Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Norwich v Charlton post match views 2014/15

Comments

• Options

Only another 2078 more matches unbeaten and we'll catch up with Huddersfield ;-)

Of those 2078 matches we need to draw at least 2000 to really match the Huddersfield invincibles....their exact record was W14 D2064 L0

But what a great team they were
  • Options

Don't think I have ever seen such a one-sided game where the dominant team lost.. Fair play to Charlton but #ncfc should have sealed it

— Ed Balls (@edballsmp) October 1, 2014

Sorry as soon as I got to Ed Balls... The names the clue FFS!!!
  • Options

Don't think I have ever seen such a one-sided game where the dominant team lost.. Fair play to Charlton but #ncfc should have sealed it

Who is this guy? Must not watch a lot of football.

Think his name says it all, AA .....

• Options
    edited October 2014

Sorry as soon as I got to Ed Balls... The names the clue FFS!!!

Snap !

Great minds, soapy !

• Options

"A smaller club that was recently competing in League 1" is just how I would describe Norwich.

On average Norwich get 10k more fans at home than charlton and was very recently competing in the premier league so most would agree Charlton are a smaller club than Norwich.
    If that's that case then what are you lot to us? Microscopic?
    Difference is we don't pretend to be a big club, and we don't care if people think we are or not. As the old saying goes, Millwall FC, biggest small club out there. Yeah, we get 10k at home, but people are a lot more interested in little old Millwall than they ever will be in Charlton.
    I thought you were going to break into song there.......Still the 10k had a great night last night by the sounds of it, a resounding 1-3 defeat at home to Brum
  • Options

As has been alluded to several times in this thread 'what goes around comes around'. As well as specific instances already quoted, I recall a last minute equaliser at Norwich against us a couple of years back which was a clear foul on our keeper that was not given.

Last night it all went our way, so let's enjoy our moment and not have sour grapes (or carrots) like these poor sods when the boot is on the other foot.

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm not too precious about this big club/ small club thing. I honestly couldn't care less!

Also when we pulverised them in L1 when they were top and they beat us 1-0 with one shot on goal (header from corner) and spent the rest of the time defending - one of the most one sided games i have ever seen - i think the possession that day was 70-30.
  • Options
    Great result and well done to all those that went.
  • Options
    johnnie jackson on talksport soon
  • Options

Absolutely fabulous result. The seven-day holiday for our National Day begins today. I wanted to get up at 3am to watch the game but simply couldn't do it as I'd been at work for 11 hours yesterday and felt really tired... The stream links on Wiziwig had never worked for me anyway so I opted to sleep, thinking maybe this is the game where our unbeaten run ends. Woke up at 7 this morning and turned on my cellphone immediately to see the result. We won. Unbelievalbe... Then I got a message from the deputy manager of my department congratulating me on the win. What a way to start the holiday!

PS. Not sure why the Norwich fan needed to be so bitter and claim we're a smaller club. I used to consider them to be a little bit similar to us both in size and overall image...

@JessieAddick - so did they. Delia and her colleagues on the Norwich Board went on record repeatedly in the early and mid-2000s to say that Charlton were the model club they aspired to be. They even subsequently went so far as to replicate our slide into League 1.

Maybe a few years in the Premier League have led to some loss of perspective on the part of their fans. This is one brutal league and no one should be stupid enough to think that teams are going to roll over for them - especially CAFC
  • Options

Too busy being an MP and Shadow Chancellor : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Too busy being an MP and Shadow Chancellor : - )

And long may it continue... The shadow part at least! ;0)
  • Options
    Norwich City is one of those clubs I really have it in for. Constantly going on about how good their attendances are, just very self-centric attitude whenever they travel to away grounds.

Their level of smugness when they won promotion at our place in 2011 was off the charts.

"We'll never play you again" - so much for that, tossers!
  • Options
    some stats ...
    best two first-half records go head to head on Saturday: http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/fsthalf.html
    Brum have the worst second-half record though, whilst Norwich still have the best despite last night:
    http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/sndhalf.html
  • Options
    J J's and the rest of the teams reaction said it all. but please BP, show us on Saturday that we can have more ambition going forward against teams below us in the league.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

On the subject of Gomez though, I wasn't too impressed when he spoke to Henderson before going down on the floor to get treatment.. Did he really require treatment? If so, what on earth was the referee doing refusing that? If he didn't need treatment, why go down? That's not what I want to see, not a promising and talented young player cynically going to that length to waste time.

LuckyReds: Prior to Gomez going down in the box, from the stream I was watching, it appeared that Gomez had hurt himself close to the right touch line & was limping - and looked like he was looking to the sideline for treatment or being subbed.....hamstring perhaps...??? I believe his going down in the box was a continuation of his prior injury not a delaying tactic....IMHO and from what I observed....
  • Options
    Class.

Spanners spouting utter tosh on a Charlton forum. How funny. They do look up to us as a club, quite cute really...

Norwich fans forgetting when they parked the bus at ours a few years back, and went away with a 1-0 win. Amazing really, how some fans' memories are so short lived.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    cafctom said:

Norwich City is one of those clubs I really have it in for. Constantly going on about how good their attendances are, just very self-centric attitude whenever they travel to away grounds.

Their level of smugness when they won promotion at our place in 2011 was off the charts.

If you lived in Norwich and that was the only thing to do in Norwich, well apart from counting Mangel Wurzels on both hands and feet (that's 21 in Narge BTW...) then your attendances would be capacity wouldn't they?

Bollox to em, carrot crunching twats!

(edit) sorry that's another thing to do in Narge, carrot crunching!
  • Options
    edited October 2014

cafctom said:

If you lived in Norwich and that was the only thing to do in Norwich, well apart from counting Mangel Wurzels on both hands and feet (that's 21 in Narge BTW...) then your attendances would be capacity wouldn't they?

Bollox to em, carrot crunching twats!

(edit) sorry that's another thing to do in Narge, carrot crunching!
    talking of carrot crunching, did anyone see the guy last night who took the effort to bring a carrot in with him to pretend to crunch on it to the Norwich fans?
  • Options

Yes the key word there Ed is... You SHOULD have won... but you didnt

One of Norwich's local Newspapers SHOULDNT have come out with that daft prediction but thanks for that... Saved Bob Peeters a job :)
  • Options

"A smaller club that was recently competing in League 1" is just how I would describe Norwich.

On average Norwich get 10k more fans at home than charlton and was very recently competing in the premier league so most would agree Charlton are a smaller club than Norwich.
    If that's that case then what are you lot to us? Microscopic?
    Difference is we don't pretend to be a big club, and we don't care if people think we are or not. As the old saying goes, Millwall FC, biggest small club out there. Yeah, we get 10k at home, but people are a lot more interested in little old Millwall than they ever will be in Charlton.
    Apart from your lousy grammar, MillwallFan, I wonder who these people interested in "little old Millwall" may be. The pond-life in Rotherhithe? Neanderthals in Bermondsey? Criminals in the Old Kent Road? Good books have been written about them all, yet I do wonder if you have actually learned to read, look or learn.
    Ask fans from the likes of Leeds, Cardiff, Forest, plus the promoted teams, what the first fixture is that they look for when the fixtures come out. After their local derbies I'll bet Millwall away is the next one for a fair few. Now where do you reckon Charlton come in in that level of interest? Well down the pecking order. For whatever reason, Millwall is a more interesting day out than charlton. That's just a fact.
    I know for a fact that Charlton got voted a better away day. You're so so deluded
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LuckyReds said:

On the subject of Gomez though, I wasn't too impressed when he spoke to Henderson before going down on the floor to get treatment.. Did he really require treatment? If so, what on earth was the referee doing refusing that? If he didn't need treatment, why go down? That's not what I want to see, not a promising and talented young player cynically going to that length to waste time.

LuckyReds: Prior to Gomez going down in the box, from the stream I was watching, it appeared that Gomez had hurt himself close to the right touch line & was limping - and looked like he was looking to the sideline for treatment or being subbed.....hamstring perhaps...??? I believe his going down in the box was a continuation of his prior injury not a delaying tactic....IMHO and from what I observed....
    Gomez was hurt 10 minutes before going off, by a late tackle. The ref played advantage as we were in their half. Would guess at it being an ankle or foot injury from the look of the challenge
  • Options
    It was definitely a late tackle. Naively he tried to carry on for a bit before going down injured. When Henderson then put it out, the ref would not let the trainer on, Norwich refused to give it back from their throw. Their terrible sportsmanship was truly rewarded a few minutes later - got what they deserved. Just hope Joey is ok
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    cant stand Norwich and there muggy fans remember when we drew 2-2 at there place a few years back in league one giving it large than running off find there fans really strange
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Lawrie Wilson song after the final whistle last night

http://youtu.be/YRLwaCp2vFk
  • Options
    There's nothing wrong with Catenaccio.

Long live Rope-a-dope football and this weeks dope is Neil Adams.
  • Options
    redman said:

It was definitely a late tackle. Naively he tried to carry on for a bit before going down injured. When Henderson then put it out, the ref would not let the trainer on, Norwich refused to give it back from their throw. Their terrible sportsmanship was truly rewarded a few minutes later - got what they deserved. Just hope Joey is ok

SO glad you mentioned that incident, redman as I was beginning to think I'd dreamt it !

Wonder how Peter & Terry viewed this on the commentary ?

It totally fecked me off and it was definitely karma when JJ scored .

Case of cheats never prosper....

• Options
    Could Hendo's time wasting reputation be catching up with him.

Our fans mention this at home matches so we must expect to get pelters from the away fans.

Understand your feelings Fanny because you hardly every see the ball not being given back.

I think that was about the third time young Joe had gone down after a late tackle on him earlier.
    (he was injured but their crowd seemed unaware of this)

In the end no harm was done by the ball not coming back.

but Stephen needs to try to be Subtle in his subterfuge, Because the Ref was not on his side.
  • Options
    Fair enough, Sam but ethics are ethics in my book.

( NB NOT 50 Shades !)