbeaten is pretty impressive, although strange that the run hasn't even got you in a play off spot. There'll be plenty of twists and turns in this season yet, it's still early days. Can only see us struggling though to be honest, but hey ho, win or lose and all that.

Five games in and you lot were looking good...then you had to play someone outside of Blackpool, Fulham and Leeds with their Non league manager.
    Looking forward to taking 4/6 points off you lot this season - we are class and we are still a work in progress with many of the first team only played 10 games for CAFC...come January they will have 25 games under their belt and we should have another couple of players... Perhaps not too long before our gates climb again :)