Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Norwich v Charlton post match views 2014/15

Comments

• Options
    Is that Cameron Jerome pretending to be elbowed in the face again?
  • Options

Proper football fans have never been interested in Millwall. You're a club the size of Swindon Town except they have had a Premier League season to their name. Its amazing the self importance millwall still have because of their hooligan reputation 3 decades ago.

Yes, my clubs not particular a big club, why do you think it would offend me by pointing that out? I'm actually quite proud that I support a smaller club. I could've taken the easy option and started following arsenal or Man U but I didn't, I followed my local team and the team my dad supported.
    Out of our 130 year history we've spent two seasons in the top flight (yes, there was a top flight before the premier league) and our crowds reflect that. We've never had much success on the pitch and unfortunately crowds tend to follow success. (Look how Charlton get an extra 10/12k when they're in the premier league.)
    Question for you, who do you respect more, the 75k who go Man U or the 3 or 4 k who go to watch Rochdale week in week out? Think about it.
  • Options
    Oh, and my small club has beat your big club 33 times compared to the 11 times you've beat us. :-)
  • Options
    Handball
  • Options

Proper football fans have never been interested in Millwall. You're a club the size of Swindon Town except they have had a Premier League season to their name. Its amazing the self importance millwall still have because of their hooligan reputation 3 decades ago.

Yes, my clubs not particular a big club, why do you think it would offend me by pointing that out? I'm actually quite proud that I support a smaller club. I could've taken the easy option and started following arsenal or Man U but I didn't, I followed my local team and the team my dad supported.
    Out of our 130 year history we've spent two seasons in the top flight (yes, there was a top flight before the premier league) and our crowds reflect that. We've never had much success on the pitch and unfortunately crowds tend to follow success. (Look how Charlton get an extra 10/12k when they're in the premier league.)
    Question for you, who do you respect more, the 75k who go Man U or the 3 or 4 k who go to watch Rochdale week in week out? Think about it.
    IMHO that's your best & most honest post so far, MF.

At this point we could even be singing from the same hymn sheet....

We both support our local team. End of.

• Options

"A smaller club that was recently competing in League 1" is just how I would describe Norwich.

On average Norwich get 10k more fans at home than charlton and was very recently competing in the premier league so most would agree Charlton are a smaller club than Norwich.
    If that's that case then what are you lot to us? Microscopic?
    Difference is we don't pretend to be a big club, and we don't care if people think we are or not. As the old saying goes, Millwall FC, biggest small club out there. Yeah, we get 10k at home, but people are a lot more interested in little old Millwall than they ever will be in Charlton.
    Apart from your lousy grammar, MillwallFan, I wonder who these people interested in "little old Millwall" may be. The pond-life in Rotherhithe? Neanderthals in Bermondsey? Criminals in the Old Kent Road? Good books have been written about them all, yet I do wonder if you have actually learned to read, look or learn.
    Ask fans from the likes of Leeds, Cardiff, Forest, plus the promoted teams, what the first fixture is that they look for when the fixtures come out. After their local derbies I'll bet Millwall away is the next one for a fair few. Now where do you reckon Charlton come in in that level of interest? Well down the pecking order. For whatever reason, Millwall is a more interesting day out than charlton. That's just a fact.
    I know for a fact that Charlton got voted a better away day. You're so so deluded
    I'm talking about proper fans, not the happy clappy's who fill out those surveys. If you seriously think prople in general are more interested in Charlton than Millwall then you sir are the deluded one.
    Where can we can we read the results of your survey and a few of the details like how and when?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"A smaller club that was recently competing in League 1" is just how I would describe Norwich.

On average Norwich get 10k more fans at home than charlton and was very recently competing in the premier league so most would agree Charlton are a smaller club than Norwich.
    Difference is we don't pretend to be a big club, and we don't care if people think we are or not. As the old saying goes, Millwall FC, biggest small club out there. Yeah, we get 10k at home, but people are a lot more interested in little old Millwall than they ever will be in Charlton.
    Apart from your lousy grammar, MillwallFan, I wonder who these people interested in "little old Millwall" may be. The pond-life in Rotherhithe? Neanderthals in Bermondsey? Criminals in the Old Kent Road? Good books have been written about them all, yet I do wonder if you have actually learned to read, look or learn.
    Ask fans from the likes of Leeds, Cardiff, Forest, plus the promoted teams, what the first fixture is that they look for when the fixtures come out. After their local derbies I'll bet Millwall away is the next one for a fair few. Now where do you reckon Charlton come in in that level of interest? Well down the pecking order. For whatever reason, Millwall is a more interesting day out than charlton. That's just a fact.
    I know for a fact that Charlton got voted a better away day. You're so so deluded
    I'm talking about proper fans, not the happy clappy's who fill out those surveys. If you seriously think prople in general are more interested in Charlton than Millwall then you sir are the deluded one.
    Where can we can we read the results of your survey and a few of the details like how and when?
    The real survey MF is referring to is in the Millwall official fanzine:

• Options
    edited October 2014

I think you missed my point. The way you come across with all this arrogance about how everyone is interested in you when really i bet most football fans couldn't name two of your players and before you start i would say exactly the same about Charlton.

I also think just because they are big clubs it doesn't mean they dont have the real fans of lowe leagues. If people spend there money supporting their team whoever it may be then fair play. Its the arm chair surrey based armchair fans i can't stand.
  • Options

Make up your mind, your post suggests that 'proper fans' are in fact 'people in general'. You also evoke another group called 'happy clappy's', who I surmise are not part of people in general. Was it the proper fans or the happy clappy's that boosted your numbers when you had the love in at Wembley?

• Options

I think you missed my point. The way you come across with all this arrogance about how everyone is interested in you when really i bet most football fans couldn't name two of your players and before you start i would say exactly the same about Charlton.
    Come on mate, even you must admit more neutrals would have heard about and are interested in Millwall than Charlton. As you say, probably for the wrong reasons, but that doesn't change the fact.
    Leeds and Cardiff love coming to us. Do you think they get that excited about Charlton away?
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Come on mate, even you must admit more neutrals would have heard about and are interested in Millwall than Charlton. As you say, probably for the wrong reasons, but that doesn't change the fact.
    Leeds and Cardiff love coming to us. Do you think they get that excited about Charlton away?
    Two of the scummiest teams being excited about coming to your ground is not something to shout about whether it makes you feel important or not.

Sounds like a crack head being excited about going to a different crack den. (Pun intended)
  • Options

Oh dear.

You've gone & blotted your copybook again, MF..

• Options

But why is it something you seem proud of?

I only have one thing against Millwall, that is the fact even the decent fans like im sure you are, still play up and enjoy the fact your club is known rightly or wrongly for being a club that has a high percentage of hooligans.

If that was my club id be ashamed and work hard as a fanbase to change that image in every way i could, not relish in it, which i find pathetic.
  • Options
    So this has gone completely off topic again...
  • Options
    edited October 2014

So this has gone completely off topic again...

Oops, just could not resist.
  • Options
    MF why are you so intent on posting on our forum?? This thread is about our result last night. Why don't you go and compare your pride and joy with another knuckle dragger. You'll have much more in common. Close the door on your way out pal.... Cheerio
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't relish in it, Just in this artificial world of sanitised football, all seater stadia, and plastic middle class fans, I'm proud that my club is still a bit old school. A bit rough around the edges maybe but when you visit Millwall there's still a bit of the old fashioned working class feel to the place. Yeah, can be a bit menacing at times following Millwall (home and away), but I was brought up watching football as a kid in the 70's and 80's and what we have in this day and age is nothing compared to that.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Anyway, don't want to hijack this thread and turn it into another Millwall one. Enjoy your moment, 10 games unbeaten is pretty impressive, although strange that the run hasn't even got you in a play off spot. There'll be plenty of twists and turns in this season yet, it's still early days. Can only see us struggling though to be honest, but hey ho, win or lose and all that.

About the play offs, you were saying? ;-)
    Cue tumble weed in Bermondsey
  • Options
    MillwallFan. To say most neutrals are more interested in yourselves than us for the wrong reasons is tantamount to admitting your club is a bit of a car crash. A club for the rubberneckers to see what ditritis is left from your latest antics. It is not a compliment. You then cite Cardiff and Leeds getting excited to visit your ground as further 'evidence.'

A bit like saying The Sun is the most popular newspaper because eight out of prisoners prefer it to any other.
  • Options

I don't relish in it, Just in this artificial world of sanitised football, all seater stadia, and plastic middle class fans, I'm proud that my club is still a bit old school. A bit rough around the edges maybe but when you visit Millwall there's still a bit of the old fashioned working class feel to the place. Yeah, can be a bit menacing at times following Millwall (home and away), but I was brought up watching football as a kid in the 70's and 80's and what we have in this day and age is nothing compared to that.

Why are middle class fans 'plastic'?

• Options
    Great win against a top side in their own backyard. Bring on the Brum Saturday, show the pikeys from down the road how its done.
  • Options
    Its a real shame that after a good win I have to read a pile of shite from a millwall fan on a post match thread about a game between us and Norwich. I see admins threat on here this morning about deleting any more spanner related crap was just hot air.
  • Options
    writing after wayne king about that result
    simply fantastic result , how the hell are we undefeated

0% top two ......... 8% 3rd-6th .........57% 7th-12th ......35% 13th-21st...... 0% Relegation
  • Options
    edited October 2014

MillwallFan. To say most neutrals are more interested in yourselves than us for the wrong reasons is tantamount to admitting your club is a bit of a car crash. A club for the rubberneckers to see what ditritis is left from your latest antics. It is not a compliment. You then cite Cardiff and Leeds getting excited to visit your ground as further 'evidence.'

A bit like saying The Sun is the most popular newspaper because eight out of prisoners prefer it to any other.

Ok forget Leeds and Cardiff, ask any fan from any of the big premier league London clubs who they would prefer to draw away in the cup, charlton or Millwall, and I reckon the majority would opt for Millwall.
    I don't mean this as an insult, I really don't, but Charlton go pretty much unnoticed by the rest of London. A trip to The Den would get the average Chelsea or spurs fan buzzing, and I'm not just talking about their hooligan element. It would be like an old school day out. Charlton away just wouldn't get the juices flowing like a trip to Millwall would. It's not arrogance, it's just a fact. People would put charlton the same sort of bracket as Fulham or Watford.
  • Options
    Fk sake