Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Raheem Sterling

Comments

• Options
    Half suspect Liverpool had a role in this really.

Its unusual to see people so honest I guess.

Usually such issues are hushed up with "he had a slight knock"

The key is what react Sterling has if he is forced to be "rested" rather than asks to...
  • Options
    The way people are over reacting ,anyone would have thought we'd have lost last night!
  • Options
    Photo on twitter of Sterling relaxing with caption about him being too tired to play football while our troops are risking their lives overseas. I hope it was meant to be satirical, but I don't think it was.
  • Options
    Brenda obviously told him what to do. He's got him right under the thumb. I heard he pops over to Brenda's every night to do the ironing and dishes.
  • Options

Fiiiiiish said:

Agree with Tom.

For a young athlete he has had an intense year of football. Yes he is paid alot but if you can feel your body on the way to an injury, then 30k a week isn't going to stop it, a rest will.

He knows his limits and it gave someone else a chance in the England teamto show what they can do. England won and they didn't need Sterling.

quite. Michael Owen was a victim of this, you could even point to wayne rooney has played too much football and is passed his physical peak because of it.

Love seeing all the armchair sports scientists saying he should be playing.
    Even Messi. He's played a ridiculous amount of games over the last few years and I think his game has suffered because of it over the past twelve months.
    ... And he wants to play every game, throwing his toys around if he's ever substituted.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Great debate about it on TalkSport now

Yes, I think they've hit the nail on the head. The scenario could so easily have been:

Sterling gets a 2 day break after games at Liverpool
    Sterling (possibly under Rodgers pressure) wanted to miss TRAINING, but like any player would have wanted to play.
    Roy has been around for a while. He doesn't believe Liverpool's recovery methods, especially after 45 mins vs San Marino
    Roy feels shafted by Liverpool again
    Drops Sterling from starting XI. Starts another Liverpool player
    Tells media exactly what he was told in attempt to show club power over country.
    Over to Liverpool and Rodgers.

• Options
    I tell you one thing I do like , Roy is obviously trying to make a point on who's boss here. I like it even more after the way the red shite treated him when he was manager.
  • Options
    I wonder if one of the reasons that Hodgson made it public was to deflect from a 1-0 victory, I certainly was expecting a better result than that.

I also think this lack lustre qualifying group almost encourages players to put less commitment in than they would do say playing in a group with Holland, Scotland, Estonia.

Finally,. he did not refuse to play, so I have no problem with him letting the manager know how he felt. Would all of this fuss been made if Hodgson had given him the first half and "puilled him off"!!!! at half time.
  • Options
    Regardless of whether Sterling is tired or not, and although 'm not his biggest fan, it's great to see an England manager finally standing up to Premier League clubs.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Would all of this fuss been made if Hodgson had given him the first half and "puilled him off"!!!! at half time.

I think the manager should be focusing on the half-time team talk instead
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Outrageous. How dare he have a social life!!!!
  • Options
    Poor little lad is worn out through too much shagging .. well, you're only young once
  • Options
    To be honest I would rather the place go to someone who wants it than someone who doesn't, if he doesn't want to play and give it his all, give that opportunity to someone who does.
  • Options
    lol i love the way the paper thinks by 'too tired' it means he was yawning loads and probably walked up to Roy Hodgson sucking his thumb and holding his favourite teddy.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

To be honest I would rather the place go to someone who wants it than someone who doesn't, if he doesn't want to play and give it his all, give that opportunity to someone who does.

FFS he didn't say that did he?
  • Options
    WTF are those people he is with in the 2nd photo ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

WTF are those people he is with in the 2nd photo ?
    The one bottom left looks like a squashed apple
  • Options
    Thought I would bump this convo as he took another short break. Personally I think he has been liverpools best and most important player and surely this break tactic should be used more often as it worked for him. I also agree that how much they get paid has nothing to do with it as it is not as if this money is being used to add an extra lung or something.
  • Options
    I think we need a winter break for a couple weeks. Perhaps have it after boxing day or new years day.
    Then make the first weekend back the 3rd round of the FA cup. A two week break is one way to give the players time off, and also galvanizes more interest in the cup meaning attendances should be higher when they do return.

But I can't see the premier league allowing anything like that to happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quickly becoming about as popular as Ashley Cole. No question he's a talented boy but what a tool
  • Options

Quickly becoming about as popular as Ashley Cole. No question he's a talented boy but what a tool

Why?
  • Options
    Why is he a tool?
  • Options
    Coming from QPR he will have no great loyalty or love for them like Gerrard had for example.
  • Options

Coming from QPR he will have no great loyalty or love for them like Gerrard had for example.

Completely agree, granted it is a huge amount of money for a 20 year old to be earning but he is an England regular and if he can command the same or more from a team in the Champions League why should he stay at Liverpool
  • Options

???
  • Options
    Harry Kane - Just signed a new contract at 35-40k a week (End of Jan)

Raheem Sterling - Turns down 100k a week

One of em needs a new agent
  • Options
    Turned down a 100k a week contract, sums up footballers nowdays. He's a 20 year old ffs whos profession is one millions of people dream of. Greedy bastard comes to mind.
  • Options
    brogib said:

Harry Kane - Just signed a new contract at 35-40k a week (End of Jan)

Raheem Sterling - Turns down 100k a week

One of em needs a new agent

Kane had only been around the 1st team squad for a few weeks by that stage.

I'll be surprised if he's not already negotiating improved terms.

• Options

Why is he a tool?

The salary and contract situation for starters

The fact he needed a rest instead of representing his country that time

I believe he had a couple of kids when he was very young by different

Not exactly role model behaviour. And he runs like he's drying his nails