Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Norwich v Charlton post match views 2014/15

Comments

• Options
    Respect to all of you who made the trip. What a night, what a result. Plus KAG introduced and Millwall losing at home. Aaaagh time for bed.
  • Options

"A smaller club that was recently competing in League 1" is just how I would describe Norwich.

On average Norwich get 10k more fans at home than charlton and was very recently competing in the premier league so most would agree Charlton are a smaller club than Norwich.
    Apart from your lousy grammar, MillwallFan, may I point out that your manager couldn't quite cope with being in the Premier League with Palace and tumbled headfirst in to the Toolbox. And your crowds are...? And your league position is...?
  • Options
    Just got home. Wow what a game..one which i didnt think we would get anything out of. So proud of our defense, they stood tall and took a lot of crap from the Norwich players
  • Options
    Just home. Bloody brilliant
  • Options
    Just home. Stealing points seems to be a common feature of late! Superb defence tonight, all in all a great result but probably a tad fortunate. Sleeps going to be hard to come by after that!
  • Options

"A smaller club that was recently competing in League 1" is just how I would describe Norwich.

On average Norwich get 10k more fans at home than charlton and was very recently competing in the premier league so most would agree Charlton are a smaller club than Norwich.
    If that's that case then what are you lot to us? Microscopic?
    Difference is we don't pretend to be a big club, and we don't care if people think we are or not. As the old saying goes, Millwall FC, biggest small club out there. Yeah, we get 10k at home, but people are a lot more interested in little old Millwall than they ever will be in Charlton.
    Apart from your lousy grammar, MillwallFan, I wonder who these people interested in "little old Millwall" may be. The pond-life in Rotherhithe? Neanderthals in Bermondsey? Criminals in the Old Kent Road? Good books have been written about them all, yet I do wonder if you have actually learned to read, look or learn.
  • Options

Just back & feel like I've been 12 rounds with Mike Tyson! Coming away from Carrow Road, my legs were still shaking and I'd only had 1 Smirnoff Ice as they didn't sell wine on the concourse !!!! Think I'll change my order pre match on Saturday .

Briefly scanned the match report on the OS and I saw it exactly the same way- BB's plan seemingly to suck up the pressure (with our stalwarts at the back being the strongest part of the team?) , wear out the opposition whilst lulling them into a false sense of security and then when they're tiring & desperate, we hit them with the sucker punch. Simples !

I thought everyone performed tonight, although once again I was disappointed with Yoni. Jordan worked tirelessly & is our own Duracell Bunny & possibly my MOTM but as always The Beast & Ben Haim were almost faultless. What fantastic signings they are ! But after reading the doubters' views on Captain Fantastic over the past few days, it was written in the stars that he would be our match winner. Don't you just love him ?

It was an privilege to be there tonight when the upstarts from SE7 had the temerity to silence the irritating but loud " Yellow! Yellow!" which was repeated ad nauseum. Our lads worked their socks off & never gave up - we should be SO proud of them. And those that were fortunate to make the trip duly showed them how proud ! Premiership ? You're having a laugh !

This team is one to be reckoned with & the rest of the Championship must be waking up to that. Yes, managers have done their homework and Igor sees little of the ball but there are many ways to skin a cat...or in this case, a canary. And we have a canny manager who is getting the best out of his squad- both experienced & inexperienced players working as one. No Billy Big B*llocks for us - I don't believe our gaffer would allow that. 10 matches this term undefeated is not to be sneezed at - who knows how long the run can extend?

I'm exhausted this morning but exultant & excited too. And I'm lovin' it !

Onwards & upwards !!

Other than the Buyens bit (who I thought played well tonight),I agree with all of this. You could call it a smash and grab but, despite their possession, I never felt we were under pressure and this was shown up by how few big saves Henderson had to make. It was the perfect away performance and I felt privileged to witness it. I love Charlton but must now try to sleep.......
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Anyway, don't want to hijack this thread and turn it into another Millwall one. Enjoy your moment, 10 games unbeaten is pretty impressive, although strange that the run hasn't even got you in a play off spot. There'll be plenty of twists and turns in this season yet, it's still early days. Can only see us struggling though to be honest, but hey ho, win or lose and all that.

At long last you've got it right, MillwallFan - Everyone else can see you struggling, "to be honest", as you coyly put it. What happens when you are dishonest? Do you think you might actually win?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Two things with that...

1) It's clearly not deliberate handball, Bikey's arm is out for balance before the ball is struck and the ball is hit too hard and from too close to Bikey to give him any chance to get out of the way. No Pen.

2) Henderson had it covered.

So what if the game was 99% attack vs defence, the defence won and for the other 1% the less tested defence didn't do its job. That's football. The best team won. Tough titties carrot munchers.

• Options
    Fantastic result and yet again the defence is the star. Wiggins has been improving massively with ben haim and bikey as his mentors. The midfield is where we need the lift. Jackson does it yet again and becoming a person to be remembered for getting vital goals. If duchatelet wants to take a punt on us for the premiership this may prod him along nicely.
  • Options
    purdis said:

purdis said:
    ‘You don’t see him picking on Andre Bikey,’ said Peeters afterwards, referring to his defender who is built like a rugby prop-forward, ‘they pick on the little one.’

Have to say it would have been interesting had he picked on The Beast!

Very impressed with Bikey - fits in so well with Ben-Haim and Henderson for a superb defence. That has made such a difference for is this season. Just need another up front to back up Igor....
  • Options

Two things with that...

1) It's clearly not deliberate handball, Bikey's arm is out for balance before the ball is struck and the ball is hit too hard and from too close to Bikey to give him any chance to get out of the way. No Pen.

Blimey mate, that's almost as heroic a defence as what the boys put up last night :-)

Don't be tempted to post it on a Canaries forum, they're obviously a bit unhinged up there.
  • Options

Two things with that...

So what if the game was 99% attack vs defence, the defence won and for the other 1% the less tested defence didn't do its job. That's football. The best team won. Tough titties carrot munchers.

Deliberate or not, and not being able to get your arm out of the way is irrelevant. If the arm is not by your side or in front of your body then it's handball. His is outstretched therefore a pen all day long and we got away with it. That's football as you say.
  • Options

The view of a bitter Norwich fan:

"Sad when our forum's football intelligentsia can't seem to get their heads around the fact that we were plain ***. Formations and tactics get quoted in order to make excuses for a shoddy Tuesday night defeat against a smaller club that was recently competing in League 1. We're not nearly as good as some of the stream-watching self-professed soccer boffins would have us believe."

A smaller club recently competing in League One? Is he talking about Norwich there? Fool! COYR!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A great win. Not quite sure how we keep picking up points but very happy that we are.
  • Options

Anyway, don't want to hijack this thread and turn it into another Millwall one. Enjoy your moment, 10 games unbeaten is pretty impressive, although strange that the run hasn't even got you in a play off spot. There'll be plenty of twists and turns in this season yet, it's still early days. Can only see us struggling though to be honest, but hey ho, win or lose and all that.

Five games in and you lot were looking good...then you had to play someone outside of Blackpool, Fulham and Leeds with their Non league manager.
    Looking forward to taking 4/6 points off you lot this season - we are class and we are still a work in progress with many of the first team only played 10 games for CAFC...come January they will have 25 games under their belt and we should have another couple of players... Perhaps not too long before our gates climb again :)
    listen, we may be unbeaten, already have 18 points and just be outside the playoffs, but 4/6 points off Millwall??...let's not get carried away!!!
  • Options
    Let the Smallwall fan make himself feel better by thinking we're a small club, think he needs cheering up considering Blackpool have picked up more points in the last 5 games then the Spanners.
  • Options

If that's that case then what are you lot to us? Microscopic?
    Difference is we don't pretend to be a big club, and we don't care if people think we are or not. As the old saying goes, Millwall FC, biggest small club out there. Yeah, we get 10k at home, but people are a lot more interested in little old Millwall than they ever will be in Charlton.
    Apart from your lousy grammar, MillwallFan, I wonder who these people interested in "little old Millwall" may be. The pond-life in Rotherhithe? Neanderthals in Bermondsey? Criminals in the Old Kent Road? Good books have been written about them all, yet I do wonder if you have actually learned to read, look or learn.
    As usual a dumb arsed Spanner confusing infamous with famous!

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/infamous
  • Options
    If we include the back-end of last season how many league games are we now unbeaten for?